Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2506
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Kamala's statement was not heard by everyone the way is was said (just like posts on these boards). People may have heard "I don't trust a vaccine that Trump endorses" and missed the part about her trusting Dr. Fauci.
    It appears to be very easy for some to not hear or read what is actually said or written, just what one wants to read or hear.
    How is Kamala Harris responsible for people thinking she said something she didnít?

But beyond that, she isnít Biden. You can say the administrationís Covid messaging is mixed, but that is different than specifically Bidenís.

Even his misinformation is not mixed messaging, it was still trying to get people to take the vaccine. He just said you wouldnít get Covid if you have the vaccine, which while untrue, was still trying to get people to get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    you're aware I'm a quite pro-vaccine, right? even took a temp job pushing vaccine education

and you keep saying I'm being hypocritical despite the fact I've pointed out that both sides are doing the same...but apparently I'm hypocritical for pointing out that both sides are doing the same.....
    That doesnít change anything about what was happening or is being pointed out. You jumping in and continuing that approach is still bad. Itís actually confusing you would do so given previous stances but as I noted thatís where the team game stuff seemed to be coming in.

When someone points out you doing something bad individually (furthering cias bs) and you respond but both sides do it thatís not actually doing anything but deflecting from a specific situation to but what about in team game form. Thatís what have been noting and calling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We go live to the governor of Alabama trying to figure out how to get more people vaccinated...

Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    We go live to the governor of Alabama trying to figure out how to get more people vaccinated...

The GOP wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Let the Biden administration handle the COVID crisis and let them administer the vaccine but don't lift a finger to help. All that while taking pot shots and having certain members keep the open ended BS of whether or not people should get vaccinated alive. They figured all of this would just go away once the vaccine was out there and once that changed, all of a sudden they're having these come to God moments. Now all of these Republican figures are coming out of the wood work to openly endorse the vaccine when so many of them were quiet for months. ****, all 219 Democratic members of Congress are vaccinated. Only 79 of the 212 Republican members of Congress are. That should tell you all you need to know.

Look, I'm not saying that the GOP is inherently anti vaccine but this idea that the message has been similar from both sides is ridiculous.

Biden has been pushing the vaccine since he took office.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-23-2021 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How is Kamala Harris responsible for people thinking she said something she didnít?

But beyond that, she isnít Biden. You can say the administrationís Covid messaging is mixed, but that is different than specifically Bidenís.

Even his misinformation is not mixed messaging, it was still trying to get people to take the vaccine. He just said you wouldnít get Covid if you have the vaccine, which while untrue, was still trying to get people to get vaccinated.
    Well, if I said that people should take the vaccine because medical journals show it will decrease your chance of being raped by a guerrilla/gorilla and it will make your penis larger.
    Is that OK, I'm doing it for a noble reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Well, if I said that people should take the vaccine because medical journals show it will decrease your chance of being raped by a guerrilla/gorilla and it will make your penis larger.
    Is that OK, I'm doing it for a noble reason?
    It wouldnít be OK, but itíd be more OK than saying if you do take the vaccine you will be raped by a gorilla and your penis will shrink.

There are degrees. Like the degree of difference between saying you wonít get Covid if you take the vaccine and saying it will decrease your chances of being raped by a gorilla and make your penis larger.

One is kind of wrong, one is way wrong. DegreesÖ

Biden specifically said, on Wednesday night, that vaccinated people cannot get Covid.
    How is this a coherent message?
    His gaffes are causing people to stop listening to the governmental agencies about the vaccines.
    Everyone needs to listen to the CDC and their local and state departments of health and shut these bozos out.
    Now comes the "you don't know what you are talking about" mantra and the "you're a denier" nonsense. Save it. You are just like Biden. Speaking about things you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous

Dems have taken the pandemic more seriously for its entirety.

No one was against the vaccine
    The Dems and the press literally trashed Trump for being a xenophobe for closing the country down in February and were actively saying it was as bad as the cold. deBlassio and the NYC health chief were actively telling people to go to the Chinese new year festival last March.
    No they weren't taking it seriously from the begging, that obviously did change eventually, but they were pretty flippant from the start.

It wouldnít be OK, but itíd be more OK than saying if you do take the vaccine you will be raped by a gorilla and your penis will shrink.

There are degrees. Like the degree of difference between saying you wonít get Covid if you take the vaccine and saying it will decrease your chances of being raped by a gorilla and make your penis larger.

One is kind of wrong, one is way wrong. DegreesÖ
    Well, no they're both wrong, I'm lying to people to trick them into making a medical decision. Public Health isn't just what's statistically best for people at a given time, it's a relationship between the PUBLIC and the HEALTH department, and when you lie to people and trick them you ruin that trust.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Biden specifically said, on Wednesday night, that vaccinated people cannot get Covid.
    How is this a coherent message?
    His gaffes are causing people to stop listening to the governmental agencies about the vaccines.
    Everyone needs to listen to the CDC and their local and state departments of health and shut these bozos out.
    Now comes the "you don't know what you are talking about" mantra and the "you're a denier" nonsense. Save it. You are just like Biden. Speaking about things you don't understand.
    No, he did not. He said:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...d-19-vaccines/

You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations. That is not the same as saying you cannot get covid.

In fact, what he said is partially true in that you drastically reduce your chances of getting COVID:

It is rare for people who are fully vaccinated to contract COVID-19, but it does happen.

Honestly, as a medical professional I would expect you to know that the vaccine does reduce your risk of contracting covid, and I'd certainly expect you to understand the difference between someone saying you're not going to get something with you cannot get something.

I agree, Biden should not have exaggerated/lied in that manner about the covid vaccine. He should have stuck with when he said you are less likely to get sick etc. instead of that rhetoric.

Well, no they're both wrong, I'm lying to people to trick them into making a medical decision. Public Health isn't just what's statistically best for people at a given time, it's a relationship between the PUBLIC and the HEALTH department, and when you lie to people and trick them you ruin that trust.
    One is kind of wrong and one is way wrong:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...d-19-vaccines/

You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations. That is not the same as saying you cannot get covid.

In fact, what he said is partially true in that you drastically reduce your chances of getting COVID:

It is rare for people who are fully vaccinated to contract COVID-19, but it does happen.

The Dems and the press literally trashed Trump for being a xenophobe for closing the country down in February and were actively saying it was as bad as the cold. deBlassio and the NYC health chief were actively telling people to go to the Chinese new year festival last March.
    No they weren't taking it seriously from the begging, that obviously did change eventually, but they were pretty flippant from the start.
    I agree, they were flippant at the start. The difference of course is they did begin to take it seriously. This is contract to Trump who was flippant at the start, through 2020, and is still flippant about it. He has never taken it seriously.

Short answer as to how to get more people to take the vaccine. Have Dr. Fauci handle all of the press conferences. He can answer questions from the public coherently without making the gaffes that the past 2 administrations have made. Maybe, with a competent person handling the questions, the public will have more respect for the government?

Pfizer has received EUA for kids aged 12-18, and is the only vaccine with such a designation. Dr. Fauci and the local health and education departments need to get this message out so that everyone knows it.