Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy How to increase our vaccination percentages

So we're this far down the trail with vaccinations- those who wanted to get vaxed have all had ample opportunity to and those who haven't have their reasons.

Serious questions, since I may actually be going to work actively approaching people about this

1) If you're not vaccinated, are you willing to share your reason not to get it?
    2) What would it take to convince you to get it?
    3) If you were in charge, what ideas would you have to help get more people vaccinated?

This country was doing great as states moved through the different phases, but now that it's available to everyone, vaccinations have flattened out a ton. In my state, we were one of the first to get to 30%, now we're middle of the pack at 44% fully vaxed.

Nearly the entire top 10 states in percentage vaxed are all in the NE. So for those of you that live there, what do you think is happening there that isn't happening elsewhere? What things could correlate to other states?

Not everyone that isn't vaxed has necessarily taken the stance of 'I don't need it, I don't want it.' Some simply haven't been educated enough about it- language barriers, lack of information, etc. How do we combat that?

I'm not looking to find ways to bash the unvaxed. I simply, legitimately would like to understand the reluctance or flat refusal.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Two of my kids will not get vaccinated. They are women (real women, 100% certainty, not someone who thinks they are women) and are concerned with possible side effects related to child bearing. I've heard this from other women (assumed women, not believed to be someone who thinks they are women [no positive proof, just a strong belief]).

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Two of my kids will not get vaccinated. They are women (real women, 100% certainty, not someone who thinks they are women) and are concerned with possible side effects related to child bearing. I've heard this from other women (assumed women, not believed to be someone who thinks they are women [no positive proof, just a strong belief]).
    What a weird spot to try to inject bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

The simplest way is to require presentation of oneís vaccination card before they can re-enter society. Some people will whine about their ďHIPPA rightsĒ (I intentionally misspelled HIPAA to make a point about their uninformed opinion) but they are easily dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The simplest way is to require presentation of oneís vaccination card before they can re-enter society. Some people will whine about their ďHIPPA rightsĒ (I intentionally misspelled HIPAA to make a point about their uninformed opinion) but they are easily dismissed.
    OK, and if you do this and you have people who still don't get the vax then what? Will we prevent them from entering society? So banking, work...medical treatment, educaton. We just going to have a two-tier society? There is no way that's not going to creat genrational inequality.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    OK, and if you do this and you have people who still don't get the vax then what? Will we prevent them from entering society? So banking, work...medical treatment, educaton. We just going to have a two-tier society? There is no way that's not going to creat genrational inequality.
    Hate to awaken you abruptly out of your cozy slumbers, but we already have a multi-tiered society

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Hate to awaken you abruptly out of your cozy slumbers, but we already have a multi-tiered society
    And a society where people LEGALLY can't participate will improve that structure?

Can we require presentation a vaccination card to vote? Or is that not fair? And does it unfairly effect some groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Can we require presentation a vaccination card to vote? Or is that not fair? And does it unfairly effect some groups?
    The Constitution speaks nothing of vaccination though it does of citizenship.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Iíd be impressed if the Constitution did mention vaccines considering it was written before vaccines existed.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Iíd be impressed if the Constitution did mention vaccines considering it was written before vaccines existed.
    If only there could be things done to add/subtract/change. Could even give those things a catchy name like changements

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The Constitution speaks nothing of a photographic identification card. So we can remove that requirement to voting, if that's the level we're going based on?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

The Constitution speaks nothing of a photographic identification card. So we can remove that requirement to voting, if that's the level we're going based on?
    You have another way to show citizenship and registration each time a vote is cast by all means present it.

How about the fact that there is nothing in the Constitution that says you need a vaccine card to enter society. Once you give in to full medical tyranny, and the government can inject you with whatever they want whenever they want as a pretense for you to live your life, are you in a free society?

Last time I checked, I don't need the government's permission to go somewhere, congregate with a group of people, etc.
    Eichel Tower

Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast