Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast

Unhappy How to increase our vaccination percentages

So we're this far down the trail with vaccinations- those who wanted to get vaxed have all had ample opportunity to and those who haven't have their reasons.

Serious questions, since I may actually be going to work actively approaching people about this

1) If you're not vaccinated, are you willing to share your reason not to get it?
    2) What would it take to convince you to get it?
    3) If you were in charge, what ideas would you have to help get more people vaccinated?

This country was doing great as states moved through the different phases, but now that it's available to everyone, vaccinations have flattened out a ton. In my state, we were one of the first to get to 30%, now we're middle of the pack at 44% fully vaxed.

Nearly the entire top 10 states in percentage vaxed are all in the NE. So for those of you that live there, what do you think is happening there that isn't happening elsewhere? What things could correlate to other states?

Not everyone that isn't vaxed has necessarily taken the stance of 'I don't need it, I don't want it.' Some simply haven't been educated enough about it- language barriers, lack of information, etc. How do we combat that?

I'm not looking to find ways to bash the unvaxed. I simply, legitimately would like to understand the reluctance or flat refusal.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Two of my kids will not get vaccinated. They are women (real women, 100% certainty, not someone who thinks they are women) and are concerned with possible side effects related to child bearing. I've heard this from other women (assumed women, not believed to be someone who thinks they are women [no positive proof, just a strong belief]).

The simplest way is to require presentation of one’s vaccination card before they can re-enter society. Some people will whine about their “HIPPA rights” (I intentionally misspelled HIPAA to make a point about their uninformed opinion) but they are easily dismissed.

My daughter has arraigned shots for the three remaining non-vaccinated members of our family. Me, my wife, and my mom. This mutating virus is getting too serious to consider any reason not to get it. Recurring immunization like we do with the seasonal flu might be a sign of the time. Man, I am loving the twenties. I shouldn't complain, we are getting medical officials who do house calls just like the rich people get.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Society: Show me your papers

Peon: voter registration card, State ID, Federal ID, or vaccination card? I am so confused
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Don't we already have threads on Covid and the Vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The simplest way is to require presentation of one’s vaccination card before they can re-enter society. Some people will whine about their “HIPPA rights” (I intentionally misspelled HIPAA to make a point about their uninformed opinion) but they are easily dismissed.
    OK, and if you do this and you have people who still don't get the vax then what? Will we prevent them from entering society? So banking, work...medical treatment, educaton. We just going to have a two-tier society? There is no way that's not going to creat genrational inequality.

I'm not vaccinated.
    I because I don't want to take a selfie while getting a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Two of my kids will not get vaccinated. They are women (real women, 100% certainty, not someone who thinks they are women) and are concerned with possible side effects related to child bearing. I've heard this from other women (assumed women, not believed to be someone who thinks they are women [no positive proof, just a strong belief]).
    What a weird spot to try to inject bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So we're this far down the trail with vaccinations- those who wanted to get vaxed have all had ample opportunity to and those who haven't have their reasons.

Serious questions, since I may actually be going to work actively approaching people about this

1) If you're not vaccinated, are you willing to share your reason not to get it?
    2) What would it take to convince you to get it?
    3) If you were in charge, what ideas would you have to help get more people vaccinated?

This country was doing great as states moved through the different phases, but now that it's available to everyone, vaccinations have flattened out a ton. In my state, we were one of the first to get to 30%, now we're middle of the pack at 44% fully vaxed.

Nearly the entire top 10 states in percentage vaxed are all in the NE. So for those of you that live there, what do you think is happening there that isn't happening elsewhere? What things could correlate to other states?

Not everyone that isn't vaxed has necessarily taken the stance of 'I don't need it, I don't want it.' Some simply haven't been educated enough about it- language barriers, lack of information, etc. How do we combat that?

I'm not looking to find ways to bash the unvaxed. I simply, legitimately would like to understand the reluctance or flat refusal.
    The main reason is idiots like SLuggo and his dumb daughters, that think that vaccines are the reason no one wants to sleep with them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    OK, and if you do this and you have people who still don't get the vax then what? Will we prevent them from entering society? So banking, work...medical treatment, educaton. We just going to have a two-tier society? There is no way that's not going to creat genrational inequality.
    Hate to awaken you abruptly out of your cozy slumbers, but we already have a multi-tiered society

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Can we require presentation a vaccination card to vote? Or is that not fair? And does it unfairly effect some groups?

I have two daughters who have been vaccinated and I've heard from people through work that they questioned my decision based on their "reproductive organs" ... where the hell is that coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I have two daughters who have been vaccinated and I've heard from people through work that they questioned my decision based on their "reproductive organs" ... where the hell is that coming from?
    Very simple: most people are stupid.

If we could kick the three headed ruby monster out of our nation, our rate would go up. Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama are holding our overall rates down. Just like they hold up rates in virtually every statistic.

Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast