Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 168 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    "My body, my choice."
    No one is denying that, theyíre saying itís a dumb choice.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No one is denying that, theyíre saying itís a dumb choice.
    Maybe.. But I think a dumber one would be getting a vaccine for a disease that has a 99% chance of survival for myself.

Maybe.. But I think a dumber one would be getting a vaccine for a disease that has a 99% chance of survival for myself.
    Using the word think loosely I see

Using the word think loosely I see
    Oh come on bud, you know I'm right.

I agree that there is also a large subset of Liberals who are anti-vaxxers.
    And this is a tremedous shame. We need to get everyone on board to get this completely behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And this is a tremedous shame. We need to get everyone on board to get this completely behind us.
    You can start with Nessythegreat

If I can influence those on this board that are holding out to take the vaccine, I will do so.
    What would it take for you to take the vaccine @nessythegreat and @ciaban2.0?

If I can influence those on this board that are holding out to take the vaccine, I will do so.
    What would it take for you to take the vaccine @nessythegreat and @ciaban2.0?
    Sure, I'll post it again

1.) I don't trust it and I don't need it being a healthy 31 year old
    2.) Years of side effect studies and if Covid became much, much deadlier.
    3.) Nothing. If you want it, take it. If not, that's cool too. I'd treat it the same as the flu shot.
    Those are my answers to Sitewolfs 3 questions in the OP.

Thank you for the honest answer.
    By the way, do you take flu shots?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    But it helps people feel smug, which makes up for whatever deficiency in their personality or insecurity requires them to feel smug.
    Do you have any idea where the vaccine/reproduction fear comes from?

sure 99% survival rate but, out of those 99% how many of them are having long term effects or even permanent effects because of the virus?

And here is my thing about taking/not taking the vaccine, sure its your choice don't do it. if you get it you probably have a good chance of surviving but, what about the people that you are going to unintentionally expose to it? thats the issue with this virus is it is spreading so easily. do you know how you stop the spread? you take the thing that protects you from it.

There used to be huge epidemics of measles, do you know why there aren't anymore? because they created a vaccine to protect us from it. Do you know how many cases of measles there were last year? 13 and there were only 1282 cases in 2019.

Polio was a hugggeee problem for years but, they created a vaccine that stopped it and do you know how many cases of polio there have been in the US? this is pulled from the CDC website

Since 1979, no cases of polio have originated in the U.S.
    However, the virus has been brought into the country by travelers with polio. The last time this happened was in 1993.
    they created these vaccines and people actually took them without much protest and they worked and we do not have issues with the diseases anymore. can you imagine what would have happened with polio, the measles, or any of the other diseases that vaccines wiped out if there was such a big political fight over vaccines back then as there is today?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Do you have any idea where the vaccine/reproduction fear comes from?
    this was pulled from john hopkins website

Confusion around this issue arose when a false report surfaced on social media, saying that the spike protein on this coronavirus was the same as another spike protein called syncitin-1 that is involved in the growth and attachment of the placenta during pregnancy.
    and I also read that there was a German epidemiologist that was talking about it early on

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...u-need-to-know

Thank you for the honest answer.
    By the way, do you take flu shots?
    Ya you bet
    No I do not

Sure, I'll post it again

1.) I don't trust it and I don't need it being a healthy 31 year old
    2.) Years of side effect studies and if Covid became much, much deadlier.
    3.) Nothing. If you want it, take it. If not, that's cool too. I'd treat it the same as the flu shot.
    Those are my answers to Sitewolfs 3 questions in the OP.
    You are treating infection with COVID as a binary outcome: die or live.

But thatís not at all how it works. People get it and suffer varying ongoing symptoms aka pre-existing conditions. People in their 30ís are getting it and suffering breathing problems that will never improve. They will suffer them until they die.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    sure 99% survival rate but, out of those 99% how many of them are having long term effects or even permanent effects because of the virus?

And here is my thing about taking/not taking the vaccine, sure its your choice don't do it. if you get it you probably have a good chance of surviving but, what about the people that you are going to unintentionally expose to it? thats the issue with this virus is it is spreading so easily. do you know how you stop the spread? you take the thing that protects you from it.

There used to be huge epidemics of measles, do you know why there aren't anymore? because they created a vaccine to protect us from it. Do you know how many cases of measles there were last year? 13 and there were only 1282 cases in 2019.

Polio was a hugggeee problem for years but, they created a vaccine that stopped it and do you know how many cases of polio there have been in the US? this is pulled from the CDC website

they created these vaccines and people actually took them without much protest and they worked and we do not have issues with the diseases anymore. can you imagine what would have happened with polio, the measles, or any of the other diseases that vaccines wiped out if there was such a big political fight over vaccines back then as there is today?
    The thing is I can turn this around and say what about the long term effects of the vaccine? They could be devastating for all we know. It's just not a risk I'm willing to take when I've already had this thing and as I said before, "99% survival".
    Look I'm not an antivaxxer but I just don't believe the vaccine is for me. But I'm not gonna tell people not to get it either. It should be your own personal choice. That's it.

Page 5 of 168 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast