Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The world moved on from Nassib being gay to John McAfee being Q

Not sure how to incorporate this into Raider chat

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    I think it would be fair to say that some of these things have been going on for a long time. Not sure how old you are but I probably have a few years on you. I remember a time when the game was front and center, when I didn't have to wade through a bunch of social or racial issues. I was watching some of my dvds over the weekend of the "Glory Days" of the Raiders, it's kind of the way that I get ready for the season. I just had a stark come to Jesus moment when I looked at the whole of the situation and I realized things will probably never be the same for me again. I'm not going to lay any blame on anyone or anything but things are surely different and not in a way that I want to deal with any longer.

It's an issue of eras for me, it's one of the disadvantages if you will about having experienced things in a different time. Sure there were personal problems with the players, but there wasn't a readily available media to broadcast it incessantly. The Raiders were fortunate to have Al Davis to look past those things within the walls of his organization and make those things a nonissue, at least as far as the Raiders were concerned and allow the game to be the focal point. I miss that and if that makes me an insensitive evil person to want to continue those times then so be it.

I think that if your fandom starts in the late nineties or the change of the millennium, then I expect that you probably wouldn't see things the same as I do. That's not a good or bad thing, it's just the perspective that one has based on what your personal experience is.

I have for the most part enjoyed the interactions with my fellow fans on this forum, on some level I will miss that, but the time has come for me to take a little self imposed sabbatical from football and reevaluate just where it is that I fit in all of this. Ladies and gentlemen, I bid you a farewell....
    Just do what Stork and I do. We take some breaks from the forum, quit letting the small things such as NFL or the Raiders woes bother you to the point of messing with your mind and just enjoy what you can. The Raiders will always be there, you will always be there. Sometimes its good, sometimes it stinks. I quit allowing myself to become so emotionally invested that a bad Raider day meant a bad Wolfe Week. No more. Still love my team. I like my adjustment.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    I used to evaluate Stats every summer , when I was in college(for my Psych major, it sucked!!!). Suicide stats were a yearly routine. And what I remember most is , defining causality was next to impossible, not just for the gay population, but for almost all sub class populations. That is why I was asking for the links. I don't see anything new there.

Please read my posts closely, I was not trying to be callous , or say there are not issues here.

But, I do think it is emotionally easier to digest if we just blame society, for those deaths.

How many gay people in those studies were "in the closet". --- 0 . If those people are not included in the study, the study is inconclusive. That is how research works.

I don't think gay people are quite as vulnerable to bullying as the research suggests. Based on my experience , I find gay people to be strong and dynamic(That is just me).

Mental Health ultimately is what truly needs to be addressed in this world. That is really hard to do, because there is always somebody turning this into a Political conversation. Pretty lame huh?

Mean while, nothing gets done.
    So very well said Ruby. I agree 100%.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    I used to evaluate Stats every summer , when I was in college(for my Psych major, it sucked!!!). Suicide stats were a yearly routine. And what I remember most is , defining causality was next to impossible, not just for the gay population, but for almost all sub class populations. That is why I was asking for the links. I don't see anything new there.

Please read my posts closely, I was not trying to be callous , or say there are not issues here.

But, I do think it is emotionally easier to digest if we just blame society, for those deaths.

How many gay people in those studies were "in the closet". --- 0 . If those people are not included in the study, the study is inconclusive. That is how research works.

I don't think gay people are quite as vulnerable to bullying as the research suggests. Based on my experience , I find gay people to be strong and dynamic(That is just me).

Mental Health ultimately is what truly needs to be addressed in this world. That is really hard to do, because there is always somebody turning this into a Political conversation. Pretty lame huh?

Mean while, nothing gets done.
    Nothing gets done? Carlís statements helps with anyone who is feeling alone in their situation deal with what theyíre going thru. Carl donated money to an organization that Iím assuming tries to help as well. And I think the nba matched his donation. So this whole thing was about getting something done. Even if it helps just a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Nothing gets done? Carlís statements helps with anyone who is feeling alone in their situation deal with what theyíre going thru. Carl donated money to an organization that Iím assuming tries to help as well. And I think the nba matched his donation. So this whole thing was about getting something done. Even if it helps just a few people.
    Thatís my perspective. I donít really care and my whole judgement of him will be on his play on the football field but if him being gay publicly helps save just one life, itís worth it. Life is precious, irregardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Thatís my perspective. I donít really care and my whole judgement of him will be on his play on the football field but if him being gay publicly helps save just one life, itís worth it. Life is precious, irregardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, etc.

If anything, it called attention to the charity that helps those in need. I'll bet they have more activity.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    If anything, it called attention to the charity that helps those in need. I'll bet they have more activity.
    Thatís a good point. I didnít even think about the charity.

Thatís a good point. I didnít even think about the charity.

There's a lot of good out there, sometimes you have to let people know. Kudos to Nassib. I wish the gov't appropriated money for this instead of giving it to other countries.

I think youíre first statement is more powerful than Carlís. And the similar reaction amongst his peers is more important. Sometimes people care about how others see them more and are tougher on themselves than they should be. Thatís why public reactions by influential people is important here.

Just like in this forum. If anyone is concerned with being judged, just know I am not going to judge. No one is better than anyone else. Based on any factor- even your stance on carr, lol. And I think most of us share that viewpoint too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    First ACTIVE player. Sam came out while in college and never played a snap in a regular season game. Remember? Remember?
    Btw your opinion of active player and my opinion may differ.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Btw your opinion of active player and my opinion may differ.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    The definition of active player is a fact not opinion so it doesnít matter.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456