Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 153 of 168 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2507
  1. #2281
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Libertarianism is a mindset that completely misses the fact that we don't succeed when we only advocate for ourselves but recognize that there are other people out there who need our help. Most people should move past it by the age of 10. The notion that our actions impact others is obvious to most everyone and thus personal freedom doesn't justify any and all actions that we want to take.
    Please explain why the federal govt should be making decisions for private businesses? If they want to issue a vaccine mandate thatís fine but itís THEIR business. They shouldnít be dictated on what to do by Joe Biden


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2282
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Iím sure the dems here would have reacted totally reasonable if Trump would have mandated private businesses to get the vaccine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or take a test


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #2283
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Iím sure the dems here would have reacted totally reasonable if Trump would have mandated private businesses to get the vaccine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. This is not an argument.

    2. I wish he would've done the same regarding masks. I support fewer people dying from pandemics, personally. Perhaps you've gone a different direction on that.

  4. #2284
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Please explain why the federal govt should be making decisions for private businesses? If they want to issue a vaccine mandate thatís fine but itís THEIR business. They shouldnít be dictated on what to do by Joe Biden


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah!

    And then explain what OSHA and the EEOC are for.

  5. #2285
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Iím sure the dems here would have reacted totally reasonable if Trump would have mandated private businesses to get the vaccine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldíve. Itís not a political thing with me.

  6. #2286
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,425
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Yeah!

    And then explain what OSHA and the EEOC are for.
    And please explain why a private business needs to be told that 12 year olds canít work 80 hour weeks for .50Ę an hour, goddamnit!

  7. #2287
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Please explain why the federal govt should be making decisions for private businesses? If they want to issue a vaccine mandate thatís fine but itís THEIR business. They shouldnít be dictated on what to do by Joe Biden


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well like most federal government regulations, it is long established that the size of a business gives the federal government authority to regulate interstate commerce.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  8. #2288
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    This shouldnít be legal

    JUST IN - Biden to mandate all employers (100 workers or more) require #COVID19 vaccinations or weekly virus tests, affecting as many as 100 million Americans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It has a very fishy tyrannical dictator vibe to it, extremely autocratic.

  9. #2289
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,920
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It has a very fishy tyrannical dictator vibe to it, extremely autocratic.
    The weekly testing should be happening in private industry anyways. Given how contagious this variant is, businesses that large can become breeding grounds that can daisy chain infect thousands of people very quickly.

    None of you guys seem to understand that your decisions affect the health of other people. They're not forcing you to get vaccinated. For the benefit of health across the board, you'll have to deal with a cotton swab being put in your mouth or up your nose every week.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-10-2021 at 01:39 AM.

  10. #2290
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The weekly testing should be happening in private industry anyways. Given how contagious this variant is, businesses that large can become breeding grounds that can daisy chain infect thousands of people very quickly.

    None of you guys seem to understand that your decisions affect the health of other people. They're not forcing you to get vaccinated. For the benefit of health across the board, you'll have to deal with a cotton swab being put in your mouth or up your nose every week.
    Well, that's not 100% factual, now with this mandate the decision is up to the individual company. Which is what the admin wanted.

    If a company wants to mandate the vaccine (some alreadt were), now they have OSHA to fall back on for the why.

    But even the testing weekly isn't great, because again with the mandate, the company is allowed to pass the cost through to the employee. Idk what that will be.

    Either way, it is a very autocratic decision by Biden, and whoever he has in his admin knows their crap and was able to find some sweet loopholes that even make this possible.

  11. #2291
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    TIL SCOTUS precedent that's more than a century old is a "sweet loophole."

  12. #2292
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,920
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Well, that's not 100% factual, now with this mandate the decision is up to the individual company. Which is what the admin wanted.

    If a company wants to mandate the vaccine (some alreadt were), now they have OSHA to fall back on for the why.

    But even the testing weekly isn't great, because again with the mandate, the company is allowed to pass the cost through to the employee. Idk what that will be.

    Either way, it is a very autocratic decision by Biden, and whoever he has in his admin knows their crap and was able to find some sweet loopholes that even make this possible.
    Yes it is. There's no language in what Biden is mandating that is forcing you to be vaccinated. Its either be vaccinated or be subjected to regular weekly testing. If the company says you need to be vaccinated, that's not coming from the federal government. That's coming from private industry and considering all these vaccines are soon to be FDA approved (Pfizer already having been), there isn't the same recourse there either.

    With that said, this should still be happening. Companies who employ 100s and thousands of people should not let employees become potential super spreaders without some kind of ways to prevent that. If that involves sticking a cotton swab up your nose so be it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-10-2021 at 03:05 AM.

  13. #2293
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    TIL SCOTUS precedent that's more than a century old is a "sweet loophole."
    Oh, you mean the case I've been referencing for weeks? lol sweet brags

    My comment was far more about the OSHA aspect of things.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 09-10-2021 at 02:52 AM.

  14. #2294
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,202
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Oh, you mean the case I've been referencing for weeks? lol sweet brags

    My comment was far more about the OSHSA aspect of things.
    Cool text speak bro. Lol man. Totes.

  15. #2295
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    1. This is not an argument.

    2. I wish he would've done the same regarding masks. I support fewer people dying from pandemics, personally. Perhaps you've gone a different direction on that.
    Rachel Maddow isn't a legitimate newsource.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •