Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2507
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Yeah dems would have listened to Dr Fauci all the way up until the vaccine....

you are fake news
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JoyAnnRei...62734076342273
    This is literally Joy Reid questioning the legitimacy of the CDC and the FDA right before the election, the same woman who after Biden won, told her audience she was going to continue to "double mask" even though she's gotten both shots, in direct conflict with CDC guidelines.

LA County just brought back a mask mandate for ALL citizens, regardless of vax status, in direct conflict with State Guidelines and CDC guidelines.

The truth is that to the most partisan dem's (not all dem's obviously) people like Fauci and Cuomo were nothing more than useful tokens as a foil to Trump, and they would be ignored or thrown away (in the case of Cuomo) the moment they became unnecasary.

I don't think it's outrageous to say that a large number (but still a numerical minority) of highly partisan dem's would currently be unvax'd if Trump was still president. And they would likely be using many of the same arguments were hearing now; ala, there is no long-term data, it's not FDA approved etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are your awesome unbiased sites telling you what “all the liberals” are saying and doing again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never suggested "all liberals" would be doing anything.
    As I said, if Trump had won the % of liberals who would be vax-hesitant would be significantly higher than it currently is, and it would be for partisan reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Both sides are equally at fault. I fully understand what you are saying and I agree that Trump was incompetent in his handling of Covid. Biden is incompetent as well. Neither knows enough about Covid to make a coherent statement without reading it from a teleprompter. Both are stumped by simple questions. This is why I suggest that Biden, in order to get more credibility, have his Surgeon General, a member of the CDC or an epidemiologist of note at his press conferences to handle all of the medical questions. I would have recommended the same to Trump, but he would not have followed my advice. Would Biden do this?
    You keep dodging the questions. You made the comparison. Do you think what Biden has said is as bad as all those things Trump said?

As for your recommendations. You recommended Fauci handle all the messaging without apparently realizing that Trump and his supporters have vilified Fauci for the past year. Trump literally criticized Fauci and called him a disaster:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...outputType=amp

Has Biden ever openly criticized the experts and told people not to listen to them? Because Trump has. So how are they equal in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree, they were flippant at the start. The difference of course is they did begin to take it seriously. This is contract to Trump who was flippant at the start, through 2020, and is still flippant about it. He has never taken it seriously.
    He was criticized in March for being "obsessively focused on a Vaccine" he was certainly flippant towards masks the whole time and prioritized his rallies over social distancing. But he wasn't totally flippant the whole time. And isn't now, he's litterally told people to go get vax'd.

You keep dodging the questions. You made the comparison. Do you think what Biden has said is as bad as all those things Trump said?

As for your recommendations. You recommended Fauci handle all the messaging without apparently realizing that Trump and his supporters have vilified Fauci for the past year. Trump literally criticized Fauci and called him a disaster:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...outputType=amp

Has Biden ever openly criticized the experts and told people not to listen to them? Because Trump has. So how are they equal in your mind?
    I am not dodging questions. I am willing to agree that Trump was incompetent in his handling of Covid. You are beating a dead horse here and should simply understand what I am saying about this.
    As to Biden, he is a politician's politician. He doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground as far as Covid goes. He should stop answering questions about things he doesn't understand.
    You can pull out as many articles about Trump's incompetence as you want. He was incompetent. You won't find any great revelations about Covid coming from Biden, either.
    Neither should be answering questions about it, nor should any politician.
    Last edited by catman; 07-24-2021 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He was criticized in March for being "obsessively focused on a Vaccine" he was certainly flippant towards masks the whole time and prioritized his rallies over social distancing. But he wasn't totally flippant the whole time. And isn't now, he's litterally told people to go get vax'd.
    He was criticized for being obsessively focused on a vaccine because he was not doing anything else. They weren’t criticizing that he was focused on a vaccine, they were criticizing that was his only focus.

I can count the number of times he’s told people to get the vaccine on one hand. For comparison he has tweeted the virus will go away more times than he has told people to get a vaccine.

He’s been unconcerned and flippant the entire time.

He was criticized for being obsessively focused on a vaccine because he was not doing anything else. They weren’t criticizing that he was focused on a vaccine, they were criticizing that was his only focus.

I can count the number of times he’s told people to get the vaccine on one hand. For comparison he has tweeted the virus will go away more times than he has told people to get a vaccine.

