Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Honestly if y'all draft Suggs or Mobley depending on how things shake up, you actually gettin a sure thing at #4
    there's no such thing as a sure thing. Anyone can bust. Greg Oden says hi. Sam Bowe says hi. Darko Milicic says hi. Bargnani says primo pasta and sauce. Kwame Brown is out there fighting with SAS somewhere.

You know what all these players have in common? they were once highly touted prospects in their respective drafts. Sam Bowe went ahead of Jordan for god sakes. Moral of the story, there's no such thing as a sure thing.

From Ryan Wolstat's Twitter:
    Jalen Suggs says Raptors player development program is "off the charts." Loves that G League team is "really close, it's right there so they're always hands on with you." (Seems like he's done his homework).
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    there's no such thing as a sure thing. Anyone can bust. Greg Oden says hi. Sam Bowe says hi. Darko Milicic says hi. Bargnani says primo pasta and sauce. Kwame Brown is out there fighting with SAS somewhere.

You know what all these players have in common? they were once highly touted prospects in their respective drafts. Sam Bowe went ahead of Jordan for god sakes. Moral of the story, there's no such thing as a sure thing.
    The moral of the story is “draft skill not size”.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    From Ryan Wolstat's Twitter:
    Jalen Suggs says Raptors player development program is "off the charts." Loves that G League team is "really close, it's right there so they're always hands on with you." (Seems like he's done his homework).
    Explain again why y'all wouldn't want this man on your team

People are overthinking it. Trying to multiply assets.

Who doesn't want him?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I'm fairly sure everyone would be happy if the Raptors draft him. There might be some hope for Mobley but the Raptors dont have control over that. Whoever is left from those 4, will likely be the pick.

Last edited by aman_13; 07-27-2021 at 07:25 PM.

It doesn’t matter what we want. Raptors brass going to do what’s best for the team. I’ll be happy with whatever they do.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I'm fairly sure everyone would be happy if the Raptors draft him. There might be some hope for Mobley but the Raptors dont have control over that. Whoever is left from those 4, will likely be the pick.

Yeah exactly. Everyone has actually already stated that Suggs is likely the pick. We’re just having fun with trade ideas. God forbid we do that in a sports forum lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    The moral of the story is “draft skill not size”.
    So not Mobley? He’s the only big that would take at 4 if he’s available.

Less than 24 hours until tomorrow's Draft...and lookin at mocks final mock ups it still has y'all at #4 taking Suggs. Unless a major swerve happens, it is lookin like Suggs is the pick.

I'm happy with suggs but I'd prefer mobley.
    Honest you can't really go wrong with any of the top 4 prospects. Our development team should be able to do some good work with any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    I'm happy with suggs but I'd prefer mobley.
    Honest you can't really go wrong with any of the top 4 prospects. Our development team should be able to do some good work with any of them
    I actually would be happy with Mobley but would prefer Suggs.

I think that the 5 is the least important position to fill in today’s game. I know that Mobley can play the 4 but we already have Siakam and OG.

Imo our biggest need will be at pg because I think Lowry is gone and it will be very hard to replace him. I wouldn’t mind filling the hole at the 5 with guys Allen or Holms and if we strike out we can get a combination of Birch/Noel or someone Like Kelly to come in as a back up.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-28-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I actually would be happy with Mobley but would prefer Suggs.

I think that the 5 is the least important position to fill in today’s game. I know that Mobley can play the 4 but we already have Siakam and OG.

Imo our biggest need will be at pg because I think Lowry is gone and it will be very hard to replace him. I wouldn’t mind filling the hole at the 5 with guys Allen or Holms and if we strike out we can get a combination of Birch/Noel or someone Like Kelly to come in as a back up.
    See I'm not on board with the fad that 5's aren't important anymore.

Giannis, Joker, AD. All pieces to build around. I think the idea that bigs aren't important anymore just comes from the shift to perimeter play. But big guys can still play outside, they can still shoot, the can still develop their passing/ballhandling skills if they're brought up right. And most importantly, the basket is still 10' high and hanging above everyone's head no matter that era, and playing at that level will always be easier if you're starting 8" closer to the rim than the next guy.

And one of the big reasons why I'd prefer Mobley is that is still keeps the roster position available for Lowry if he wants to come back. It's the total rose tinted glasses of a hometown fan and not a bball decision, but I'd like to see Lowry finish up here.

Don't get me wrong, I like suggs too. Dude looks like a lowry-style warrior except a bigger frame and 10+ years younger. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But Mobley is a position of need, and PG is a position of need If lowry leaves. So plugging Mobley in seems less major of a surgery to the roster, offers potentially more overall upside being the more highly touted pick. Just my $0.02

There are scouts who say Mobley can play the 3. Just saying.

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast