Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Useless post. Positive or negative? Evidence?
    Useless to you because you are a welfare participant. Or in your own words...you're sucking off the government's teat. I have private insurance. I pay more for that private insurance because of ACA. There's your evidence. It's negative. Questions?
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 06-18-2021 at 10:21 AM.

The decision was not on the merits of Obamacare. The court simply said the states failed to show that they had legal standing to file the suit in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Useless to you because you are a welfare participant. Or in your own words...you're sucking off the government's teat. I have private insurance. I pay more for that private insurance because of ACA. There's your evidence. It's negative. Questions?
    No questions. You answered as I expected.

But I will say that I am not losing any sleep over the fact that I am currently a beneficiary of Social Security and Medicare, and neither am I losing sleep over the fact that both programs are funded by taxes that folks like you must pay.

You equate SS and Medicare...with welfare?
    You pay in your entire life, with no option not to, to receive those benefits.

I'd agree, however, that private insurance costs increased with ACA
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

But aren't you a gagillionaire? Any Democratic policy is made to make you pay more so you can provide a bunch of useless losers aka people who make minimum wage something without having to pick themselves up by their bootstraps?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

This isn't true across all demographics you know that right? THis is dependent on your income status, how many kids you have, and how old you are.

And once again you're unwilling to state your position on policy, because you're a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    But aren't you a gagillionaire? Any Democratic policy is made to make you pay more so you can provide a bunch of useless losers aka people who make minimum wage something without having to pick themselves up by their bootstraps?
    Holy putting words in someone's mouth batman.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    This isn't true across all demographics you know that right? THis is dependent on your income status, how many kids you have, and how old you are.

And once again you're unwilling to state your position on policy, because you're a coward.
    What policy am I not stating chicken little?

And you are absolutely wrong. Private insurance increased across the board with the introduction of ACA. Regardless of status.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You equate SS and Medicare...with welfare?
    You pay in your entire life, with no option not to, to receive those benefits.

I'd agree, however, that private insurance costs increased with ACA
    Just using the man's own words.

Just using the man's own words.
    I did use those words (I do not think, however, that I called it welfare per se).

Nevertheless, and call it what you will, the fact is that I do receive regular benefits from the government. I am not ashamed of it — as some appear to wish me to be — and furthermore I am happy to have contributed my part to both programs from 1969 to 2020, wherein I was able to provide in some small way for those deserving men and women older than I, most of whom (as I noted in a recent post) were of “the greatest generation”.

By the way, a funny thing about your earlier post is that I still have to supplement both SS and Medicare with private resources (not complaining at all, mind you).

I did use those words (I do not think, however, that I called it welfare per se).

Nevertheless, and call it what you will, the fact is that I do receive regular benefits from the government. I am not ashamed of it — as some appear to wish me to be — and furthermore I am happy to have contributed my part to both programs from 1969 to 2020, wherein I was able to provide in some small way for those deserving men and women older than I, most of whom (as I noted in a recent post) were of “the greatest generation”.

By the way, a funny thing about your earlier post is that I still have to supplement both SS and Medicare with private resources (not complaining at all, mind you).
    And I will also be in a situation where I receive regular benefits at some point in my life after contributing a **** load. I brought up you sucking off the government's teat because it is why my comment was useless to you. If you were still working for pay and insurance, it wouldn't be a useless comment.

Social Security and Medicare aren't welfare because rich people get them too. That's the distinction regardless whatever other breakdown anyone tries to use. It's the same way how money that gets sent to big business isn't welfare. If only poorer people get it, then it's welfare and must be expunged.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

And I will also be in a situation where I receive regular benefits at some point in my life after contributing a **** load. I brought up you sucking off the government's teat because it is why my comment was useless to you. If you were still working for pay and insurance, it wouldn't be a useless comment.
    I labeled your original post* useless simply because you did not identify in it what kind of impact you meant. Impact is impact. Sure, given your general stance on things, I suppose I could assume that you thought the ACA had a negative impact (i.e., made your health insurance more costly), but I elected not to assume anything — a rare choice, I admit, on PSD. Hence, your original comment had no value, plus or minus.

ACA had a massive impact on the cost of private insurance.

What policy am I not stating chicken little?

And you are absolutely wrong. Private insurance increased across the board with the introduction of ACA. Regardless of status.
    That's not actually true. Some people are getting private insurance for a LOT less than they could before. Pre ACA my brother's quote for private insurance was $8k a month because he had so many health issues. Now they can't deny him and it is $90 a month (after subsidy).

That said, my private insurance has quintupled since ACA came into effect.

I labeled your original post* useless simply because you did not identify in it what kind of impact you meant. Impact is impact. Sure, given your general stance on things, I suppose I could assume that you thought the ACA had a negative impact (i.e., made your health insurance more costly), but I elected not to assume anything — a rare choice, I admit, on PSD. Hence, your original comment had no value, plus or minus.

Well, excuse me for assuming the obvious would be obvious. Just the simple fact that the poster I responded to asked this...
    Reactionaries. The whole lot of them! It would be comical if anyone actually was livid about this. Like, what does it matter? Lots more people are covered [insert usual criticism of the quality and cost of the coverage] and there's no possible way it has impacted your life one single bit.
    ...makes it even more obvious what kind of impact I menat.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast