Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia

Australia

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ocracy/619940/
    So Australia is going through rolling lockdowns, and now, in the state of Southern Australia, all citizens are going to be required to download an app, that uses facial recognition software, and you will be texted at some random time, where you will be required to send a photo of yourself within 15 minutes or the police will come to find you.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/technolo...ng-b881837587z
    They are also considering passing a law that requires "100 points of verification" whatever that means, to operate any online account.

Also, in the city of Darwin in Northern Australia, they are introducing a system based on the Chinese Social Credit system.
    https://theconversation.com/is-china...stralia-117095

The were doing very well, as New Zealand was. They loosened up and got slammed by Delta, worse than we did.

I saw a thing recently that they were saying maybe they were going too far and needed to back off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I saw a thing recently that they were saying maybe they were going too far and needed to back off a bit.
    Yeah, it probably was from the Antlatic.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The were doing very well, as New Zealand was. They loosened up and got slammed by Delta, worse than we did.
    They didn't get hit worse than we did.
    I think they have like 1000 covid deaths total.

It is difficult to understand what you mean by “slammmed”.

New Covid-19 US cases in the US over the last 14 days is 49 per 100,000 population. Australia’s is 5.6. Their deaths per 100,000 averaged over the past 14 days is 0.002 — for the US in the same time period: 0.47.

You may wonder why some of us have trouble with many of your posts on this issue.

Look, considering where they were for nearly 6 months, they got slammed. They have shut down a lot of travel and are not allowing people to move around their country.
    New Zealand is in a similar situation.
    As to you taking my posts on this subject seriously, I have no control over that. I post what I know to be true from years of experience in healthcare.

Perhaps a bit of rephrasing would help here.
    Australia, for most of last year, had a very low positivity rate, due to shrewd leadership on Covid. Our positivity rate was far higher than theirs was due to mismanagement from the president -- can we agree on that?
    They loosened up their country a bit and Delta got in. They are back to lockdowns and restrictions, which will, hopefully, help them to manage it the way they managed the first wave last year. This is what I meant by "slammed". Yes, our positivity rates are still higher than theirs are and we may or may not agree on the cause of that, but it is a fact.

Perhaps a bit of rephrasing would help here.
    Australia, for most of last year, had a very low positivity rate, due to shrewd leadership on Covid. Our positivity rate was far higher than theirs was due to mismanagement from the president -- can we agree on that?
    They loosened up their country a bit and Delta got in. They are back to lockdowns and restrictions, which will, hopefully, help them to manage it the way they managed the first wave last year. This is what I meant by "slammed". Yes, our positivity rates are still higher than theirs are and we may or may not agree on the cause of that, but it is a fact.
    I get what you're saying.

They got slammed relative to where they were at, but they did not get slammed nearly as hard as we have been slammed pretty much the entire time. The reason is because when they got hit they took those much smaller numbers than ours very seriously, where much of our country has not taken the far larger numbers than theirs very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I get what you're saying.

They got slammed relative to where they were at, but they did not get slammed nearly as hard as we have been slammed pretty much the entire time. The reason is because when they got hit they took those much smaller numbers than ours very seriously, where much of our country has not taken the far larger numbers than theirs very seriously.
    They also have the abilty to shut down much easier. Australia is an island for the most part, and the population centers are incredibly spread out, it can take nearl a whole day to drive from one state to another.
    Perth Australia is one of the most remote cities on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Yeah, it probably was from the Antlatic.
    It wasn't, but since then there has been a bunch more push back on their tracking app.

They also have the abilty to shut down much easier. Australia is an island for the most part, and the population centers are incredibly spread out, it can take nearl a whole day to drive from one state to another.
    Perth Australia is one of the most remote cities on earth.
    Yes Australia has natural advantages that help reduce their Covid numbers, but it’s more so about the seriousness with which they took a small jump in numbers compared to the indifference we took to large jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes Australia has natural advantages that help reduce their Covid numbers, but it’s more so about the seriousness with which they took a small jump in numbers compared to the indifference we took to large jumps.
    It's not just natural advantages, their population centers are far more spread out, look at the North East, it's so easy for a disease to spread considering how clustered all of our cities are.

So the Australian high court has decided that people and companies can be liable for things said on their posts.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/austral...ts-11631096115

In effect, if you say that IDK your boss is a jerk, and I respond with he's a pedophile, YOU can be held liable for what I said under your post.

So the Australian high court has decided that people and companies can be liable for things said on their posts.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/austral...ts-11631096115

In effect, if you say that IDK your boss is a jerk, and I respond with he's a pedophile, YOU can be held liable for what I said under your post.
    I’m upset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast