Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 168 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2507
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's significantly higher or lower depending on the demographic though, saying that there is a 2% chance of death to an 18-year-old is as inaccurate as saying there is a 2% chance of death to an 81-year-old.
    You shouldn’t say those things then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what's the point of looking at it that way? we've NOT let it spread unchecked
    You're right. We aren't leaving it unchecked. In some parts of the country they are actively spreading it to one another on purpose. In most they are just removing mask mandates and letting everyone who doesn't have the vaccine act like they've gotten it and spread it around. So you could say we are doing worse than leaving it unchecked.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Also, I live in Missouri, and not only are we letting it spread unchecked, the state is actively trying to stop people who are trying to check it.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Pfizer just announced that a 3rd dose of their vaccine would help stop the Delta variant.
    Anyone willing to take this advice?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Pfizer just announced that a 3rd dose of their vaccine would help stop the Delta variant.
    Is it just the company saying it or do we have any neutral statements on it?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Thus far, it appears to be just from Pfizer, but studies have shown that their vaccine has been pretty effective.
    In talks with physicians that I have had, the jury is out as to if boosters are required at this time. The Drs agree that we will likely need annual shots (similar to annual flu shots -- note, I am not saying Covid is just the flu here) to stay healthy.

I mean, I'll need a little more than your two sentences but assuming the third dose gets approved and rolled out like the first two doses, hell yeah. Gimme gimme round 3 of the Trump Vaccine baby!

But seriously, the Delta Variant is pretty scary.. I don't want that ****. I don't want my family or anyone I know to get it either. Why would anyone who got the first two doses change their mind now? Especially if you're paying any attention to what's happening in areas where the delta variant is spreading rapidly.

If you want to keep relitigating the same old talking points every time I knew vaccine or dose pops up, be my guest. Feels like a complete waste of time but hey, you do you brother man.
    HELLO

Booster shots were to be expected since the virus mutate, like the common flu. I don't know if it will get to the point that it would be given annually and targeted at the most common mutation as we do with the common flu.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Thus far, it appears to be just from Pfizer, but studies have shown that their vaccine has been pretty effective.
    In talks with physicians that I have had, the jury is out as to if boosters are required at this time. The Drs agree that we will likely need annual shots (similar to annual flu shots -- note, I am not saying Covid is just the flu here) to stay healthy.
    I kind of suspected we would until (if) it mutates into a non-lethal version.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

There are studies, incomplete at this time, that say that those of us who have had both vaccines and active illness may be immune, permanently. I will follow my Drs advice to determine whether or not I take boosters, however.

There are studies, incomplete at this time, that say that those of us who have had both vaccines and active illness may be immune, permanently. I will follow my Drs advice to determine whether or not I take boosters, however.
    Are there really credible studies that suggest that those who have both vaccines are "permanently immune"? I feel like I've literally never been under that assumption.

But yeah, listen to your doctor and call it a day. Nothing more for you to say!
    HELLO

Like I said, the studies are incomplete at this time. When and if I see something more concrete, I will post it here.

Like I said, the studies are incomplete at this time. When and if I see something more concrete, I will post it here.
    OK. Why bother speculating then?

Just listen to your doctor! Save the rest.
    HELLO

I'm just reporting what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    OK. Why bother speculating then?

Just listen to your doctor! Save the rest.
    Here is an article that explains why we might have permanent immunity once we that had the virus and are vaccinated:
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00367-7
    The human body is fascinating. We can do a whole lot of amazing things.