Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 168 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2507
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Sorry for the double posting; I put this in the other Covid thread and later realized it belonged here.

German Lopez of Vox wrote in an editorial that “Mandates should be treated as a last resort: The cities and states that, for example, haven’t tried cash incentives for vaccination could try that first.”

(Starting tomorrow, New York City will give $100 to many residents who receive their first dose.).

While I recognize that the money may be well spent in light of the possible negative economic effects of returning to Covid-related restrictions, it angers me that people will get rewarded for acting selfishly (after all, if these people will be suddenly induced by cash to get vaccinated now, it is pretty damn clear that there was no real ideological or lifestyle barrier that kept them from getting vaccinated earlier).
    It could have been financial barriers, if you can't afford to take a day off work, or might have financial trouble getting to a pharmacy, this $100 can cover those costs.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Who doesn't love unrequested parenting advice?

I'd like to know who these people are getting COVID vaccines for their 6 year old, given that Pfizer and Moderna started expanding their under 12 testing two days ago and while the Pfizer vaccine is approved for kids as young as 12, there are zero vaccines approved in the US for kids younger than that.

I'm also not into taking unnecessary risks when children are dying from this, as much as people like to downplay that. Children in Indonesia are now 12.5% of confirmed cases, and they're dying at a rate of 100 per week there. Anyway, my point was more that bringing all kids back into the school in a county (like every other one in this state) that has high community transmission rates when none of them are vaccinated and making masks optional is a ridiculous decision.

Alas, it's what I've come to expect from a very red county in a very red state.
    Dude you can just lie about their age.
    Most drive-through vax sites aren't going to care. This isn't like Airport security were talking about.

Covid deaths for those under 18 are less than 350...TOTAL. And for Kid's under 5 it's around 100. And if were being honest, those deaths were likely kids with severe comorbidities. More kid's died of the Flu every year on average than die from in Covid TOTAL.
    https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...-Yea/nr4s-juj3
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w

If kid's are dying at the rate your suggesting in Indonesia, my guess is that has more to do with Indonesia and it's particulars.

I guess my suggestion would be don't live in Indoneasia.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It could have been financial barriers, if you can't afford to take a day off work, or might have financial trouble getting to a pharmacy, this $100 can cover those costs.
    Could have been….

Biden wants states to pay people $100 to get vaccinated.

Anyone who is vaccinated should get another stimulus.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Dude you can just lie about their age.
    Most drive-through vax sites aren't going to care. This isn't like Airport security were talking about.

Covid deaths for those under 18 are less than 350...TOTAL. And for Kid's under 5 it's around 100. And if were being honest, those deaths were likely kids with severe comorbidities. More kid's died of the Flu every year on average than die from in Covid TOTAL.
    https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...-Yea/nr4s-juj3
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w

If kid's are dying at the rate your suggesting in Indonesia, my guess is that has more to do with Indonesia and it's particulars.

I guess my suggestion would be don't live in Indoneasia.
    Just so I'm clear: your suggestion is that, without even knowing my child's age, I lie and say they're 12 and get them a vaccine that doesn't even have emergency use authorization in children his age yet?

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Just so I'm clear: your suggestion is that, without even knowing my child's age, I lie and say they're 12 and get them a vaccine that doesn't even have emergency use authorization in children his age yet?
    It is pretty god damned hilarious that's the first instinct.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Sorry for the double posting; I put this in the other Covid thread and later realized it belonged here.

German Lopez of Vox wrote in an editorial that “Mandates should be treated as a last resort: The cities and states that, for example, haven’t tried cash incentives for vaccination could try that first.”

(Starting tomorrow, New York City will give $100 to many residents who receive their first dose.).

While I recognize that the money may be well spent in light of the possible negative economic effects of returning to Covid-related restrictions, it angers me that people will get rewarded for acting selfishly (after all, if these people will be suddenly induced by cash to get vaccinated now, it is pretty damn clear that there was no real ideological or lifestyle barrier that kept them from getting vaccinated earlier).
    In my state (Illinois) the governor I actually agreed with his use of Federal money for Covid (at least some of the money). He is giving away over a few months millions of dollars to a few individuals and like $150K to perhaps 10 or so students to pay for college via a lottery. The state has records and began announcing winners I want to say like July 15th. The nice thing is, everyone has a shot, even people getting the shot today.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

They’ve been indoctrinated!

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I've heard of people getting one Pfizer shot and a Moderna shot, but I haven't heard if it is a problem or not. This is interesting.
    Not sure if it works better or not but I had Pfizer for the first shot and Moderna for the second. I have heard you’re more likely to not feel good after the second shot if you switch it up but that’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So we're this far down the trail with vaccinations- those who wanted to get vaxed have all had ample opportunity to and those who haven't have their reasons.

Serious questions, since I may actually be going to work actively approaching people about this

1) If you're not vaccinated, are you willing to share your reason not to get it?
    2) What would it take to convince you to get it?
    3) If you were in charge, what ideas would you have to help get more people vaccinated?

This country was doing great as states moved through the different phases, but now that it's available to everyone, vaccinations have flattened out a ton. In my state, we were one of the first to get to 30%, now we're middle of the pack at 44% fully vaxed.

Nearly the entire top 10 states in percentage vaxed are all in the NE. So for those of you that live there, what do you think is happening there that isn't happening elsewhere? What things could correlate to other states?

Not everyone that isn't vaxed has necessarily taken the stance of 'I don't need it, I don't want it.' Some simply haven't been educated enough about it- language barriers, lack of information, etc. How do we combat that?

I'm not looking to find ways to bash the unvaxed. I simply, legitimately would like to understand the reluctance or flat refusal.
    Didn’t see much talk from people about original intent of your thread. In the last month has your state changed at all? Are there still first timers going in and the numbers still going up or is it completely stalled?

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Blood clots.
    March/April 2020 - it’s no different than the flu
    September 2020 - only 0.04% of people have died from it
    July 2021 - only 0.19% of people have died from it (roughly 1 person of every 530 or 1/50 who get it)
    - approximately 1 out of 2 million people who get AZ die from blood clots and all of a sudden it’s “look at the risks”.

You guys make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    March/April 2020 - it’s no different than the flu
    September 2020 - only 0.04% of people have died from it
    July 2021 - only 0.19% of people have died from it (roughly 1 person of every 530 or 1/50 who get it)
    - approximately 1 out of 2 million people who get AZ die from blood clots and all of a sudden it’s “look at the risks”.

You guys make me laugh
    I love how the two responses I got acted like I was making some **** up, lol. The US ordered a ton of AZ vaccines and when issues of blood clots started being researched regarding AZ they shipped all the doses to other countries and were like, "Oh, we have plenty of the other vaccines so you guys can have these."
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I love how the two responses I got acted like I was making some **** up, lol. The US ordered a ton of AZ vaccines and when issues of blood clots started being researched regarding AZ they shipped all the doses to other countries and were like, "Oh, we have plenty of the other vaccines so you guys can have these."
    I believe I mentioned what the death rate was for AZ blood clots. Didn’t say you were making **** up. Blood clotting from AZ is real. It’s also real that you’re 30,000-40,000 times more likely to die from Covid if you get it then from blood clotting if you get AZ. The blood clot story for AZ and JJ was milked by certain people and has definitely contributed to demonizing Covid vaccines in general and keeping the overall vaccination rates lower than they should be.