Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 82 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2507
  1. #1216
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,809
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    you did not quote him directly. A direct quote would be a word for word repeating, you used a completely different word and phrase. That is not quoting someone directly.

    I donít have a lot to learn about facts, you need to learn what one is. What you did is at best paraphrasing. To use legal terms, what you said was false.

    If I must revise myself from all things Trump you must recuse yourself from all things Biden because itís evident you hate him more than I do Trump. You hate him so much you are willing to disregard facts to do so.
    I will make one more comment on this topic and leave it.
    How in the world can I be paraphrasing Biden when the quote I posted here was directly from his "Townhall" meeting with CNN on Wednesday?
    "Couonsellor", you seem to be completely unable to remove your biases from any discussion. This is not something that serves a person well in a debate (not that this is a debate forum). If someone disagrees with you, the "you don't know what you are talking about" and "you are a denier" phrase come out immediately.
    As I said, you are not interested in a discussion, you simply want affirmation. In this case, no affirmation of Biden being anything but incompetent will come.
    Here, for your edification, is the story I quoted, in its entirety for you to read:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...cy_146132.html
    Please refrain from your insistence that you are the most knowledgeable poster here. You clearly are not.

  2. #1217
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,666

    How to increase our vaccination percentages

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I will make one more comment on this topic and leave it.
    How in the world can I be paraphrasing Biden when the quote I posted here was directly from his "Townhall" meeting with CNN on Wednesday?
    "Couonsellor", you seem to be completely unable to remove your biases from any discussion. This is not something that serves a person well in a debate (not that this is a debate forum). If someone disagrees with you, the "you don't know what you are talking about" and "you are a denier" phrase come out immediately.
    As I said, you are not interested in a discussion, you simply want affirmation. In this case, no affirmation of Biden being anything but incompetent will come.
    Here, for your edification, is the story I quoted, in its entirety for you to read:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...cy_146132.html
    Please refrain from your insistence that you are the most knowledgeable poster here. You clearly are not.
    You show the quote then lie about what the quote actually says. Thereís not even a reason to do it as most said itís bad anyways. Why canít you just admit it, itís more of a semantics point anyways.

    ďNurseĒ you seem to be completely unable to remove your own bias on this topic, the lying and partisan games repeatedly to avoid reality/facts are clear to everyone. If anyone here has been looking for affirmation and avoiding answering questions that counter whatís been shown itís clearly you. You make unequal comparisons then can only back them up by lying or avoiding. You often use straw man arguments or just run when you canít respond to people noting issues with your takes.

    Can you even quote where he said that or are you making it up to troll/bait him?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-24-2021 at 01:10 PM.

  3. #1218
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Biden specifically said, on Wednesday night, that vaccinated people cannot get Covid.
    How is this a coherent message?
    His gaffes are causing people to stop listening to the governmental agencies about the vaccines.
    Everyone needs to listen to the CDC and their local and state departments of health and shut these bozos out.
    Now comes the "you don't know what you are talking about" mantra and the "you're a denier" nonsense. Save it. You are just like Biden. Speaking about things you don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I will make one more comment on this topic and leave it.
    How in the world can I be paraphrasing Biden when the quote I posted here was directly from his "Townhall" meeting with CNN on Wednesday?
    "Couonsellor", you seem to be completely unable to remove your biases from any discussion. This is not something that serves a person well in a debate (not that this is a debate forum). If someone disagrees with you, the "you don't know what you are talking about" and "you are a denier" phrase come out immediately.
    As I said, you are not interested in a discussion, you simply want affirmation. In this case, no affirmation of Biden being anything but incompetent will come.
    Here, for your edification, is the story I quoted, in its entirety for you to read:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...cy_146132.html
    Please refrain from your insistence that you are the most knowledgeable poster here. You clearly are not.
    Because you didnít quote directly from his townhall until I called you out twice for not quoting him directly. Above is your first comment. that is not what Biden said.

    You can try to insult me all you want, everyone can see what a joke your posts are, you donít even use facts and constantly walk back and contradict yourself. Counselor is a word youíll never be called, no one would let you be a lawyer, you donít have what it takes.

    And I certainly donít think Iím the most knowledgeable poster here, just far more knowledgeable than you on this subject. I mean, you said Biden should let Fauci do all the talking so people will listen.

    How utterly ignorant do you have to be about this subject to think anti-Covid vaxxers will listen to Fauci?

    Of course no affirmation of Biden will come, you hate him. You hate him worse than anyone hates Trump. Gun to your head youíd rather die than admit Biden has done anything good. Youíve been programmed well.

  4. #1219
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,201
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They liked her because she said a lot of things contradictory to the other experts. But as soon as she started saying things Trump didnít like Trump criticized her too:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp

    Also, Biden didnít fire her, she retired:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...a-55419954.amp
    Well, that was rather clearly one of those "re-fire-ments" where the person is allowed to retire rather than be let go.

  5. #1220
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,201
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Ok, well now theyíre the ones taking it so whatís your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Again the best you can do is saying Democrats weíre wrong in March of 2020? Itís a year and a half later and thatís the best you have? Seems like theyíve done a lot right if you have to go that far back to find a time when they were wrongÖ
    The point is I'm disagreeing with statements that are false. Especially when I'm being told that I live in a fantasy world for suggesting that people did things they ABSOLUTELY did.

    Me providing evidence of being right shouldn't be a problem.

  6. #1221
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,539
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Here is an article of DeBlasio encouraging people to go to China town celebrations.
    https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...kers-visit/#/0
    In mid-February. We didn't even have a known COVID death until almost two weeks later. What a bizarre thing to highlight.

    Here's Vox stating emphatically that TRAVEL BANS DON'T WORK!
    https://www.vox.com/2020/1/23/210783...rus-travel-ban
    Here's you ignoring all of their reasoning, which was sound at the time, to again apply handsight. Of course, we've also led the world in COVID deaths, so one can question just how much the travel ban helped. Not you, of course, but other people.

    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...373-1/fulltext
    Here is the Lancet which is one of the biggest and most important peer reviewed medical journals saying he's not just wrong but he's breaking international law.
    And again just ignoring whether or not what they're saying is true.


    Here is Biden calling Trump's travel ban xenophobic.
    https://www.statesman.com/news/20200...l-restrictions
    This is what happens when you read the headline but not the article.

    From your own article here: "Trumpís statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False."


    Now Biden did eventually walk those claims back and even said a few months later that he agree's with his travel ban.
    But dude are you really so high on DNC farts you can't fathom a situation where dem's could ever be wrong about anything?
    I'd love to hear where Biden said Trump wasn't xenophobic.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemicĒ" - @LOLGOP

  7. #1222
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,770
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They liked her because she said a lot of things contradictory to the other experts. But as soon as she started saying things Trump didnít like Trump criticized her too:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp

    Also, Biden didnít fire her, she retired:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...a-55419954.amp
    I would hope Biden would have fired her given the opportunity. She was an incredibly subservient hack. She was afraid to contradict Trump and call out dangerous ďadviceĒ.

  8. #1223
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,809
    Just for the record, I do not hate Biden. I feel that he was the most qualified person in the Democratic Party from about 1998-2016 to be president. He was at one time a very competent politician. He is no longer the best candidate the Democrats have, however. He was a "safe" candidate and was a shoo-in to beat Trump in the last election.
    This said, he needs to bring a coherent, competent message to the American public and let experts tell them what is what. His speech pattern does not fill anyone with a great deal of confidence.
    Valade, I never wanted to be a lawyer, although I have taken 9 hours of law classes and passed them with As. I would never operate on a patient, either, as I am not a trained surgeon. I know where the organs are and how to open the body to expose them. I do not wish to do so, however.
    Now, Valade, hear this -- I do not hate Biden. I never have. I simply don't think he will be mentally competent enough to finish his term and we will be stuck with Harris to finish it out. I hope I am wrong however.
    You, on the other hand........

  9. #1224
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Just for the record, I do not hate Biden. I feel that he was the most qualified person in the Democratic Party from about 1998-2016 to be president. He was at one time a very competent politician. He is no longer the best candidate the Democrats have, however. He was a "safe" candidate and was a shoo-in to beat Trump in the last election.
    This said, he needs to bring a coherent, competent message to the American public and let experts tell them what is what. His speech pattern does not fill anyone with a great deal of confidence.
    Valade, I never wanted to be a lawyer, although I have taken 9 hours of law classes and passed them with As. I would never operate on a patient, either, as I am not a trained surgeon. I know where the organs are and how to open the body to expose them. I do not wish to do so, however.
    Now, Valade, hear this -- I do not hate Biden. I never have. I simply don't think he will be mentally competent enough to finish his term and we will be stuck with Harris to finish it out. I hope I am wrong however.
    You, on the other hand........
    I donít hate Biden, I just think heís so mentally incompetent he wonít be able to finish his term

  10. #1225
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,770
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Just for the record, I do not hate Biden. I feel that he was the most qualified person in the Democratic Party from about 1998-2016 to be president. He was at one time a very competent politician. He is no longer the best candidate the Democrats have, however. He was a "safe" candidate and was a shoo-in to beat Trump in the last election.
    This said, he needs to bring a coherent, competent message to the American public and let experts tell them what is what. His speech pattern does not fill anyone with a great deal of confidence.
    Valade, I never wanted to be a lawyer, although I have taken 9 hours of law classes and passed them with As. I would never operate on a patient, either, as I am not a trained surgeon. I know where the organs are and how to open the body to expose them. I do not wish to do so, however.
    Now, Valade, hear this -- I do not hate Biden. I never have. I simply don't think he will be mentally competent enough to finish his term and we will be stuck with Harris to finish it out. I hope I am wrong however.
    You, on the other hand........
    Person, women, man, camera, TV...
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #1226
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,770
    We should have all these people do a PSA about how they were greedy bastards just looking to profit off people's fears in convincing them to not get the vaccine but now they realize they were wrong and that everyone should get the vaccine unless their DOCTOR says there is a reason not to. Not because the 10,005th page of Google had a blog from some jack*** who said the vaccine was a tracking chip for the Chinese government or some ****.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  12. #1227
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,375
    Just tell the cult members is a MAGA injection and is needed to bring Trump back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #1228
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,809
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You show the quote then lie about what the quote actually says. Thereís not even a reason to do it as most said itís bad anyways. Why canít you just admit it, itís more of a semantics point anyways.

    ďNurseĒ you seem to be completely unable to remove your own bias on this topic, the lying and partisan games repeatedly to avoid reality/facts are clear to everyone. If anyone here has been looking for affirmation and avoiding answering questions that counter whatís been shown itís clearly you. You make unequal comparisons then can only back them up by lying or avoiding. You often use straw man arguments or just run when you canít respond to people noting issues with your takes.

    Can you even quote where he said that or are you making it up to troll/bait him?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How did I lie about what Biden said? He said, and I quote "you're not going to get Covid if you get these vaccines." I may have paraphrased, by saying that he told people that they would not get Covid if they were vaccinated, but you appear to be making entirely too much out of something. As the Bard said "Much ado about nothing".
    Stop looking at the minutia and look at the big picture. We have a problem that Biden promised to solve. He has not done so. Why? Because his message is entirely to convoluted to appeal to those who have chosen to not take the vaccines, for whatever reason. I feel they are making a mistake, but they cannot be forced to do so at this time. Once the vaccines are fully approved by the FDA, mandates will be much easier to enforce.
    As far as my "biases", I just want to get rid of this virus once and for all. I have a hunch that annual boosters may be required, similar to the annual flu shots (note -- I am not saying Covid is the flu, just so people don't attempt to say that I am). I keep up on the most recent journals and see a bit of light at the end of tunnel, but it will take a concerted effort on everyone's part to win this fight. Partisan bickering will not solve the problem.
    Last edited by catman; 07-25-2021 at 01:49 PM.

  14. #1229
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,809
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I donít hate Biden, I just think heís so mentally incompetent he wonít be able to finish his term
    You are stuck on a throwaway line, but that is not a shock. You read into something what you want it to say.
    Last edited by catman; 07-25-2021 at 01:46 PM.

  15. #1230
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    You are stuck on a throwaway line, but that is not a shock. You read into something what you want it to say.
    That you think these things youíre saying are throwaway lines is telling. Iím reading into the implications of what youíre saying because clearly you havenít.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •