Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Not wanting to settle for $12 an hour when searching a little longer will earn you a lot more most likely...
    What's a little longer and when does that $ put a cap on a little longer. Higher paying jobs are out there waiting for takers. There just aren't any takers. Your argument does not hold up. High paying jobs are available and no one is taking them. That's a person problem. Not a pay scale problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Nice deflection.
    Common sense says what?

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

What's a little longer and when does that $ put a cap on a little longer. Higher paying jobs are out there waiting for takers. There just aren't any takers. Your argument does not hold up. High paying jobs are available and no one is taking them. That's a person problem. Not a pay scale problem.
    Those seem like things that can differ person to person, do you think there is only one possible answer or something?

What high paying jobs are having extreme issues finding takers? Do you have proof of your claims?

I know people not collecting unemployment that have taken 4+months searching for the right job/situation/location. Plenty of people would be willing to take high paying jobs if they were available to them. Speaking of common sense...

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Common sense says what?
    Common sense says exactly what I posted a couple posts ago. There are far more asymptomatic contractions than there are symptomatic. And even the ones positive indicates that there's a large percentage of people that are asymptomatic. Throw those two categories together and you get a vast majority that are asymptomatic. It's honestly common sense, you just try to turn it in your favors. If you st the least can't admit that the majority of people that contractor covid were and are asymptomatic...you are playing with your own rules science. Not the obvious ones.

Those seem like things that can differ person to person, do you think there is only one possible answer or something?

What high paying jobs are having extreme issues finding takers? Do you have proof of your claims?

I know people not collecting unemployment that have taken 4+months searching for the right job/situation/location. Plenty of people would be willing to take high paying jobs if they were available to them. Speaking of common sense...
    No no no. It does it work that way. Someone making $12 before covid doesn't get to grab a $30 job. They need to grab the $16 job that is plentiful. Lots of $16 wages out there unfilled. The $30 job is for those that were making $25.

No no no. It does it work that way. Someone making $12 before covid doesn't get to grab a $30 job. They need to grab the $16 job that is plentiful. Lots of $16 wages out there unfilled. The $30 job is for those that were making $25.
    You aren't making any sense lol. No one said anything about making $12 before covid. I am not sure if $16 per hour jobs are unfilled in every location across this country, any actual data on that?

Anyways the obvious point here is that many people searching for jobs may be doing so at a higher level than those currently available (and despite this post, may have made more than that before as well). If the jobs mostly pay poorly then why wouldn't someone keep applying for better?

You aren't making any sense lol. No one said anything about making $12 before covid. I am not sure if $16 per hour jobs are unfilled in every location across this country, any actual data on that?

Anyways the obvious point here is that many people searching for jobs may be doing so at a higher level than those currently available (and despite this post, may have made more than that before as well). If the jobs mostly pay poorly then why wouldn't someone keep applying for better?
    Do you have any data to back up your “obvious” point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People do keep applying for better...true before and certainly since Covid. However, while many states have now resciinded the federal unemployment enhancements and extensions, they did so in an attempt to get unfilled jobs..filled. The PROBLEM is, the vast majority of the unfilled jobs fall into the <$16 category...so, for people who were making more than that and who NEED more than that, their faced with hard choices.

$16 is a better wage in some places than others, but regardless- if someone made more than that before, it's a serious adjustment to have to make (while then also having to continue looking) to humbly accept that wage. Harder yet in rural areas where even the lower paying job may involve a longer commute than they had pre-Covid.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Do you have any data to back up your “obvious” point?

What data do I need for you to understand how searching for a job can work for people? No data has been presented this isn’t happening...

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    People do keep applying for better...true before and certainly since Covid. However, while many states have now resciinded the federal unemployment enhancements and extensions, they did so in an attempt to get unfilled jobs..filled. The PROBLEM is, the vast majority of the unfilled jobs fall into the <$16 category...so, for people who were making more than that and who NEED more than that, their faced with hard choices.

$16 is a better wage in some places than others, but regardless- if someone made more than that before, it's a serious adjustment to have to make (while then also having to continue looking) to humbly accept that wage. Harder yet in rural areas where even the lower paying job may involve a longer commute than they had pre-Covid.
    Sure some may have to make hard decisions. That those are most of the jobs available is a sign of a poor economy imo though. I wonder why that isn’t focused on more instead of bashing those searching for jobs? That many will be forced into difficult decisions due to lack of opportunity like that is part of the problem leading to open jobs but people not filling at least yet.

Sure some may have to make hard decisions. That those are most of the jobs available is a sign of a poor economy imo though. I wonder why that isn’t focused on more instead of bashing those searching for jobs? That many will be forced into difficult decisions due to lack of opportunity like that is part of the problem leading to open jobs but people not filling at least yet.

Those states rescinding/ending the enhanced unemployment benefits are doing so because too many jobs are going unfilled- because too many unfilled jobs pay less than enhanced unemployment benefits. I get it, if your skill set had you making $14/hr before and you've not tried very hard to get a job while collecting the equivalent of $18/hr (as it was here), I understand.

...the problem is...those are the VAST majority of jobs going unfilled. So what's a person supposed to do if the job they lost and the needs they've had were well over $18/hr...they were getting by, knowing they couldn't indefinitely, and now they have to get by on even less because their benefits are cut off and the only jobs available pay even less......so yeah, there's multiple poor indicators there
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Those states rescinding/ending the enhanced unemployment benefits are doing so because too many jobs are going unfilled- because too many unfilled jobs pay less than enhanced unemployment benefits. I get it, if your skill set had you making $14/hr before and you've not tried very hard to get a job while collecting the equivalent of $18/hr (as it was here), I understand.

...the problem is...those are the VAST majority of jobs going unfilled. So what's a person supposed to do if the job they lost and the needs they've had were well over $18/hr...they were getting by, knowing they couldn't indefinitely, and now they have to get by on even less because their benefits are cut off and the only jobs available pay even less......so yeah, there's multiple poor indicators there
    Ya I get why they are trying to force people into the decisions more to get the economy working but that’s still showing the real issue is our economic opportunity imo (or lack of). I am sure some take advantage but this talking point that’s what most are doing simply sitting around being lazy and there is no possible other reason is pretty ridiculous.

What data do I need for you to understand how searching for a job can work for people? No data has been presented this isn’t happening...

How convenient.

Ok so there are a couple of embarrassingly bad things for this Senator in this video. But the highest order to me is how he’s seemingly advocating for a local response to get people in communities to encourage vaccination and then lashing out at Biden who…checks notes…proposed exactly that and got his head torn off by Republicans including the senator from the 45th highest vaccinated state in the nation.

How convenient.
    Are you under the impression no one would ever do that? I have anecdotal evidence if that’s what you want. I just assumed most understand how job searching works