Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2506
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Well, people here think Kamala's comments back then shouldn't count, but what would that have resulted in had Trump won? We all know it wouldn't be the same as it is now....even if some would argue (and none of us really can since it didn't happen) that they'd have 'listened to the science'

...and ironically enough, if you believe Dems would still have gotten vaxed at a similar rate, purely from a vaccination rate perspective, we'd have been better off had Trump won
    That Kamala has been referenced probably 50+ times now when these conversations happen is very telling. She said she would trust the medical experts but not Trump. That is seemingly the worst example people can think of which to me isn't even remotely the same as most misinformation or fear mongering around the actual experts/science/virus/vaccine it is a political partisan statement about Trumps trustworthiness.

Honestly the reality is I and many others that paid any attention (and aren't just part of the cult) feel a similar way about just trusting Trump. It was a political comment that was unnecessary but that's far different than the misinformation, fear mongering etc. about the actual virus/vaccine. To harp on this repeatedly is not showing it as a both sides problem, it's exposing how extreme people will go to downplay when one side is clearly far worse. Just saying both sides or but what about this far more minor thing by the other team is moreso exposing those trying to continue to downplay the issue themselves imo.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-23-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Kamala's statement was not heard by everyone the way is was said (just like posts on these boards). People may have heard "I don't trust a vaccine that Trump endorses" and missed the part about her trusting Dr. Fauci.
    It appears to be very easy for some to not hear or read what is actually said or written, just what one wants to read or hear.

Well, people here think Kamala's comments back then shouldn't count, but what would that have resulted in had Trump won? We all know it wouldn't be the same as it is now....even if some would argue (and none of us really can since it didn't happen) that they'd have 'listened to the science'

...and ironically enough, if you believe Dems would still have gotten vaxed at a similar rate, purely from a vaccination rate perspective, we'd have been better off had Trump won
    No Kamalaís statement related to Trump forcing a vaccine out before it got any necessary review. But everyone talking about this statement knows what she said and what they desperately contort it to.

Necessary review? Do you understand the basics of medication trials? These vaccines went through all of the same trials that any other medication goes through. The international medical community reviewed the 3 step trials and deemed the vaccines safe and effective. The FDA gave them emergency use authorization and will likely give them complete approval soon.
    Trump did not "force" a vaccine out.
    Kamala appears to not understand this part and only said what she did to enflame her supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Necessary review? Do you understand the basics of medication trials? These vaccines went through all of the same trials that any other medication goes through. The international medical community reviewed the 3 step trials and deemed the vaccines safe and effective. The FDA gave them emergency use authorization and will likely give them complete approval soon.
    Trump did not "force" a vaccine out.
    Kamala appears to not understand this part and only said what she did to enflame her supporters.
    And she didnít say he would. She said she would be concerned if he did.

Kamala's statement was not heard by everyone the way is was said (just like posts on these boards). People may have heard "I don't trust a vaccine that Trump endorses" and missed the part about her trusting Dr. Fauci.
    It appears to be very easy for some to not hear or read what is actually said or written, just what one wants to read or hear.
    Of course not because a lot of people actively are searching out things to spread more misinformation. Far right media tells them just the part they want to hear to play that game.

That's my point, the people bringing her up repeatedly are doing just that. They are only searching out what they want to see/hear and ignoring the reality/context. They are the ones furthering the partisanship/divide on this much more than her actual statement did. Look at how many posters keep bringing her up in that way and ignoring what she actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No Kamalaís statement related to Trump forcing a vaccine out before it got any necessary review. But everyone talking about this statement knows what she said and what they desperately contort it to.
    you say you talk against what Democrats say a lot, not just Republicans......never seen it
    catman just explained why her comment was ill-informed and I was pointing out how Dems could very easily have viewed things differently had the election gone the other way....again, not saying I know that, but you can't say you know different either
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

you say you talk against what Democrats say a lot, not just Republicans......never seen it
    catman just explained why her comment was ill-informed and I was pointing out how Dems could very easily have viewed things differently had the election gone the other way....again, not saying I know that, but you can't say you know different either
    You are trying to play gotcha over people not taking what someone else says in full context. The ones at fault are the ones taking it out of context to both sides the issue which is what you seem to be doing too lol.

It is impossible to say what would have happened to the vaccination rate had Trump won. We can speculate all we want, but no one will ever truly know. All we can do now is try to get as many people as possible vaccinated so we can stop this virus.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You are trying to play gotcha over people not taking what someone else says in full context. The ones at fault are the ones taking it out of context to both sides the issue which is what you seem to be doing too lol.
    How? I didn't say I knew what people would have done with Kamala's comment had the election gone different, I simply suggested that, given the climate, they could have.........there's no gotcha, just idle speculation.

Right now it's literally my job to try and get more in my state vaccinated, and I know the demographics I'm up against.

It is impossible to say what would have happened to the vaccination rate had Trump won. We can speculate all we want, but no one will ever truly know. All we can do now is try to get as many people as possible vaccinated so we can stop this virus.
    It's almost like that idea/question was entirely meant for a partisan deflection then, no? I agree we will never actually know so what was the point in bringing it up in the first place in response to those pointing out actual issues currently?

How? I didn't say I knew what people would have done with Kamala's comment had the election gone different, I simply suggested that, given the climate, they could have.........there's no gotcha, just idle speculation.

Right now it's literally my job to try and get more in my state vaccinated, and I know the demographics I'm up against.
    It's a meaningless deflection that none of us have any way of knowing.

Kamala's statement hasn't been misquoted or misrepresented by any dems that I have seen, can you quote one doing so? It's been brought up repeatedly by posters that often share misinformation or simply want to play those partisan games.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It's a meaningless deflection that none of us have any way of knowing.

Kamala's statement hasn't been misquoted or misrepresented by any dems that I have seen, can you quote one doing so? It's been brought up repeatedly by posters that often share misinformation or simply want to play those partisan games.
    please....who ISN'T playing partisan games?

please....who ISN'T playing partisan games?
    At least you admit that is what's happening here I guess, even if it's another one of those "let me ask a question to deflect from the answer" type things. I do think some posters try and have actual conversations without devolving into that but it's certainly tough given how much of it we see (this thread for example).

Other people doing it isn't an excuse to further the approach yourself, especially if you are someone that often complains a lot when you see it in others.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-23-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Considering all the Vax hesititent articles and statements we were seeing in legacy media right before the election. Including from Kamala I don't think it's an outrageous assumptions.
    You have to take everything they said out of context in order to arrive at this conclusion.