He’s been unconcerned and flippant the entire time.
    Trump has been banned from Twitter and facebook. He can't post anything about vaccines there.
    And yes, I realize that you know this. Should he make a PSA to tell people to take the vaccine? How about if he says "Please take MY vaccine"? Would you accept that?

I am not dodging questions. I am willing to agree that Trump was incompetent in his handling of Covid. You are beating a dead horse here and should simply understand what I am saying about this.
    As to Biden, he is a politician's politician. He doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground as far as Covid goes. He should stop answering questions about things he doesn't understand.
    You can pull out as many articles about Trump's incompetence as you want. He was incompetent. You won't find any great revelations about Covid coming from Biden, either.
    Neither should be answering questions about it, nor should any politician.
    I’m glad you agree Trump was incompetent, but you said Biden was equally as bad. So I’m asking if Biden has done anything as bad as all that stuff Trump did. If he’s just as bad, surely what he’s said and done has been as bad as those things Trump said and did.

I also disagree that politicians shouldn’t be saying anything about Covid. They have voices and people listen, what they say can have a powerful effect (Trump saying not to listen to Fauci for example). They should use that voice to get the medical professionals message to a wider audience.

He was also criticized for being obsessed with hydroxychloroquine, which is still not recommended as a treatment.

And "flippant" is certainly an interesting way of describing a super spreader event at the White House and a rally in Oklahoma that probably killed Herman Cain.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Trump has been banned from Twitter and facebook. He can't post anything about vaccines there.
    And yes, I realize that you know this. Should he make a PSA to tell people to take the vaccine? How about if he says "Please take MY vaccine"? Would you accept that?
    Of course I’d accept that. I’d love it. I wish Trump went on a media blitz and national tour taking all the credit for the vaccine, calling it his and telling people to get it is showing support for him and what he did as President. Him doing that would drastically increase our vaccine numbers.

For comparison, since Trump has been banned from Facebook and Twitter, he’s still managed to bring up that the election was stolen far more than he’s told people to get the vaccine. Encouraging people to get a vaccine is not one of his priorities.

He's still doing media, still putting out statements, and still holding rallies. Stop acting like he has no outlets for which to get out anything he wants to say.

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

I’m glad you agree Trump was incompetent, but you said Biden was equally as bad. So I’m asking if Biden has done anything as bad as all that stuff Trump did. If he’s just as bad, surely what he’s said and done has been as bad as those things Trump said and did.

I also disagree that politicians shouldn’t be saying anything about Covid. They have voices and people listen, what they say can have a powerful effect (Trump saying not to listen to Fauci for example). They should use that voice to get the medical professionals message to a wider audience.
    Yes. Biden has opened his mouth and made statements that are not only incorrect (vaccinated people cannot get the virus) but incoherent. He mumbles his way through answers and leaves viewers and listeners confused as to what precisely he said.
    You seem a bit obsessed with Biden's incompetence and attempt to compare his level of incompetence to Trump's. Like I said, it is like having your appendix removed by a plumber or an auto mechanic. Both are skilled in their professions, but neither should be performing surgery on a human. Leave medical stuff to medical experts.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    He's still doing media, still putting out statements, and still holding rallies. Stop acting like he has no outlets for which to get out anything he wants to say.
    Yes he is. And if he was to tell his "followers" to take the vaccines at one, would you give him credit for doing so?
    Would you approve of him asking his "followers" to take "MY" vaccine?

The Dems and the press literally trashed Trump for being a xenophobe for closing the country down in February and were actively saying it was as bad as the cold. deBlassio and the NYC health chief were actively telling people to go to the Chinese new year festival last March.
    No they weren't taking it seriously from the begging, that obviously did change eventually, but they were pretty flippant from the start.
    You live in a completely different reality from the rest of us.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Yes he is. And if he was to tell his "followers" to take the vaccines at one, would you give him credit for doing so?
    Would you approve of him asking his "followers" to take "MY" vaccine?
    Yes? I have no idea why you think this is some kind of gotcha question. He's a galaxy level narcissist, he's going to take credit for anything and everything he can, but people are ****ing dying. Still. Almost a year and a half into this, and we're heading right into another ****ing wave. I cannot, in the slightest, be bothered to care about him trying to take credit when people are still dying of a thing we know how to prevent. It's the stupid ****ing things I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You live in a completely different reality from the rest of us.
    He doesn't even exist on the same timeline. Events are all jumbled up to fit a narrative.