Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A's @ Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Nice job Boone!
    A little fire. Finally
    game should have been over due to no strike 3 call the ump did not call and on a miscue at first..

This team has one #1 Pitcher, 2 #4s and 2 #5s. That's some rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    This team has one #1 Pitcher, 2 #4s and 2 #5s. That's some rotation
    Yet, somehow they have managed to win 4 of the last 5.

Kluber who looked every bit the number 2 we signed him to be got hurt and Sevy who should be our 3 had a setback. Not counting on them coming back, but if they get back in August, we should be OK

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

Kluber who looked every bit the number 2 we signed him to be got hurt and Sevy who should be our 3 had a setback. Not counting on them coming back, but if they get back in August, we should be OK

I always knew that this team would come back today....I just had that feeling as I called perfectly.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Gary batting 3rd?

Come on Cashman!

Take your computers and shove it!
    It sure is doing wonders today!

This roster is terrible!

Bottom of order are collectively .193
    And OBA is .295

Gardy is too old
    Frazier stinks!
    Odor is just awful

German was atrocious today.
    Those aged well Nicky... and when did you call this come back?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

This team really went downhill after the Kluber injury. Huge loss. Put a lot more pressure on the other pitchers too.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This team really went downhill after the Kluber injury. Huge loss. Put a lot more pressure on the other pitchers too.
    Agreed. Losing Kluber just when he had had put it all together sucked.. Up until his injury he had been everything we could have hoped for.

If, huge if, they make the playoffs and IF Kluber and Sevy come back I'm really not to worried about our playoff rotation.

Hopefully, now with the offense looking like they have come alive and with Voit back next week, can carry us most of the summer till where able to get some rotation help. After this latest injury i'm not going to count on Sevy coming back but we should see Kluber in late July or so.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The FO was relying heavily on Taillon being a #1 and Kluber staying healthy the entire year. This misguided faith is what has led to their demise. It's possible the season could still be saved if Kluber comes back healthy, ditto for Severino, but my confidence in their hitting is literally at a zero right now.

It sure is doing wonders today!

This roster is terrible!

Bottom of order are collectively .193
    And OBA is .295

Gardy is too old
    Frazier stinks!
    Odor is just awful

German was atrocious today.

But hopefully the bullpen can keep it close as I feel we can make the comeback! I just have that feeling we will pull it off today.

I guess you missed Gary's home run. Worked out just fine.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I always knew that this team would come back today....I just had that feeling as I called perfectly.

And a few game ago you INCORRECTLY predicted you were disgusted with the team and was leaving the board if they lost the game, which they did. Now here you are gloating. When you get one prediction correct out of 10, you're not predicting clearly.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The FO was relying heavily on Taillon being a #1 and Kluber staying healthy the entire year. This misguided faith is what has led to their demise. It's possible the season could still be saved if Kluber comes back healthy, ditto for Severino, but my confidence in their hitting is literally at a zero right now.
    Imo, Tallion was never considered a #1, at best a #3, possibly a #4 behind Monty. Kluber on the other hand was a gamble that paid dividends and could have been a solid #2 based on performance prior to injury. Sevy would have been a shot in the arm at the time he was needed most.

I still believe and maintain their best arm behind Cole is Loaisiga. I realize he is invaluable in the pen, I also realize there are questions about keeping him healthy. But desperate times require desperate measures. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo, Tallion was never considered a #1, at best a #3, possibly a #4 behind Monty. Kluber on the other hand was a gamble that paid dividends and could have been a solid #2 based on performance prior to injury. Sevy would have been a shot in the arm at the time he was needed most.

I still believe and maintain their best arm behind Cole is Loaisiga. I realize he is invaluable in the pen, I also realize there are questions about keeping him healthy. But desperate times require desperate measures. Just my opinion.
    I would absolutely agree with you, except for the fact that yankees gave a prospect package for Taillon exceeding what they gave for a healthy Sonny Gray. You don't do that for someone on their second TJ surgery because you're expecting a backend starter. The yankees had every opportunity to get a #4 from free agency without the risk of trading anyone. A number 3 pitcher or better probably would have cost them a measly 7 million, which is what Taijuan Walker cost. No, they were definitely hanging their hopes on Taillon being another Cole. You may disagree with that but the evidence seems to support my theory.

big 2 out double by gary to give the yanks the lead that looked like the old gary going to right field on a away pitch..

Holy Gary, what a turn around by him in the last month plus. This is a completely different lineup when he's in their and hot

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast