Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 81 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2507
  1. #1201
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Yes. Biden has opened his mouth and made statements that are not only incorrect (vaccinated people cannot get the virus) but incoherent. He mumbles his way through answers and leaves viewers and listeners confused as to what precisely he said.
    You seem a bit obsessed with Biden's incompetence and attempt to compare his level of incompetence to Trump's. Like I said, it is like having your appendix removed by a plumber or an auto mechanic. Both are skilled in their professions, but neither should be performing surgery on a human. Leave medical stuff to medical experts.
    First, no he didn’t say you cannot get Covid if you get the vaccine. This is the second time I’ve had to correct you on that. He said you won’t get it, that is different. If you are afraid of going to a hospital because you will get MRSA and I tell you you won’t get it if you go to the hospital that is different than saying you cannot get it if you go to the hospital. Again, a medical professional should know the difference. The fact you again used the incorrect quote of his comment suggests you don’t care about the truth and ironically are doing the very thing you’re criticizing Biden for doing with his statement.

    Second, do you think that is as bad as saying Covid will just disappear? Is it as bad as saying you shouldn’t listen to Fauci?

    Third, I’m not obsessed with comparing Biden to Trump: you are the one who made the comparison. The difference is, in your analogy Biden the auto mechanic would try to remove your appendix while Trump the plumber would be lighting you on fire and telling you he’s removing your appendix. One is definitely preferable to the other, even if a medical professional would be most preferable.

    Fourth, You say we should just leave the messaging to the medical experts. Well Trump said not to listen to them. Biden has said you should. Yet somehow you think those are equally as bad.
    Last edited by valade16; 07-24-2021 at 01:42 AM.

  2. #1202
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Yes? I have no idea why you think this is some kind of gotcha question. He's a galaxy level narcissist, he's going to take credit for anything and everything he can, but people are ****ing dying. Still. Almost a year and a half into this, and we're heading right into another ****ing wave. I cannot, in the slightest, be bothered to care about him trying to take credit when people are still dying of a thing we know how to prevent. It's the stupid ****ing things I've ever heard.
    Exactly

    Of course we’d be OK with Trump telling people to take his vaccine.

  3. #1203
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,807
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First, no he didn’t say you cannot get Covid if you get the vaccine. This is the second time I’ve had to correct you on that. He said you won’t get it, that is different. If you are afraid of going to a hospital because you will get MRSA and I tell you you won’t get it if you go to the hospital that is different than saying you cannot get it if you go to the hospital. Again, a medical professional should know the difference. The fact you again used the incorrect quote of his comment suggests you don’t care about the truth and ironically are doing the very thing you’re criticizing Biden for doing with his statement.

    Second, do you think that is as bad as saying Covid will just disappear? Is it as bad as saying you shouldn’t listen to Fauci?

    Third, I’m not obsessed with comparing Biden to Trump: you are the one who made the comparison. The difference is, in your analogy Biden the auto mechanic would try to remove your appendix while Trump the plumber would be lighting you on fire and telling you he’s removing your appendix. One is definitely preferable to the other, even if a medical professional would be most preferable. (?)

    Fourth, You say we should just leave the messaging to the medical experts. Well Trump said not to listen to them. Biden has said you should. Yet somehow you think those are equally as bad.
    And this is the 2nd time your statement has been refuted by the facts.

    Biden Gaffe Renews Questions About COVID Transparency
    .By Philip Wegmann - RCP StaffJuly 23, 2021
    Biden Gaffe Renews Questions About COVID Transparency(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
    President Biden so desperately wants the vaccine-hesitant part of the country to get their shots that he may have spread a little misinformation. “You are not going to get COVID,” he promised during a CNN town-event Wednesday night, “if you have these vaccines.”

    In the minds of the public, saying you're not going to get Covid is the same as you cannot get Covid. Remember, I work in healthcare and we are instructed in nursing school to not make statements of this sort, as they confuse our patients and give the incorrect information.
    Valade, you can continue to deny the facts all you want. Biden is just as incompetent as Trump was.
    He was likely the 4th best choice the Democrats had last year, but they chose him anyway. He is a placeholder, only waiting for the more competent candidates to get older and gain some experience. I hope for the sake of the Democratic Party that they do not simply nominate Harris for the presidency. It would be a disaster.
    I have already said that I think Trump was incompetent. You don't have to continue beating that dead horse.
    In your analogy, the patient would die in both cases, so it doesn't matter which is the more incompetent. They, like Biden and Trump, both are.
    Last edited by catman; 07-24-2021 at 02:03 AM.

  4. #1204
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And this is the 2nd time your statement has been refuted by the facts.

    Biden Gaffe Renews Questions About COVID Transparency
    .By Philip Wegmann - RCP StaffJuly 23, 2021
    Biden Gaffe Renews Questions About COVID Transparency(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
    President Biden so desperately wants the vaccine-hesitant part of the country to get their shots that he may have spread a little misinformation. “You are not going to get COVID,” he promised during a CNN town-event Wednesday night, “if you have these vaccines.”

    In the minds of the public, saying you're not going to get Covid is the same as you cannot get Covid. Remember, I work in healthcare and we are instructed in nursing school to not make statements of this sort, as they confuse our patients and give the incorrect information.
    Valade, you can continue to deny the facts all you want. Biden is just as incompetent as Trump was.
    He was likely the 4th best choice the Democrats had last year, but they chose him anyway. He is a placeholder, only waiting for the more competent candidates to get older and gain some experience. I hope for the sake of the Democratic Party that they do not simply nominate Harris for the presidency. It would be a disaster.
    I have already said that I think Trump was incompetent. You don't have to continue beating that dead horse.
    In your analogy, the patient would die in both cases, so it doesn't matter which is the more incompetent. They, like Biden and Trump, both are.
    So now you lying about what Biden actually said is OK because people will take it that way? No, the facts certainly didn’t refute me.

    But hey, keep saying what Biden said about vaccines and not getting Covid is as bad as saying Fauci is a disaster, we shouldn’t listen to experts, Covid will just go away, and not to worry about it.

    Honestly, I’d probably rather have a plumber or mechanic operate on me instead of you if you are anywhere near as bad a nurse as you are at judging Covid statements.

    I think there’s a reason you won’t answer my questions and it’s because you know what Trump said is worse. I think that’s pretty cowardly.

    Next time you tell people to listen to Fauci, remember Trump said not to. But hey, Biden is just as bad…

  5. #1205
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,536
    I mean.. even if you disagree with Biden's politics, the guy spent decades in the Senate and two terms as Vice President. He understands how the government works, which is not something you could claim of Donald Trump. The guy claimed he had "total authority," and that regarding COVID the governors "can't do anything without the approval of the President of the United States," which is, you know.. not true.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  6. #1206
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,807
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So now you lying about what Biden actually said is OK because people will take it that way? No, the facts certainly didn’t refute me.

    But hey, keep saying what Biden said about vaccines and not getting Covid is as bad as saying Fauci is a disaster, we shouldn’t listen to experts, Covid will just go away, and not to worry about it.

    Honestly, I’d probably rather have a plumber or mechanic operate on me instead of you if you are anywhere near as bad a nurse as you are at judging Covid statements.

    I think there’s a reason you won’t answer my questions and it’s because you know what Trump said is worse. I think that’s pretty cowardly.

    Next time you tell people to listen to Fauci, remember Trump said not to. But hey, Biden is just as bad…
    How am I lying about what Biden said when I quote him directly?
    "Counsellor", you have a lot to learn about facts, but that will serve you well as a lawyer. Lawyers are noted for their lying.
    "Counsellor", I have said, and will say again, that attempting to have a legitimate discussion about any subject with you is impossible, because anyone that disagrees with you is obviously wrong and knows nothing about the subject you are attempting to lecture them on.
    And by the way, to use legal terms, your questions are "argumentative and immaterial." I have answered your questions that are germaine and relevant. Your questions regarding Trump are neither.
    I have already said that Trump was incompetent. Biden is no better.
    Your hatred of Trump does not allow you to see facts or reason and would have you removed from a case involving him if you were a lawyer. Your biases are very obvious and do not lend themselves to a legitimate discussion. Perhaps you should recuse yourself from further discussions?
    Last edited by catman; 07-24-2021 at 09:40 AM.

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,807
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I mean.. even if you disagree with Biden's politics, the guy spent decades in the Senate and two terms as Vice President. He understands how the government works, which is not something you could claim of Donald Trump. The guy claimed he had "total authority," and that regarding COVID the governors "can't do anything without the approval of the President of the United States," which is, you know.. not true.
    Again, I will state for the record that I feel Trump was incompetent in regards to Covid.
    This ends my participation in this discussion. Have a good time bashing Trump while nothing of note happens because of Biden's incomptence.

  8. #1208
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    nvm.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-24-2021 at 09:45 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  9. #1209
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,201
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You keep dodging the questions. You made the comparison. Do you think what Biden has said is as bad as all those things Trump said?

    As for your recommendations. You recommended Fauci handle all the messaging without apparently realizing that Trump and his supporters have vilified Fauci for the past year. Trump literally criticized Fauci and called him a disaster:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...outputType=amp

    Has Biden ever openly criticized the experts and told people not to listen to them? Because Trump has. So how are they equal in your mind?
    He literally fired Dr. Brix who liberals vilified the moment he got into office.

    Dr. Brix is someone a lot of conservitives liked.

  10. #1210
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,201
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He was criticized for being obsessively focused on a vaccine because he was not doing anything else. They weren’t criticizing that he was focused on a vaccine, they were criticizing that was his only focus.

    I can count the number of times he’s told people to get the vaccine on one hand. For comparison he has tweeted the virus will go away more times than he has told people to get a vaccine.

    He’s been unconcerned and flippant the entire time.
    No, they were criticizing the idea of the vaccine, telling us there was no way we'd have it by the end of the year, and that it takes 10 years for a vaccine to go through all the processes to be approved.

  11. #1211
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,201
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    He doesn't even exist on the same timeline. Events are all jumbled up to fit a narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You live in a completely different reality from the rest of us.
    Here is an article of DeBlasio encouraging people to go to China town celebrations.
    https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...kers-visit/#/0

    Here's Vox stating emphatically that TRAVEL BANS DON'T WORK!
    https://www.vox.com/2020/1/23/210783...rus-travel-ban

    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...373-1/fulltext
    Here is the Lancet which is one of the biggest and most important peer reviewed medical journals saying he's not just wrong but he's breaking international law.


    Here is Biden calling Trump's travel ban xenophobic.
    https://www.statesman.com/news/20200...l-restrictions


    Does any of this mean Democrats and the media didn't reverse course, NO, it doesn't. But the idea that they were always perfect or they never criticized correct decisions isn't true, your letting partisanship blind you.

    We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.”
    Now Biden did eventually walk those claims back and even said a few months later that he agree's with his travel ban.
    But dude are you really so high on DNC farts you can't fathom a situation where dem's could ever be wrong about anything?
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 07-24-2021 at 10:31 AM.

  12. #1212
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    How am I lying about what Biden said when I quote him directly?
    "Counsellor", you have a lot to learn about facts, but that will serve you well as a lawyer. Lawyers are noted for their lying.
    "Counsellor", I have said, and will say again, that attempting to have a legitimate discussion about any subject with you is impossible, because anyone that disagrees with you is obviously wrong and knows nothing about the subject you are attempting to lecture them on.
    And by the way, to use legal terms, your questions are "argumentative and immaterial." I have answered your questions that are germaine and relevant. Your questions regarding Trump are neither.
    I have already said that Trump was incompetent. Biden is no better.
    Your hatred of Trump does not allow you to see facts or reason and would have you removed from a case involving him if you were a lawyer. Your biases are very obvious and do not lend themselves to a legitimate discussion. Perhaps you should recuse yourself from further discussions?
    you did not quote him directly. A direct quote would be a word for word repeating, you used a completely different word and phrase. That is not quoting someone directly.

    I don’t have a lot to learn about facts, you need to learn what one is. What you did is at best paraphrasing. To use legal terms, what you said was false.

    If I must revise myself from all things Trump you must recuse yourself from all things Biden because it’s evident you hate him more than I do Trump. You hate him so much you are willing to disregard facts to do so.

  13. #1213
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He literally fired Dr. Brix who liberals vilified the moment he got into office.

    Dr. Brix is someone a lot of conservitives liked.
    They liked her because she said a lot of things contradictory to the other experts. But as soon as she started saying things Trump didn’t like Trump criticized her too:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp

    Also, Biden didn’t fire her, she retired:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...a-55419954.amp

  14. #1214
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    No, they were criticizing the idea of the vaccine, telling us there was no way we'd have it by the end of the year, and that it takes 10 years for a vaccine to go through all the processes to be approved.
    Ok, well now they’re the ones taking it so what’s your point?

  15. #1215
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,229
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Here is an article of DeBlasio encouraging people to go to China town celebrations.
    https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...kers-visit/#/0

    Here's Vox stating emphatically that TRAVEL BANS DON'T WORK!
    https://www.vox.com/2020/1/23/210783...rus-travel-ban

    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...373-1/fulltext
    Here is the Lancet which is one of the biggest and most important peer reviewed medical journals saying he's not just wrong but he's breaking international law.


    Here is Biden calling Trump's travel ban xenophobic.
    https://www.statesman.com/news/20200...l-restrictions


    Now Biden did eventually walk those claims back and even said a few months later that he agree's with his travel ban.
    But dude are you really so high on DNC farts you can't fathom a situation where dem's could ever be wrong about anything?
    Again the best you can do is saying Democrats we’re wrong in March of 2020? It’s a year and a half later and that’s the best you have? Seems like they’ve done a lot right if you have to go that far back to find a time when they were wrong…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •