Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Diaz useless in non save situations. Mets hitters useless as usual. I said it to many times that Alonso is not that good and neither is Lindor or most if their offense. They have no **** in post season with everyone batting below .250. No speed and one shot at hit and run and Nido reverting to his old bad hitting.

The bad decisions by Rojas and GM in need of getting one guy who can actually hit over .300.
    Lindor just absolutely pathetic and no sense argument no. Fir the money he should be batting almost a hundred points higher. Turner fir the bats us a better okay.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Youíre kidding right? We didnít score a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Read my post a few boxes up and then tell me why Iím wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    Another junkballer just tossed 7 scoreless innings. Back to back pathetic performance by the offense
    What do you expect from a sub oar offense to begin with. Even when they score or win n games they struggle way to often with guys in scoring position. They will need to trade some guys for a great hitter if they can. Not another showboat like Lindor. Lindor has showed me nothing and for the money he signed for he robbed the Mets. The guy us hitt No .75 to .100 points below what they paid him for.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    We didnít score a run. Thatís why youíll always be wrong.

Mets @ Nationals

Luis could have put guillorme in to pitch the 9th, and Iíd still hang the loss on the lineup.

Cant blame your manager for using your best reliever.

Main problem is they canít score and donít assume that even with a runner on second they will score.

Quote Originally Posted by 68METSFAN View Post
    What do you expect from a sub oar offense to begin with. Even when they score or win n games they struggle way to often with guys in scoring position. They will need to trade some guys for a great hitter if they can. Not another showboat like Lindor. Lindor has showed me nothing and for the money he signed for he robbed the Mets. The guy us hitt No .75 to .100 points below what they paid him for.
    Maybe youíre discounting the fact that arguably their best four hitters have been on the extended IL because the starts of two of them were subpar, but making some trade now is way premature. Get the regulars back in the lineup and see what happens before overpaying for another likely over the hill player hoping to catch lightning i a bottle one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Cant blame your manager for using your best reliever.

Main problem is they canít score and donít assume that even with a runner on second they will score.

Diaz is not our best reliever in tie or blowout situations. The numbers over three seasons prove that. Your play with a dead offense is to get to the 10th because the rules give you a huge advantage there. Assuming they wonít score with the runner on second is as ridiculous as assuming they will. But you manage for situations that give you the best chance to win. Rojas didnít do that in the 9th inning.

Maybe youíre discounting the fact that arguably their best four hitters have been on the extended IL because the starts of two of them were subpar, but making some trade now is way premature. Get the regulars back in the lineup and see what happens before overpaying for another likely over the hill player hoping to catch lightning i a bottle one more time.
    Sorry to break it to you but they were not super great either. They struck out a lot and left guys on when they had runners on thus year, last year and before that. There comes a time as I have said a million times you need hitters who can hit. Hitters who are consistent and bat near.300 it us just math that the Mets even with analytics can nit figure it out.
    Also their lack if surptustiobsl hitting, poor bunting skills etc. does nit help.

Quote Originally Posted by 68METSFAN View Post
    Sorry to break it to you but they were not super great either. They struck out a lot and left guys on when they had runners on thus year, last year and before that. There comes a time as I have said a million times you need hitters who can hit. Hitters who are consistent and bat near.300 it us just math that the Mets even with analytics can nit figure it out.
    Also their lack if surptustiobsl hitting, poor bunting skills etc. does nit help.
    SoÖ suggest a trade that a team with a consistent .300 hitter will make. I donít think anyone can.

McNeill hit a double and homer for Syracuse tonight. He is hitting .400 with an OPS of 1.171. Given what the Mets bats have done the last two games, it may be time to call him up.

Conforto did not play tonight.

Diaz is not our best reliever in tie or blowout situations. The numbers over three seasons prove that. Your play with a dead offense is to get to the 10th because the rules give you a huge advantage there. Assuming they wonít score with the runner on second is as ridiculous as assuming they will. But you manage for situations that give you the best chance to win. Rojas didnít do that in the 9th inning.
    Rojas has shown me he is an average manager so far. He makes quite a few mistakes and when thus team is going poorly he does nit get them to steal or hit and run enough. Plus the quality of the offense is average at best.

He also needs to teach these guys situational hitting and how to bunt.

On the postgame, nobody is asking Rojas why only six pitches for Lugo and why not use him in the 9th. Seems an obvious question.

we usually do great in doubleheaders i hope this offense wakes up and we really need mcneil and conforto back

Who is Rojas supposed to go to in that spot? They had already used their other 3 best RP. This game is on the offense. You can't get 2 hits against guys like Fedde, Finnegan and Hand. That's completely lifeless.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast