Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Raidersí DE Carl Nassib is the top-selling NFL jersey across the @Fanaticsí network both yesterday and today.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    They re worked his contract this offseason. If they cut him, itís be like 15 million in dead money. I donít think heís worried about getting cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís actually 9.25 in dead money this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Ed Wang;33991796]It was announced because itís a big deal. It obviously makes a lot of people uncomfortable, but thatís too bad, if you have a problem with him or with him announcing it then donít worry, he probably wonít be a Raider for very long. You can then go back to cheering on terrible, underperforming and losing teams that have an all-straight roster.[/QUOTE]

Well, Ed, this is an entirely piss poor answer to a logical question.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Seems to me like he really didnít have to announce anything for most fans. He announced for others who might have feelings of being alone in what theyíre going thru.

Most of us donít care what he is. We care about football. And we donít judge o here personal lifestyle such as we donít want to be judged ourselves. Itís none of anyoneís business what we do in the bedroom (or how often, lol).

I think the bigger benefit isnít really the announcement, but the reaction to the announcement. Once people see that there is a positive reaction to coming out, then things will be better for them. And maybe, there eventually will be an understanding that whatever makes us different, is ok.

[QUOTE=Flash47;33991786]I don't care what your sexual orientation is, why does it have to be officially announced?[/QUOTE

I think it is announced like this because it is a big thing in that community, kind of like the glass ceiling for women in the corporate world in some ways. That's all I got, personally I just want good football players, he or she or it or they can be a purple 5 legged one eyed hairy amoeba from the planet Nibiru and I wouldn't care as long as we got quality football! Everyone gets treated the same until they cross the line. Then I give ya the cold shoulder and side eye. Maybe even the raspberry .

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that Nassib is using "the gay card" in an attempt to keep his job?

Let's think that through for a minute. If he doesn't come out as gay, he has a better chance of making another roster, even if the Raiders release him. But coming out as gay all but assures that teams wishing to avoid any controversy will pass on him. And to be clear, 99% of the teams around the league hate controversy.

Nassib stands to lose everything now that he's come out. Being gay in the NFL is not a protected class or a privileged status of any kind. Quite the opposite.
    Wrong and WRONG!
    Yes, he did play the "gay card" otherwise why wait til now?
    Secondly, It is considered harassment to make a decision based on several things including race, religion, gender and SEXUAL ORIENTATION. So yes, he is somewhat of a protected class. If he gets cut now, it will be allegedly based off of his sexual preference which is illegal. Not to mention the outrage from all the liberals out there. This was well played by someone that knew he was most likely out of a job.Sad that is come to this.
    Last edited by cykoraider; 06-22-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Ok guys lets take it down a notch.

Thanks

Gay or straight... Carl needs to get better, because I was not impressed with him last year... and there a no way he will be ever be cut .

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Gay or straight... Carl needs to get better, because I was not impressed with him last year... and there a no way he will be ever be cut .
    I agree. This year is put up or shut up time. We can get out of his contract fairly easy after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Wrong and WRONG!
    Secondly, It is considered harassment to make a decision based on several things including race, religion, gender and SEXUAL ORIENTATION. So yes, he is somewhat of a protected class. If he gets cut now, it will be allegedly based off of his sexual preference which is illegal. Not to mention the outrage from all the liberals out there. This was well played by someone that knew he was most likely out of a job.Sad that is come to this.
    Guys get cut all of the time. He'd have to prove discrimination. Not that I'm saying he will get cut. Not sure of his objective. Frankly I don't care. If I were a player, it wouldn't bother me. It's not like he's staking out the bathrooms, waiting for someone. Today, it's a fact of life, but if he's using this as an angle, then good luck.
    Last edited by dbacknick; 06-22-2021 at 07:14 PM.

I think we shouldnít try and assume we know why he waited until now. I mean, he could have waited until now because heís played enough to be financially set. So any concerns of being cut for this donít matter anymore. Thereís always more than perspective, and more than one right answer. Letís not rush to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Wrong and WRONG!
    Please stop. Just stop. It's an embarrassingly dangerous assumption. The "gay card" is not a thing. Raiders won't cut him because he's gay. Raiders won't keep him because he's gay.

True, you cannot discriminate in the league -- or anywhere in the USA, if the laws are being applied properly -- but there is no rule that mandates a hiring quorum of persons based on race, religion, cultural background, or sexual preference in the NFL. Teams cut players all of the time when they're not performing up to acceptable standards. Hell, teams let players go just because the owner, GM or coach woke up one day, scratched his *** and decided he wanted to change things up. No real reasons given, you're cut, your contract ignored, adios.

So no, I'm not buying that there are any devious motives and machinations at play here on Nassib's part. June is Pride month, after all. If Nassib decides to come out now as the first step in becoming more active in his community, so be it. Roll with it and let him be.

As for the Raiders, they've got bigger problems than a player telling the world who he is.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 06-22-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Michael Sam came out before he was drafted, and never made it onto an active roster.
    Didnít he make it as a ram and got released mid season?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that Nassib is using "the gay card" in an attempt to keep his job?

Let's think that through for a minute. If he doesn't come out as gay, he has a better chance of making another roster, even if the Raiders release him. But coming out as gay all but assures that teams wishing to avoid any controversy will pass on him. And to be clear, 99% of the teams around the league hate controversy.

Nassib stands to lose everything now that he's come out. Being gay in the NFL is not a protected class or a privileged status of any kind. Quite the opposite.
    Just starting a discussion. How many 5th or 6th des In The nfl are getting 3.5+ mil a season?

How bad would it look if we release him right after he announces he was gay??

Sorry, correction. He has a 4.9 mil cap hit this year. The starters are ingaque and Crosby. Cle and Koonce will be getting a lot of reps. And Thomas will get some. He is realistically getting paid 4.9 mil to be our 5th option at de. Maybe 6th. He is on the bubble on this team due to his contract.
    Last edited by Megatron; 06-22-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Didnít he make it as a ram and got released mid season?
    He was cut in preseason. Made it to the final cut and the Rams went with a guy who was just as good, but one who played multiple positions. Dallas later signed him, but only to the practice squad.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast