Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 2507
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,198
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Society: Show me your papers

    Peon: voter registration card, State ID, Federal ID, or vaccination card? I am so confused
    Lol

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,198
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I'm not vaccinated.
    I because I don't want to take a selfie while getting a shot.
    What does this mean?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So we're this far down the trail with vaccinations- those who wanted to get vaxed have all had ample opportunity to and those who haven't have their reasons.

    Serious questions, since I may actually be going to work actively approaching people about this

    1) If you're not vaccinated, are you willing to share your reason not to get it?
    2) What would it take to convince you to get it?
    3) If you were in charge, what ideas would you have to help get more people vaccinated?


    This country was doing great as states moved through the different phases, but now that it's available to everyone, vaccinations have flattened out a ton. In my state, we were one of the first to get to 30%, now we're middle of the pack at 44% fully vaxed.

    Nearly the entire top 10 states in percentage vaxed are all in the NE. So for those of you that live there, what do you think is happening there that isn't happening elsewhere? What things could correlate to other states?

    Not everyone that isn't vaxed has necessarily taken the stance of 'I don't need it, I don't want it.' Some simply haven't been educated enough about it- language barriers, lack of information, etc. How do we combat that?

    I'm not looking to find ways to bash the unvaxed. I simply, legitimately would like to understand the reluctance or flat refusal.
    1.) I don't trust it and I don't need it being a healthy 31 year old
    2.) Years of side effect studies and if Covid became much, much deadlier.
    3.) Nothing. If you want it, take it. If not, that's cool too. I'd treat it the same as the flu shot.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,723
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    1.) I don't trust it and I don't need it being a healthy 31 year old
    2.) Years of side effect studies and if Covid became much, much deadlier.
    3.) Nothing. If you want it, take it. If not, that's cool too. I'd treat it the same as the flu shot.
    How much deadlier than the deadliest disease or cause of death exactly does COVID need to be?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    How much deadlier than the deadliest disease or cause of death exactly does COVID need to be?
    Much worse than a 99% chance of survival from a person like myself.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,723
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Much worse than a 99% chance of survival from a person like myself.
    I see. So we need to invest more money in the schools. Itís our only chance to get ahead of this for the next generation.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I see. So we need to invest more money in the schools. Itís our only chance to get ahead of this for the next generation.
    ?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,055
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Very simple: most people are stupid.
    That's not an explanation of where it comes from. And calling most people stupid doesn't help anybody do or learn anything.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,055
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    How much deadlier than the deadliest disease or cause of death exactly does COVID need to be?
    Just curious ... on what basis is Covid the "deadliest" disease? Pretty sure the 1918 flu killed a LOT LOT LOT more people.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,055
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I see. So we need to invest more money in the schools. Itís our only chance to get ahead of this for the next generation.
    There is no hope, most people are stupid.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Much worse than a 99% chance of survival from a person like myself.
    And the people in your life that are much more susceptible? **** them?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,590
    Again, I didn't start this thread as a way to bait the unvaxed into being harassed in here for not taking it.
    And you canNOT require vaccinations...let alone to 're-enter society' smh

    Examples: I have a friend who is extremely immuno-compromised but has also been through more medical procedures than any one person should ever have to. She's beaten cancer, she's had parts removed, etc. She's ultra-sensitive to things in her body- a little gluten and she's incapacitated for 2 days or more. She's finally considering the vaccine, but IF she got it, would almost check into the hospital to get it.

    I have a cousin who spent most of her career as a nurse, so she knows what she's looking at in opting to not get vaccinated. But, her reason is- her entire life she's been sensitive to medicines, even supplements, to the point of getting sick if she takes any. When her employer required the annual flu shot she was sick for a week. She's now retired, largely quarantined just as part of normal life, and sees no value in chancing she'd get sick from a vaccine while knowing she's chancing getting Covid.

    In other words, it is completely illogical and unfair to categorically call someone stupid for not wanting to get vaccinated- and those were just 2 quick examples.

    Again, personal choice, but the ones I have a harder time with are those who think they're too young to be worried about getting it or think they need 10 years to develop a vaccine or are simply too Trumpish/stubborn.

    You don't get vaccinated only for your own benefit, but to be part of the solution in eradicating a virus.
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 06-21-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    And the people in your life that are much more susceptible? **** them?
    Not remotely. If they want to get the shot that's their choice, just like it's mine to not get one.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Again, I didn't start this thread as a way to bait the unvaxed into being harassed in here for not taking it.
    And you canNOT require vaccinations...let alone to 're-enter society' smh

    Examples: I have a friend who is extremely immuno-compromised but has also been through more medical procedures than any one person should ever have to. She's beaten cancer, she's had parts removed, etc. She's ultra-sensitive to things in her body- a little gluten and she's incapacitated for 2 days or more. She's finally considering the vaccine, but IF she got it, would almost check into the hospital to get it.

    I have a cousin who spent most of her career as a nurse, so she knows what she's looking at in opting to not get vaccinated. But, her reason is- her entire life she's been sensitive to medicines, even supplements, to the point of getting sick if she takes any. When her employer required the annual flu shot she was sick for a week. She's now retired, largely quarantined just as part of normal life, and sees no value in chancing she'd get sick from a vaccine while knowing she's chancing getting Covid.

    In other words, it is completely illogical and unfair to categorically call someone stupid for not wanting to get vaccinated- and those were just 2 quick examples.

    Again, personal choice, but the ones I have a harder time with are those who think they're too young to be worried about getting it or think they need 10 years to develop a vaccine or are simply too Trumpish/stubborn.
    Interesting phrasing.. Not trying to be argumentative at all but these are "Trumps" vaccines and he certainly pushes for people to get the shot, yet conservatives are far less likely to get them.. It's curious.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,590
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Interesting phrasing.. Not trying to be argumentative at all but these are "Trumps" vaccines and he certainly pushes for people to get the shot, yet conservatives are far less likely to get them.. It's curious.
    These aren't Trump's vaccines nor did he really push people to get it.
    But you're right, conservatives are less likely to get it....and, unfortunately, we can thank Trump for some of that. BEING a conservative myself, that's more than a little annoying.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •