Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    SoÖ suggest a trade that a team with a consistent .300 hitter will make. I donít think anyone can.
    They had three years to do so. If one not available get one in free agency. Any way you look at it they have too many holes with sub par average hitters. I explained it here what would happen for the past few years and it has come to fruition in many games.

On the postgame, nobody is asking Rojas why only six pitches for Lugo and why not use him in the 9th. Seems an obvious question.
    Alright, that question was asked and answered which changes my analysis. Evidently, Lugo was not available for the 9th. So, he felt diaz was his best option. And after Lugo, having used Loup and May having pitched the last two daysÖ heís probably right. Prepare to win two shorties tomorrow.

Lucchesi sounds like a Mensa candidateÖ lol.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who is Rojas supposed to go to in that spot? They had already used their other 3 best RP. This game is on the offense. You can't get 2 hits against guys like Fedde, Finnegan and Hand. That's completely lifeless.
    Exactly

I get that Diaz is not great in those situations, but he is one of your best relievers. He struck out the first batter but the imo blew the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mets really need these other guys coming back. Conforto and McNeil coming back is going to hopefully supplement this offense.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who is Rojas supposed to go to in that spot? They had already used their other 3 best RP. This game is on the offense. You can't get 2 hits against guys like Fedde, Finnegan and Hand. That's completely lifeless.
    I had thought that Lugo, who regularly goes more than one inning, could go in the 9th since he threw only 6 pitches to get that third out in the 8th. But Rojas said that after going 37 pitches two nights ago, Lugo couldnít come back out for the 9th. That explanation changes everything, so I adjusted mine.

I had thought that Lugo, who regularly goes more than one inning, could go in the 9th since he threw only 6 pitches to get that third out in the 8th. But Rojas said that after going 37 pitches two nights ago, Lugo couldnít come back out for the 9th. That explanation changes everything, so I adjusted mine.
    I was just asking that question generally. Not directed at anyone. My thing is you have to go by what your pitchers tell you, their body language, and how you used them recently. All that in mind, then add the fact that there is still another 100 games to go as well. Its a tricky balancing act.

This is solely on the offense imo. You have to find a way to score runs especially against a mediocre SP like Fedde.

Mets @ Nationals

The main takeaway...we got shutout by non TORP pitchers two nights in a row.

No one deserves as much blame as the lineup. Specifically, the regulars.

If Pete wants to be considered a leader, he needs to step his game up. If Lindor doesnít want to hear the boo birds, he needs to step his game up. If Dom wants to stay in the lineup when Conforto and Nimmo come back, he needs to step his game up.

We are scoring the second fewest runs per game in all of baseball.

Our team ERA is fantastic. Our bullpen has been managed fairly well as evidenced by the ERA and our record once we get a lead.

Our pitching has been so good that we are considerably over .500 despite scoring nearly the fewest runs in all of baseball.

We thought pitching might be a big need. They need a big bat because yes the regulars suck and the replacements eventually will regress.

I missed the game. So did the Mets hitters, apparently.

Gotta score some runs. Looks like Nido has come back to Earth. McCann could play a little more now.

Lindor just canít stay hot. Awful 1st half offensively. Hopefully McNeil and Conforto can inject some life into this offense. Nimmo and JD will be needed as well. The subs did a fine job, but we need our guys back. Alonsoís offense has been disappointing.

Side note, Iím not sure why Diaz has used a translator in his interviews. His English is fine, he answered the questions about tonight very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    We thought pitching might be a big need. They need a big bat because yes the regulars suck and the replacements eventually will regress.

Ok, I can admit when Iím wrong. We need our regulars back. Though Iím not sure I want JD playing 3rd everyday. Villar is plenty good enough. But you were right. Conforto, McNeil and Nimmo are absolutely needed. At this point Smith can sit; so we can have a good CF out there. I do think we need to trade for a SP and a really good CF or another hitter
    I downloaded free trading app and have been making a lot of money ever since. Everything green energy is flying

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Ok, I can admit when Iím wrong. We need our regulars back. Though Iím not sure I want JD playing 3rd everyday. Villar is plenty good enough. But you were right. Conforto, McNeil and Nimmo are absolutely needed. At this point Smith can sit; so we can have a good CF out there. I do think we need to trade for a SP and a really good CF or another hitter
    JD canít start. Weíll never have enough offense to make up for it. This team needs defense and pitching to win.

Rojas made the right calls last night. We just didn't score any runs and Diaz finally was off.. If happens. No need to overreact. Go get em today.

https://twitter.com/justinctoscano/s...481121794?s=21

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast