Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Roster construction much
    I just find it odd,

After making $30.3M in 2020-21, next season Simmons makes $33M, then $35.5M, then $37.9M and finally $40.3M in 2024-25. Case you haven't noticed he's got a gaping hole in his game that makes it seem as if Philly's playing 4 on 5 offensively. Guy has mad skills but this has been an eye-opening series for all to see. Defenders hardly even pay attention to him when he's out on the perimeter.
    Sixers are gonna need all the good fortune in the world dealing that contract...esp. for a player like SGA.

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    After making $30.3M in 2020-21, next season Simmons makes $33M, then $35.5M, then $37.9M and finally $40.3M in 2024-25. Case you haven't noticed he's got a gaping hole in his game that makes it seem as if Philly's playing 4 on 5 offensively. Guy has mad skills but this has been an eye-opening series for all to see. Defenders hardly even pay attention to him when he's out on the perimeter.
    Sixers are gonna need all the good fortune in the world dealing that contract...esp. for a player like SGA.
    I think you're posting in the wrong thread bro. This one is about the OKC-Boston trade for Walker & Horford.

Presti is going to work with Kemba to get him to his desired destination, like he did Hill, CP3, Horford, Green, Westbrook, Paul George, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Presti is going to work with Kemba to get him to his desired destination, like he did Hill, CP3, Horford, Green, Westbrook, Paul George, etc.
    Yep.

I think he ends up with the Lakers for a package built around Kuzma

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think he ends up with the Lakers for a package built around Kuzma
    KCP and Kuzma works, but Lakers are gonna most likely have to add that 2027 first round pick to it. If I'm the Lakers, I'd be trying to put some sort of protections on it, if possible.

In the grander scheme though, I doubt adding another injury prone dude to injury prone AD and aging LeBron is wise BUT I understand they may have no other choice.

KCP and Kuzma works, but Lakers are gonna most likely have to add that 2027 first round pick to it. If I'm the Lakers, I'd be trying to put some sort of protections on it, if possible.

In the grander scheme though, I doubt adding another injury prone dude to injury prone AD and aging LeBron is wise BUT I understand they may have no other choice.
    Walker wasnít really injury prone in Charlotte was he? I donít really remember but if healthy he can be a nice piece for the Lakers where he could focus more on scoring while lebron facilitates the ball. I think he was having a hard time differing in Boston where as in Charlotte he was the primary scoring option. I think he could have a bounce back year in a better suited role and some luck with health. High risk high reward situation.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Walker wasnít really injury prone in Charlotte was he? I donít really remember but if healthy he can be a nice piece for the Lakers where he could focus more on scoring while lebron facilitates the ball. I think he was having a hard time differing in Boston where as in Charlotte he was the primary scoring option. I think he could have a bounce back year in a better suited role and some luck with health. High risk high reward situation.
    Allegedly he has arthritis in his knees. Idk if you watch NFL but Todd Gurley has the same thing and basically took him from a top RB to outta the league in a couple season span.

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    they will have 0 issues trading him... they will get quite a bit for him as well. He is 24 years old and is overrated by all gms around the league... we also traded a 49 year old horford on a 100 million dollar contract which nobody thought was possible

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    they will have 0 issues trading him... they will get quite a bit for him as well. He is 24 years old and is overrated by all gms around the league... we also traded a 49 year old horford on a 100 million dollar contract which nobody thought was possible
    You glossed over some huge context here.

Traded Horford for a much worse player (who has played horrible this series before going down with injury), traded Maledon to grease the trade (who could be a solid role player), traded a 2025 draft pick (TBD how this shakes out), and missed a huge opportunity to use the last cap space the team will have available for at least until 2024 on a more useful player that summer (Brogdon? Rozier? etc.).

So, yes, Philly will be able to trade Simmons easily, but also let's frame the context:
    Trading him also easily at an all-time low in his player value, after wasted opportunity cost of Embiid's prime (doesn't appear he will have a really long prime), and likely for a number of other missed opportunity costs surrounding previous trades that were available, or internal opportunities (Butler extension, etc.), and dependent on if they have to add more draft picks, future potential cost.

Horford is washed. He's going to be like the Marc Gasol Laker, tail end Raptor version.

Kemba might be able to put up digits and up his trade value in OKC. Presti might be avle to swing him for another first if things go well.

Trade might end up being Horford for 2 first!

Allegedly he has arthritis in his knees. Idk if you watch NFL but Todd Gurley has the same thing and basically took him from a top RB to outta the league in a couple season span.
    Dam I didn't even know that. I feel for the dude. Walker was such a likable player before the injuries started piling up on him. When he got traded to the Celtics I thought finally this is his chance to start winning... and then we know how that turned out. Sucks.

Just figured I'd drop this here since it's my point of reference when I try to remember where all the teams stand.

https://basketball.******.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

Celtics after all that asset wealth have no incoming firsts. OKC is NUTS. Pels and Rockets have a ton incoming too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just figured I'd drop this here since it's my point of reference when I try to remember where all the teams stand.

https://basketball.******.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

Celtics after all that asset wealth have no incoming firsts. OKC is NUTS. Pels and Rockets have a ton incoming too.
    Bc it is PSD's rival site it made it a bad word lol but that is what I use as well.

The Thunder are filthy rich with picks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast