Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Andrew Yang on mentally Ill homelessness

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...173203466?s=21

I thought this was a pretty ballsy response. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

As one who has been attacked by a mentally ill homeless man, agree one hundred percent. The keyword: Rebuild

Broken record, yes I am. Like in NYC where he is running for office, Chicago also had to cut its mentally ill services as well. The problem is money allocations for it. Something has to be done, just over the last two years, I am seeing more homelessness in my middle-class neighborhood. They literally walk through the neighborhood on Saturday begging for money from residents cutting their lawns, playing with their kids, or just socializing on the block.

This and now bodies dropping in our community, I don't have the patience to wait another couple of decades for something to be done. I with Yang on this one. Every move to make government smaller has been harmful to main street and communities across the country.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-19-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I get why people are upset with him -- this isn't the first time you could argue he was dehumanizing people with mental illnesses. But it's definitely a bit overblown. I think he sucks with his words, a lot. I also don't think he has good answers to solving homelessness and that shows. Frankly, it's a massive blind spot a lot of Democrats have. Mayors especially. It's important to pry at this question, especially candidates in cities like NYC.

But Andrew Yang is the corniest human alive and I'll never not be amazed at how many of my friends (young 20s at the time) gravitated towards Yang when he first ran because he seemingly was cool. The guy reddit loved. Did you see all those cool Yang Gang memes

Unrelated: speaking of that, this interview is a must.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV67dJGXACQ

He's arguably not a real human.

Anyways...I'd gladly still rank him above Adams if I lived in NYC. Seems like they're the frontrunners though I'm hoping Maya Wiley can pull it off.
    HELLO

Whoa, I missed something here. With attacks coming from the leftist podcast about this speech, I when back to re-watch it, since I am not on Twitter, and wasn't able.

What I got from it was rebuilding the mental health services to take care of these people.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-19-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I heard he is sinking in the polls.

Will Rogers

The Yang Gang and his hateful trolls are as bad as Trumpís.

He isn't as stupid and self-centered as Trump and has some good ideas. But he is a strange duck to peg, like Tulsi.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    He isn't as stupid and self-centered as Trump and has some good ideas. But he is a strange duck to peg, like Tulsi.
    One need not be stupid (I do think self centered) to be what Trump is in that respect. He attracts people who want to find somewhere to fit in. Specific aspects of society donít fallow what these people are and they find agreement and acceptance there.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    One need not be stupid (I do think self centered) to be what Trump is in that respect. He attracts people who want to find somewhere to fit in. Specific aspects of society donít fallow what these people are and they find agreement and acceptance there.
    True, people are fractioning off, wonder why, but that doesn't mean there isn't something there that is valid. I think he would be a lousy elected official. Some of his ideas, on automation and how it will affect the American workers, is solid. No one else is talking about it so, I will keep an ear out for him. He got some progressive idea that resonates with the public if not Capitol Hill. But again him personally, I wouldn't vote him, I see him as more of an appointee

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I heard he is sinking in the polls.
    I think people get the impression he's not a true New Yorker. Not a city guy at least. I know he was born upstate but its a different world being born and raised in Schenectady as opposed to having grown up in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, etc.

He gives off a insincere vibe, especially when he says his favorite subway stop is Times Square. Most people native of NYC heard that and were like WTF? Only tourists love Times Square. The only good thing about Times Square if you are a native NYC resident is Broadway and maybe a handful of restaurants. Everything else sucks.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Campaign promises, especially from Democrats mean **** btw. Even in a Democrat dominated city like NY very few things get done from a legislative standpoint. Its a noble idea but NY will just do what they've always done with the homeless population. They'll provide them a one way bus ticket to another city or ignore it.

NYC has only done a marginally better job of addressing those things than LA, Chicago, or Philly has done. People living in tents shooting up fentanyl and other drugs. Not saying all the mentally ill are drug addicted either. Its just unfortunate many of those things go hand in hand because cities refuse to help these people or they are incapable of being helped.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Campaign promises, especially from Democrats mean **** btw. Even in a Democrat dominated city like NY very few things get done from a legislative standpoint. Its a noble idea but NY will just do what they've always done with the homeless population. They'll provide them a one way bus ticket to another city or ignore it.

NYC has only done a marginally better job of addressing those things on the street than LA or Philly has done. People living in tents shooting up fentanyl and other drugs. Not saying all the mentally ill are drug addicted either. Its just unfortunate many of those things go hand in hand because cities refuse to help these people or they are incapable of being helped.
    People find the stupidest reasons to dislike someone. Itís not like he said Deal or No Deal was his favorite television show or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Like George Carlin said a long time ago, there's no money to be made in helping the homeless so it will always be overlooked. Find a way to privatize it where people can make money in exploitation and then you'll see it be inadequately addressed with millions or billions of dollars.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think people get the impression he's not a true New Yorker. Not a city guy at least. I know he was born upstate but its a different world being born and raised in Schenectady as opposed to having grown up in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, etc.

He gives off a insincere vibe, especially when he says his favorite subway stop is Times Square. Most people native of NYC heard that and were like WTF? Only tourists love Times Square. The only good thing about Times Square if you are a native NYC resident is Broadway and maybe a handful of restaurants. Everything else sucks.
    He isn't as good as Hillary at blending in, knowing the lingo and pulse of the city. True he gave the tourist ask to that question, a mistake a good politician wouldn't have made. I think he jumping out of his league going for NYC. I just don't see any background in organizational skills or running anything. He would have done better going for a representative job, being an idea man it would be better to work with legislation than governing a major city.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-19-2021 at 11:26 PM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    People find the stupidest reasons to dislike someone. Itís not like he said Deal or No Deal was his favorite television show or anything

I won't argue that. As someone who is a fellow Nyer (I'm assuming), we don't like inauthentic. We know when you're just trying to kiss our *** for gain. I'm not saying Yang wouldn't be good for the city. I mean anyone has to be better than DeBlasio but he's not looking good in the polls right now. Yang is a guy who has bigger political asperations as well. I think people believe he is only running for mayor of NYC as a stepping stone to do something else.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast