Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 168 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2506
    People are pretty much coughing right into strangers' open mouths here because they're backwoods meth-addled morons in much of this state, so I'll take all shots thanks.

The real worry is that my kid is still too young to get vaccinated, and his school district in their lack of wisdom is going mask-optional this year. Because obviously 0% of kids in the building vaccinated is the sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    People are pretty much coughing right into strangers' open mouths here because they're backwoods meth-addled morons in much of this state, so I'll take all shots thanks.

The real worry is that my kid is still too young to get vaccinated, and his school district in their lack of wisdom is going mask-optional this year. Because obviously 0% of kids in the building vaccinated is the sweet spot.
    And we're finding out that more and more people in a lot of these states don't believe in bathing and washing. Sick ****s!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post

Based on what? I know people who've gotten their 6-year-olds covid shots. People have been called anti-vax for saying you shouldn't get your young kid's vaccinated against covid.
    If your really that concerned get him a covid shot.

That said, from all the data we've seen, there isn't much evidence that children are likely to get covid much less spread it, and they have the least negative reactions from it.
    There are also breathing considerations, and developmental considerations to take into considerations.

Though if your really that concerned, you can take your kid out of school.

My question for the booster shot is for those who are unvaccinated, would they need to take 3 shots, or just a new one for the delta?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    My question for the booster shot is for those who are unvaccinated, would they need to take 3 shots, or just a new one for the delta?
    I've not heard anything about this, but those who are unvaccinated should be very concerned about the Delta variant. It is very infectious.
    Get your vaccinations as soon as possible.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3

Interesting new data suggests that people who mix and match their covid vax's have a higher protection rate.

This was done in Europe with Astrazeneca which I don't believe we have access to.

I've heard of people getting one Pfizer shot and a Moderna shot, but I haven't heard if it is a problem or not. This is interesting.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3

Interesting new data suggests that people who mix and match their covid vax's have a higher protection rate.

This was done in Europe with Astrazeneca which I don't believe we have access to.
    Blood clots.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Blood clots.
    Chicken fingers.
    HELLO

Do you guys know if it's legal to get a 3rd shot even though it isn't recommended, I'm asking for my grandparents.

Do you guys know if it's legal to get a 3rd shot even though it isn't recommended, I'm asking for my grandparents.
    Asking for legal advice on PSD seems like an unwise move and I am not a lawyer nor do I know the answer but....this is PSD and none of us are experts yet we like to pretend we are so my answer is: there's no Covid police. No one is getting in any legal trouble for anything related to getting the vaccine.

Should you? No one is saying so yet. Which, literally means nothing to you so I don't know why I just added this haha.
    HELLO

Check with their physician.

Based on what? I know people who've gotten their 6-year-olds covid shots. People have been called anti-vax for saying you shouldn't get your young kid's vaccinated against covid.
    If your really that concerned get him a covid shot.

That said, from all the data we've seen, there isn't much evidence that children are likely to get covid much less spread it, and they have the least negative reactions from it.
    There are also breathing considerations, and developmental considerations to take into considerations.

Though if your really that concerned, you can take your kid out of school.
    Who doesn't love unrequested parenting advice?

I'd like to know who these people are getting COVID vaccines for their 6 year old, given that Pfizer and Moderna started expanding their under 12 testing two days ago and while the Pfizer vaccine is approved for kids as young as 12, there are zero vaccines approved in the US for kids younger than that.

I'm also not into taking unnecessary risks when children are dying from this, as much as people like to downplay that. Children in Indonesia are now 12.5% of confirmed cases, and they're dying at a rate of 100 per week there. Anyway, my point was more that bringing all kids back into the school in a county (like every other one in this state) that has high community transmission rates when none of them are vaccinated and making masks optional is a ridiculous decision.

Alas, it's what I've come to expect from a very red county in a very red state.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Sorry for the double posting; I put this in the other Covid thread and later realized it belonged here.

German Lopez of Vox wrote in an editorial that “Mandates should be treated as a last resort: The cities and states that, for example, haven’t tried cash incentives for vaccination could try that first.”

(Starting tomorrow, New York City will give $100 to many residents who receive their first dose.).

While I recognize that the money may be well spent in light of the possible negative economic effects of returning to Covid-related restrictions, it angers me that people will get rewarded for acting selfishly (after all, if these people will be suddenly induced by cash to get vaccinated now, it is pretty damn clear that there was no real ideological or lifestyle barrier that kept them from getting vaccinated earlier).

You wouldn't get a booster shot. You would get your first shot and be told to come back in two weeks. You would be asked for the card they provided you during your first shot.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085