Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mavs Name Dirk Advisor

With all the turmoil going on down there, Cuban trying to right the ship. Per Marc Stein the Mavs are hiring Dirk as a special advisor with his 2 main tasks being finding a new president of basketball operations then to assist in finding a new head coach.

One of the best things the Mavs could do. I would say the top two candidates for the new GM position are Masai Ujiri and Michael Finley who has been the VP of Basketball Operations for the Mavs for about the last 7 years.

If Finley is the guy they hire as GM I would say the top coaching candidate for the Mavs would be Jamal Mosley who is close to Luka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    One of the best things the Mavs could do. I would say the top two candidates for the new GM position are Masai Ujiri and Michael Finley who has been the VP of Basketball Operations for the Mavs for about the last 7 years.

If Finley is the guy they hire as GM I would say the top coaching candidate for the Mavs would be Jamal Mosley who is close to Luka.

I could easily see it being Finley and Mosley, either way both have a tall task in putting a solid team around Luka and taking them to the promise land.

Would not be bad but Finley doesn't have experience. That is not to say he won't have success. He may.

Hes German

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Since you seem to be the last Mavs fan around, are you wishing Silas was still a coach so hed get the promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Hes German

Its his birthday tomorrow. Give him a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Its his birthday tomorrow. Give him a call.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Would not be bad but Finley doesn't have experience. That is not to say he won't have success. He may.
    Well he has been the VP of Basketball Operations for about the last 7 years. Hes been working side by side with Donnie. He also interviewed for the Bulls GM job last year. I believe he was a final 2 candidate.

But youre right, hes be a rookie GM and as much as I like Finley I dont know if hes the guy Id be ready to trust building a contending team around Luka. I would still prefer Masai Ujiri.

As for who I would want as HC, obviously the new GM will pick the guy but if it were me Im leaning towards Jamahl Mosley.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Since you seem to be the last Mavs fan around, are you wishing Silas was still a coach so hed get the promotion?
    Yea I like Silas but honestly I think I prefer Jamahl Mosley over Silas. Mosley is wide liked by players around the league. Im sure Silas is too but Mosley actually played in the NBA. Mosley also has a close relationship with Luka.

Also hopefully Dirk can repair the KP/Luka relationship if KP can't be traded.

Dirk got bored of retirement lol needed something to do

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Also hopefully Dirk can repair the KP/Luka relationship if KP can't be traded.
    He should smack them both and say you know how long it took them to get me a co -star... make it work lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Dirk got bored of retirement lol needed something to do
    Its funny because there was a point during the season where I was thinking, Dirk has been coming to A LOT of games this year. Even showing up at road games. He was also at every playoff game (road and home). I was thinking, I wonder if hes ready to be part of the front office or a coach or something because hes been around a lot this year.

I dont think that there was a specific plan to bring him on this year and like you said hes probably just been bored. But either way Im glad he was there to save the Mavs *** again.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...059817986?s=21

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast