Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,802
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Why the high praise? He's been solid but unspectacular.
    He started off like Heyward bad but the last 2 months has to be almost 900+ ops given that heís now a hair under .800. Iím impressed with him. And lead off spot heís been killin it. Still too streaky, but can carry an offense at times.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Jason Heyward is a straight up bum.

    $23.5 million dollars for a .568 ops.

    Just mind numbing.
    Yeah we got about 8 good months out of that whole deal lmao

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    14,860
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Yeah we got about 8 good months out of that whole deal lmao
    Yep

    Has to be the worst contract in franchise history unless im missing someone.

    In the running for worst contract in Chicago sports history really. I've seen people argue the Brent Seabrook contract, which is arguable, but atleast Seabrook had the decency to quit before he stole every last dollar.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,559
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    He started off like Heyward bad but the last 2 months has to be almost 900+ ops given that heís now a hair under .800. Iím impressed with him. And lead off spot heís been killin it. Still too streaky, but can carry an offense at times.
    That the thing with him, he can tear it up with HRs for 4-5 games, then do pretty much nothing for a couple weeks

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Yep

    Has to be the worst contract in franchise history unless im missing someone.

    In the running for worst contract in Chicago sports history really. I've seen people argue the Brent Seabrook contract, which is arguable, but atleast Seabrook had the decency to quit before he stole every last dollar.
    Edwin Jackson 4 years was pretty terrible

    Heyward years and money combined, yeah it probably the worse

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Yep

    Has to be the worst contract in franchise history unless im missing someone.

    In the running for worst contract in Chicago sports history really. I've seen people argue the Brent Seabrook contract, which is arguable, but atleast Seabrook had the decency to quit before he stole every last dollar.
    Ben Wallace's contract is up there. Sadly, yeah, Heyward's is definitely the worst contract Chicago sports history. Albert Belle's might be #2.
    Screw sabermetics.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,559
    Wouldn't surprise me with Alzolay due back Monday that they either put Arrieta on IL or DFA him to open the roster spot.
    With an off day next Wednesday, they won't need a 5th starter til June 29

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    25,223

    6/18-6/20: Marlins (29-39) at Cubs (39-30) IGT

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Yep

    Has to be the worst contract in franchise history unless im missing someone.

    In the running for worst contract in Chicago sports history really. I've seen people argue the Brent Seabrook contract, which is arguable, but atleast Seabrook had the decency to quit before he stole every last dollar.
    You do realize that Seabrook is still getting paid even if his career is over, right?

    He didnít file his retirement paperwork. Heís going to be placed on LTIR for the remainder of his contract. His contract doesnít count towards the cap, but he still gets paid his full salary.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 06-20-2021 at 01:06 AM.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,802
    If the Cubs are willing to break the prospect bank, John Means would be an incredible get. 3 years of control too.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,472
    Every time i watch Giancarlo Stanton play im so glad we didnt trade for that contract.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,168
    Adames has been great for the Brewers. Pretty much beat the Rockies by himself last night.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,275
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Adames has been great for the Brewers. Pretty much beat the Rockies by himself last night.
    And proof that needs can be filled before the deadline.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,559
    https://twitter.com/Taylor_McGregor/...705942016?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,456
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Taylor_McGregor/...705942016?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Sucks for Stock, feel kinda bad for him after seeing his social media post. But its doesn't matter how hard you throw if you can't throw strikes.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,990
    https://twitter.com/tonyandracki23/s...861161475?s=21


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •