Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Id pick Ohtani mainly because i feel Vladdy taking huge advantage of playing home games first at the ST site in Florida and now at the Minor league field in Buffalo , if you look at his home/away splits it pretty one sided..

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Maybe so. I donít think his away numbers are that far off from his home numbers. Not as good, but itís not that far off that I think he has some huge advantage playing a bunch of games in Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Maybe so. I donít think his away numbers are that far off from his home numbers. Not as good, but itís not that far off that I think he has some huge advantage playing a bunch of games in Buffalo.
    His numbers have gotten better on road since i looked a couple weeks ago..

This one starting out terribly

Guess the only starter we can count on is Hendricks

Jed better be on the phone trying to get a SP right now.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

This one feels like itís already over with the way they have been hitting this month + Lopez is pretty good .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

6/18-6/20: Marlins (29-39) at Cubs (39-30) IGT

They are going to have to cut Arrieta at some point . Itís just a matter of how soon they can get a SP

The Cubs stockpile of starting pitchers incapable of missing bats in this current baseball climate is actually kind of amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Jed better be on the phone trying to get a SP right now.
    Problem is, they need 2 TOR type starters if playoffs and winning the WS is the ultimate goal this season, plus they need that backup catcher, and whatever else upgrade they can use..

First im not sure there going to be 2 sure TOR type starters available, and im not sure i really want them to unload good prospects, especially with the uncertainty of the core FA

Id be happy if they just replace Arrieta and Williams(put him in pen) with 2 good arms that could be a part of rotation next year

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Problem is, they need 2 TOR type starters if playoffs and winning the WS is the ultimate goal this season, plus they need that backup catcher, and whatever else upgrade they can use..

First im not sure there going to be 2 sure TOR type starters available, and im not sure i really want them to unload good prospects, especially with the uncertainty of the core FA

Id be happy if they just replace Arrieta and Williams(put him in pen) with 2 good arms that could be a part of rotation next year

Middle of the road starters would be an improvement. Sneak in to the playoffs and see what happens.
    And the perpetual need for an OF, two if weíre being honest, is more important than backup catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Middle of the road starters would be an improvement. Sneak in to the playoffs and see what happens.
    And the perpetual need for an OF, two if weíre being honest, is more important than backup catcher.
    Sort of ready to move on from Happ TBH next offseason if possible .

so, the cubs are heading towards being swept at home, again, but the Marlins. Cool, cool.

Serves this franchise right that they rather get FA via dumpster diving instead of spending money.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    There more problems with this team then SP though..
    They have 2 everyday OFers that just sucks in Heyward and Happ, core guys like Rizzo Baez and Contreras are still pretty much struggling overall with the bats.

Theyve been surviving mostly on the bullpen and random bench guys that had hot streaks

There just too much uncertainty and needed upgrades for me to be ok with them trading away a bunch of good prospects to hopefully compete and all

Just let him go 100 pitches now and take the punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    so, the cubs are heading towards being swept at home, again, but the Marlins. Cool, cool.

Serves this franchise right that they rather get FA via dumpster diving instead of spending money.
    Yeah their plan wasn't to really compete with the SP they put together, the bullpen and random bench guys getting hot along with the division not being all that great has kept them afloat, but going forward were gonna be seeing just how bad this team really is built...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast