Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: A's @ Yankees

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Good point, I agree I could see him struggling a bit the 3rd time through like he used to but he never had an effective CU till this yr.

When you factor into all the starting pitching we already have and even more coming, I do absolutely agree that he could be our next closer. A few of us have been speculating that that Loaisiga could become our next closer for a while now
    I certainly see the allure to trying him out but I would rather keep him doing what he's doing

Ignorance is bliss

Can you believe it! Another triple play!

that has to be a record 3 triple plays in one season..

That is bat **** crazy

That was awesome.

My concern is Chappy. No strike zone and that ball was tattooed

What a way to win!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100%. Marte is the best possible guy IMO. He can play anywhere. Switch hitter. contact hitter.
    It'w weird because the farm is stacked but they need to move bodies off the 40 man to make room for Marte.
    I hope they don't bank on Torres as the future SS. This team needs a few lefty bats. The only spots you can add them are in the OF if you move Frazier or Andujar or wait till next year when Gardner is gone.
    Would you move Gio and Voit? Make room for Peraza (lefty) and trade for Frazier at 2nd. DJ goes to first and Torres to third?
    Or make a move for Rizzo? This team could also use a lefty bat to break up Judge, Stanton, Sanchez and Torres
    my ideal situation would be trade Voit/Frazier as part of a package for K Marte. Marte can play a very good SS/2nd if we needed. Then next yr, unless Seager falls in our laps, I would go with Peraza at SS and move Torres back to 2nd.
    DJ 1st
    Judge RF
    Sanchez C
    Stanton DH
    Marte CF
    Gio 3rd
    Torres 2nd
    Andujar RF
    Peraza SS

Looks pretty good to me. If they could move Andujar in a package for a LHed OFer , that would help balance the lineup even more.

While the last few games have been incredibly exciting, If Chappy could go back to not walking the bases full and not having these adventuresome outings anymore, that would be great.

This looks like a completely different team than a week ago. We won 5-6 from 2 very tough teams and we played really well. Hopefully the offense keeps producing the rest of the yr

my ideal situation would be trade Voit/Frazier as part of a package for K Marte. Marte can play a very good SS/2nd if we needed. Then next yr, unless Seager falls in our laps, I would go with Peraza at SS and move Torres back to 2nd.
    DJ 1st
    Judge RF
    Sanchez C
    Stanton DH
    Marte CF
    Gio 3rd
    Torres 2nd
    Andujar RF
    Peraza SS

Looks pretty good to me. If they could move Andujar in a package for a LHed OFer , that would help balance the lineup even more.
    I love Gio but he has two years of Arb left. He will 30 this year and since I doubt they give him a contract, I wouldn't be opposed to moving him in the off season. He should get a nice return or be part of a really big deal.

Bottom line, from my perspective, the easiest guys to move are going to be Voit, Gio, Frazier,, Andujar and Sanchez.
    Judge is the face of the franchise. Torres is too good and too young.
    I doubt they move Sanchez. That leaves Voit, Gio, Frazier, Andujar and Andujar is too young and controlled to move. So I feel like Voit, Gio and Clint are the guys you can swap out for some lefty presence

Ignorance is bliss

While the last few games have been incredibly exciting, If Chappy could go back to not walking the bases full and not having these adventuresome outings anymore, that would be great.

This looks like a completely different team than a week ago. We won 5-6 from 2 very tough teams and we played really well. Hopefully the offense keeps producing the rest of the yr
    Boone is actually acting like a manager. It's a bit unnerving when I like his moves.
    Bunting, moving runners...

Ignorance is bliss

chapman has a nail issue...that probably accounts for his wildness..

I love Gio but he has two years of Arb left. He will 30 this year and since I doubt they give him a contract, I wouldn't be opposed to moving him in the off season. He should get a nice return or be part of a really big deal.

Bottom line, from my perspective, the easiest guys to move are going to be Voit, Gio, Frazier,, Andujar and Sanchez.
    I doubt they move Sanchez. That leaves Voit, Gio, Frazier, Andujar and Andujar is too young and controlled to move. So I feel like Voit, Gio and Clint are the guys you can swap out for some lefty presence
    gleyber has 6 home runs in the last 362 at bats he is not a great talent anymore if he does not turn it around i would not mind trading him off season

A's @ Yankees

I didnít see the game but saw a replay of the triple play on Twitter. I guess itís someone off the bench but it looks like heís wearing a blue pullover and he does this leap and jump from excitement! Heís lucky he didnít hurt himself, if you get a chance check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 06-20-2021 at 05:36 PM.

At my age if I jumped like that Iíd probably break something [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd listen on anybody but to actually move Gio the return would have to be big. Gio is one of the better defensive players at 3B around, plays a solid SS also, hits to contact, hits well situationally and seems to have that clutch gene. I'm just not sure your going to find a better option at 3rd for the next couple yrs, that said for the right return i would understand the move.

I think if you put Torres back at 2nd, where he belongs IMO, i would bet on seeing his hitting going back to closer to what he was. Way to young and talented to move on from.

Agreed that they aren't moving Judge, but that means they are going to have to pay him long term and with Stanton already signed forever that could be an issue. I think paying those 2 a combined 50M plus into their late 30's is setting themselves up for problems.

I know everyone loves Gary again and he could easily end up being an AS again, that said if he finishes the season really strong how do you not atleast gauge his market? With as bad as the rest of catching is around baseball some team might give us a big return and we have a number of interesting C specs not to far away

Send Voit, Frazier, Garcia and Krispe or Abreau, although i'd like to see more from Abreau, to AZ for K Marte. That would free up 3 40 man spots.

Then find a strong LH bat that could platoon in RF with Andujar this off season.

Bottom line i think they need to add atleast 2 LHed or SH to that lineup.

An OF of Judge, K Marte, Andujar, with Hicks being the 4th OFer might not be to bad

Boone is actually acting like a manager. It's a bit unnerving when I like his moves.
    Bunting, moving runners...
    I haven't wanted to throw a shoe at my TV with Boone lately.

It seems like he has been going with the hot hand in the lineup, like Sanchez, even if the anals say differently. He's actually looked like a manager, not a puppet for a CPU the last 2 series.

He's been making the right moves, especially late in games that i haven't seen him traditionally do in the past. He really looked like he was managing a playoff series the last 2 rather than just another regular season series. He probably realized he was coaching for his job, if they had gotten beaten badly these last 2 series it would be hard to believe he wouldn't be on his way out.

Hopefully something clicked upstairs for him and he realized that if they kept massively under performing like they were he wouldn't have a job next yr and he would likely be taking his buddy Cashman down with him.

There is really nothing that Boone could do to make me want him back but if he continues to actually manage games like he has been the last 6, he's got a much better chance a keeping his job.

Cashman has got to go and get a better CFer than Gardy soon though
    Last edited by dayners81; 06-20-2021 at 06:25 PM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    No way would I trade Gio. Unless they're going into a rebuild.

I just love the way he plays the game and he's too valuable to me.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

It ain't Broke!!!

I also think by next year, we could see 4-6 guys from the farm make legit cases for roles.
    We will likely go into next year with Cole-Sevy-German- Monty and have Garcia, Schmidt, King, Gil, Waldichuk and even potentially Medina, making moves for the bigs

This could be so ****ing fun to watch!!
    What about this year! Sevy not likely to return on schedule due to recent set back. Kluber is a concern. Sure there is help on the horizon, but I am thinking shorter term....like this month and next.

Garcia getting lit up recently. King looks good, Schmidt as well....but neither have the stuff that Loiasiga does. Gil, Waldichuk and Medina haven't proved anything on the ML level. I agree the future looks bright, but I am also concerned about the present.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast