Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2507
    This was in response to a tweet someone posted with heavily edited comments, but it still applies pretty well here since that's what's being talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Since you clearly think you have something here, let's look at what is actually in these snippets past the editing, shall we?

The first one, where they cut Harris off after like five words:

"Asked by CNN's Dana Bash in a clip released Saturday whether she would get a vaccine that was approved and distributed before the election, Harris replied, "Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us."
    "I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about," she continued in the clip from an exclusive interview airing Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" at 9 a.m. ET. "I will not take his word for it.""

The second one, where again they cut off Biden mid-sentence:

"The fact is that the way he talks about the vaccine is not particularly rational. Heís talking it being ready. Heís going to talk about moving it quicker than the scientists think it should be moved. It matters to let the people know that it is all transparent, exactly what the facts are. Let the medical community writ large speak to it so that thereís transparency. Look, I think people are going to, as the poll show and we talked about it today with the two docs and my staff, that in fact people donít believe that heís telling the truth. Therefore, theyíre not at all certain theyíre going to take the vaccine. One more thing, if and when the vaccine comes, and itís not likely to go through all the tests that needs and the trials that are needed to be done, and the question is, is he going to seek emergency move? Well, I think itís really important right now. I proposed a $25 billion plan for the distribution to guarantee that every single American has access to the vaccine because whatís going to happen, you know as well as I do, if the vaccine came out tomorrow, how in the heck would we get it to people? There is no game plan they have. How would everybody in America have access to it? It is a gigantic, gigantic problem to distribute, even if we have it. Thatís we should be planning for now. Now. Not when we get it."

The third one, and this is going to surprise you here, is part of a significantly longer answer:

"FEMA started off, the emergency management operations, started off providing funding for schools to be able to open. The superintendents nationwide point out theyíll need about 200 billion dollars to open safely. Why arenít we doing that? This is a national emergency why arenít we doing that? Mr. President, what one thing have you done, One thing youíve done, to get schools open safely? And look at all the parents out there, I donít know if youíre a parent or not but if youíre working if you are a parent and youíre wondering if your kids are going to go back to school if they canít go back to school what are you going to do?

We should be dealing with letting daycare centers know what they have to do to be in a position they can open safely. Look at whatís happened. An enormous pressure put on the CDC not to put out the detailed guidelines. Enormous pressure being put on the FDA to say the following protocol will have a giant impact on COVID. All these things turn out not to be true, and when a president continues to mislead and lie. When we finally do, god willing, get a vaccine, whoís going to take the shot? Whoís going to take the shot? Are you going to be the first one to say sign me up? They now say itís OK. Iím not being facetious.

Franklin Roosevelt said a different thing in the beginning of World War II, Iím going to paraphrase it, he said ďthings are going to get worse and worse and worse before they get better and better and better, but the American people are tough, you got to give it to them straight. Straight from the shoulder, they can handle anything.Ē

We should give it to the American people straight from the shoulder."

The fifth one... doesn't even really need context. They forgot to edit out the part where he calls for transparency so people trust the safety of the vaccine. How terrible of him, I guess? I'm sure if he had just said, "trust us, it's safe, we don't need more transparency on that" you would've been happy to believe him, right?

The sixth one is especially bad, and I'm going to use Trump's own campaign to show it. The snippet in the video has Biden saying "If the President announced tomorrow we have a vaccine would you take it?" That's it. What he actually said was:

"I get asked the question 'if the President announced tomorrow we have a vaccine, would you take it?' Only if it was completely transparent, that other experts in the country could look at it. Only if we knew all of what went into it. Because so far, nothing he has told us has been true."

Seven! Context edited out. This is not a recording.

"Last week, Senator Harris and I laid out three questions this administration is going to have to answer to assure the American people that politics will not play a role whatsoever in the vaccine process. If Donald Trump canít give answers and the administration canít give answers to these three questions, the American people should not have confidence. But if they can, they should have confidence in the transparency they need to trust the vaccine and adopt it in numbers that will make a difference."

Last, context, blah blah this is all they have.

"If the public health professionals, if Dr Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I will be the first in line to take it, absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, Iím not taking it"

So, let's review.

"Credible source of information"
    "medical community"
    "give it to them straight"
    "transparency"
    "transparent"
    "transparency"
    "public health professionals"

I'm fascinated to know which of those things you disagree with. Should we not listen to the medical community? Should we not have transparency around the safety and efficacy of the vaccines? Should we not listen to public health professionals? These are the things your laughably bad gotcha picked, and what you doubled down on; I didn't choose any of these. So which ones do you disagree with, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    At least you admit that is what's happening here I guess, even if it's another one of those "let me ask a question to deflect from the answer" type things. I do think some posters try and have actual conversations without devolving into that but it's certainly tough given how much of it we see (this thread for example).

Other people doing it isn't an excuse to further the approach yourself, especially if you are someone that often complains a lot when you see it in others.
    no, it isn't....it's another 'you guys act like you don't do the same thing' type things
    Why is it that so many here don't question that type thing happening when the left does it, but jump right on it when the right does it? THAT'S what I was getting at....it's not an acceptable excuse for EITHER side, but only one gets called out for it here
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

How to increase our vaccination percentages

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    no, it isn't....it's another 'you guys act like you don't do the same thing' type things
    Why is it that so many here don't question that type thing happening when the left does it, but jump right on it when the right does it? THAT'S what I was getting at....it's not an acceptable excuse for EITHER side, but only one gets called out for it here
    Lol see you are even still going. I call out dbroncos and Spock and have called out wes as well in biden thread.

Iím jumping in now because you are doing it clearly. Itís funnier that you seem to follow dbroncos around calling him out for doing the same things you do, why? I am not denying others do it you just have it in your head as this us vs them team game so clearly itís like nothing else matters. Yet you constantly get mad at others for the same.

If I start jumping in on others deflecting, sharing misinformation and play partisan games while doing so call me out for it. Until then all you have is but what about the other side to defend your clear hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    It is impossible to say what would have happened to the vaccination rate had Trump won. We can speculate all we want, but no one will ever truly know. All we can do now is try to get as many people as possible vaccinated so we can stop this virus.
    Tell me this: do people who support Trump think that COVID is a hoax at a higher, the same, or lower rate as those who do not support Trump? This is a question that can be answered. I don't know for certain there is polling but I bet you we can find some.

That tells you what the vaccination would have been with Trump in office.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Here is some information from the CDC about vaccinations and demographics:
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...on-demographic

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Tell me this: do people who support Trump think that COVID is a hoax at a higher, the same, or lower rate as those who do not support Trump? This is a question that can be answered. I don't know for certain there is polling but I bet you we can find some.

That tells you what the vaccination would have been with Trump in office.
    No it doesn't. No one can say what the vaccination percentage would have been had Trump won. It may have been higher, it may have been lower. Check the info from the CDC.

Lol see you are even still going. I call out dbroncos and Spock and have called out wes as well in biden thread.

Iím jumping in now because you are doing it clearly. Itís funnier that you seem to follow dbroncos around calling him out for doing the same things you do, why? I am not denying others do it you just have it in your head as this us vs them team game so clearly itís like nothing else matters. Yet you constantly get mad at others for the same.

If I start jumping in on others deflecting, sharing misinformation and play partisan games while doing so call me out for it. Until then all you have is but what about the other side to defend your clear hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Firstly, I rarely get mad...like ever...let alone (tho accused of it) here.
    And you're misunderstanding my point, then...it's become something of a circle jerk with this partisan crap. "I do it because you do it" followed by "see you did it so I did it back again"

and I don't 'follow dbroncs around', there's only certain threads I even really follow here anymore and he happens to post in most of them......and is very prone to push us vs them

Think what you will, I really don't care.

Firstly, I rarely get mad...like ever...let alone (tho accused of it) here.
    And you're misunderstanding my point, then...it's become something of a circle jerk with this partisan crap. "I do it because you do it" followed by "see you did it so I did it back again"

and I don't 'follow dbroncs around', there's only certain threads I even really follow here anymore and he happens to post in most of them......and is very prone to push us vs them

Think what you will, I really don't care.
    Except the main difference is that I am clearly noting you doing it. You are throwing team game generalizations back without context. How do you not see the difference between calling out what you are doing in a thread to team game generalizations? Cmon you can't be serious and this is even more of the BS team game. You seem to be the one clearly missing the point and only capable of thinking in us vs them terms.

Alright that is fine, you don't have to care when others point out clear hypocrisy. You can keep playing the team game to extremes and ignore context. I would suggest not calling out others for doing the same thing you do on a regular basis though if that's your choice.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...e-illness.html

As I said to Ciaban, this is what happens when people choose to go unvaccinated. These variants lower the efficacy of the vaccine. I'm glad its holding well against hospitalization and death but not at the rate it was in regards to previous strains of the virus.

Here is some more data from the CDC:
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...05e1_w#T1_down

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    They were litterally trashing it up until the ****ing election

Most dems would still be vaccinated but you'd have a lot of hold outs, just like were seeing with Republicans now. Most Republicans are vaccinated. There are many hold outs some because they're conspiracy types, some for partisanship some for financial or logistical reasons.
    Absolutely ridiculous

Dems have taken the pandemic more seriously for its entirety.

No one was against the vaccine
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Except the main difference is that I am clearly noting you doing it. You are throwing team game generalizations back without context. How do you not see the difference between calling out what you are doing in a thread to team game generalizations? Cmon you can't be serious and this is even more of the BS team game. You seem to be the one clearly missing the point and only capable of thinking in us vs them terms.

Alright that is fine, you don't have to care when others point out clear hypocrisy. You can keep playing the team game to extremes and ignore context. I would suggest not calling out others for doing the same thing you do on a regular basis though if that's your choice.
    my freaking gawd....now I'm hypocritical to the extreme...and on a regular basis :rollseyes:

I am typing in English here, right? Because apparently I'm not being READ in English.

my freaking gawd....now I'm hypocritical to the extreme...and on a regular basis :rollseyes:

I am typing in English here, right? Because apparently I'm not being READ in English.
    Yes, you are definitely typing English and have doubled/tripled down now (going to an extreme and yes it's an issue that you are hypocritical on towards others when they do the same). I am definitely also reading it in English so not sure what the caps is about.

The question is will you ever actually acknowledge what is being said or just keep going because "the other side is bad too"? There was no need to further the games CIA was playing but you kept choosing to. The reason there is so much fighting/misinformation/partisanship over this vaccine is these dumb games people keep playing trying to make it more and more partisan than simply living in reality of what has been happening. There is no need to deflect to some hypothetical team game and bring up Harris without context yet again etc. when discussing the current issues but here we are with others doing so in another thread and you hopping in to further it.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-23-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    No it doesn't. No one can say what the vaccination percentage would have been had Trump won. It may have been higher, it may have been lower. Check the info from the CDC.
    You can make reasoned assertions. Nobody can tell with certainty but reasoned assertions based on demographics of who would be more or less likely to take vaccinations.

Yes, you are definitely typing English and have doubled/tripled down now (going to an extreme and yes it's an issue that you are hypocritical on towards others when they do the same). I am definitely also reading it in English so not sure what the caps is about.

The question is will you ever actually acknowledge what is being said or just keep going because "the other side is bad too"? There was no need to further the games CIA was playing but you kept choosing to. The reason there is so much fighting/misinformation/partisanship over this vaccine is these dumb games people keep playing trying to make it more and more partisan than simply living in reality of what has been happening. There is no need to deflect to some hypothetical team game and bring up Harris without context yet again etc. when discussing the current issues but here we are with others doing so in another thread and you hopping in to further it.
    you're aware I'm a quite pro-vaccine, right? even took a temp job pushing vaccine education

and you keep saying I'm being hypocritical despite the fact I've pointed out that both sides are doing the same...but apparently I'm hypocritical for pointing out that both sides are doing the same.....