Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 154 of 168 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2507
  1. #2296
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,178
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Rachel Maddow isn't a legitimate newsource.
    Did you have a stroke?

  2. #2297
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The weekly testing should be happening in private industry anyways. Given how contagious this variant is, businesses that large can become breeding grounds that can daisy chain infect thousands of people very quickly.

    None of you guys seem to understand that your decisions affect the health of other people. They're not forcing you to get vaccinated. For the benefit of health across the board, you'll have to deal with a cotton swab being put in your mouth or up your nose every week.
    Were already at like 70% vaccinated, and if you include those who have been previously infected and have natural immunity (which is a much stronger defense), and is a standard used in countries like Israel, France, Germany we shouldn't be worried about "the spread" if you've either been vaccinated or have natural immunity getting covid is basically no worse than a cold.

    We need to start looking at Covid as a seasonal endemic rather than as this pandemic that keeps us in permanent crisis.

  3. #2298
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Did you have a stroke?
    No, but I've been seeing people retweet that dumb clip from Maddow like crazy.

  4. #2299
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,178
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Were already at like 70% vaccinated, and if you include those who have been previously infected and have natural immunity (which is a much stronger defense),
    Not counting the people who have been infected twice, anyway.

    Mayo Clinic doesn't have us remotely close to 70% fully vaccinated, though.

    https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...accine-tracker

  5. #2300
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,178
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    No, but I've been seeing people retweet that dumb clip from Maddow like crazy.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, or why you're talking about it to me.

  6. #2301
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,913
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Were already at like 70% vaccinated, and if you include those who have been previously infected and have natural immunity (which is a much stronger defense), and is a standard used in countries like Israel, France, Germany we shouldn't be worried about "the spread" if you've either been vaccinated or have natural immunity getting covid is basically no worse than a cold.

    We need to start looking at Covid as a seasonal endemic rather than as this pandemic that keeps us in permanent crisis.
    70% of people receiving 1 dose. Difference between that and fully vaccinated. We can start looking at it as an endemic when it stops killing so many people. You just had over 3,000 people die from COVID today. That's the most since February when the vaccine wasn't readily available to the extent it is now.

    The flu is endemic. COVID is still a pandemic.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-10-2021 at 03:36 AM.

  7. #2302
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,178
    You don't understand, if you just start looking at it differently than it doesn't matter that thousands are dying daily! The important thing as that we don't try too hard to fight it. Is it even still America if we can't pay someone a buck fifty an hour to wait tables?

  8. #2303
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Rachel Maddow isn't a legitimate newsource.
    Is Fox News? They have already admitted in court not to take any of their host as legitimate. They claim they are entertainment in court filings after they got sued.

  9. #2304
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Not counting the people who have been infected twice, anyway.

    Mayo Clinic doesn't have us remotely close to 70% fully vaccinated, though.

    https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...accine-tracker
    No, people who have been infected are less likely to be infected than those with just the vaccine, that doesn't mean break through cases don't happen, people who have been vaccinated have still contracted Covid after, does that mean that the vaccine didn't work, or we shouldn't count them?


    I wasn't talking about being fully vaccinated, I was talking about people with at least one shot. And considering that we're going to be needing *booster* shots soon, we'll never be truly *fully* vaccinated. They're just going to move the goal posts to 3 shots then 4 etc etc.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 09-10-2021 at 03:45 AM.

  10. #2305
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Is Fox News? They have already admitted in court not to take any of their host as legitimate. They claim they are entertainment in court filings after they got sued.
    No, in court they made the case about Tucker specifically and only...also, MSNBC made the exact same argument IN COURT about Maddow specifically.

  11. #2306
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    70% of people receiving 1 dose. Difference between that and fully vaccinated. We can start looking at it as an endemic when it stops killing so many people. You just had over 3,000 people die from COVID today. That's the most since February when the vaccine wasn't readily available to the extent it is now.

    The flu is endemic. COVID is still a pandemic.
    Considering were going to be required to get booster shots soon, is *fully* vaccinated even possible, lets say every unvax'd person who is medically cleared to get the shot rushes out and dose it, pretty soon *fully vaccinated* will mean 3 shots...then 4 shots...then 5 shots etc, since were going to need boosters as these shots wear off and new varients emerge.
    Basically, the goal posts for what defines fully vaccinated will keep shifting as time goes on. We're never going to be *fully vax'd*

  12. #2307
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,178
    Booster shots do not mean someone isn't fully vaccinated, it just means the strength wanes over time.

  13. #2308
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Booster shots do not mean someone isn't fully vaccinated, it just means the strength wanes over time.
    Lulz this guy

  14. #2309
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,178
    Solid contribution as always.

  15. #2310
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,486
    Also boosters can be tweaked in order to work better against other variants

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •