Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

0 0%
  • Split

3 100.00%
  • Sox Win Series

0 0%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chicago White Sox (43-25) @ Houston Astros (39-28) | 6/17 - 6/20

Chicago White Sox (43-25) @ Houston Astros (39-28)
    Minute Maid Park - Houston, TX | 6/17 - 6/20

Thursday June 17, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Dylan Cease, RHP (5-2, 3.38 ERA) vs. Jose Urquidy, RHP (4-3, 3.77 ERA)

Chicago: Cease will be making his second career start against Houston but his first appearance at Minute Maid Park. Cease has allowed two runs and struck out 17 over his last 12 innings in two starts, both coming vs. Detroit.
    Houston: Urquidy gave up three solo homers last Friday against the Twins, but those were the only blemishes in his seven innings effort. He's allowed 11 homers and issued 11 walks 62 innings this season and has five quality starts.

Friday June 18, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Carlos Rodon, LHP (6-2, 1.89 ERA) vs. Luis Garcia, RHP (5-4, 2.98 ERA)

Chicago: Rodon took a no hitter into the seventh inning Sunday against the Tigers but settled for his third start this season of allowing no hits or one. Rodon has recorded 97 strikeouts over 66-2/3 innings while allowing only 39 hits.
    Houston: Garcia had won five consecutive starts before giving up four runs (three earned) in 4-1/3 innings in last Saturday's loss to the Twins. As a starterm he has a 3.14 ERA and 1.06 WHIP in 57-1/3 innings.

Saturday June 19, 2021 @ 6:15pm CT on Fox
    Lance Lynn, RHP (7-2, 1.51 ERA) vs. Framber Valdez, LHP (3-0, 1.42 ERA)

Chicago: Lynn had a personal six game winnings streak come to an end Monday Night in a 5-2 setback to the Rays. Lynn fanned eight over six innings, marking his fifth start this season with eight or more strikeouts.
    Houston: Valdez was dominant in his most recent outing at Minnesota on Sunday, holding the Twins to two runs (one earned) over seven innings. He has a 1.27 ERA and a 0.94 WHIP over three starts in June.

Sunday June 20, 2021 @ 1:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Dallas Keuchel, LHP (6-1, 3.78 ERA) vs. Lance McCullers, RHP (3-1, 2.89 ERA)

Chicago: The left hander pitched the first seven years of his career for the Astros but will be making his first start as a visitor at Minute Maid Park. McCullers whom Keuchel referred to as being like his son, starts for Houston.
    Houston: McCullers was on a pitch count in his start vs. Texas on Tuesday, his first since returning from the IL with shoulder soreness. He yielded an earned run over 4-1/3 innings, using only a fastball-changeup combination in the first three innings.

Hate guys getting hurt, but it seems fair that we get to avoid Bregman this series. Thatís a lucky break for us. They have the deepest lineup in beisbol though, so they are equipped to handle 1 loss.

Rodon throwing gas on the fire, with his comments regarding Rob Boyfredís handling of the Astros cheating scandal. I love it, especially the timing of it. Rodonís got some giant walnuts in his pockets right now. Oozing with confidence and competitive as hell. Ace mentality!

I will settle fast for a split
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Definitely going to be an interesting game for the Rodon start. I'll also settle for a split but man taking 3 out of 4 would be tremendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Definitely going to be an interesting game for the Rodon start. I'll also settle for a split but man taking 3 out of 4 would be tremendous.
    That would be a huge statement.

We need Cease to have a good start vs. a good team tonight. That's the one spot he's still struggling.

Winning yesterday was huge. Iíd be happy with a split, but giddy with 3 of 4.

The win yesterday takes some pressure off. If we split we go 4-3 against 2 of the best teams in baseball. Even 1 of 4 puts us at 3-4 against both. A loss yesterday, and a 1 of 4 trip to Houston would have put us at 2-5 collectively..yuck!

Is Greinke hurt? If not avoiding him is a bargain in this series because if this is the Stros SP rotation 2 to 4 IMO not scary.

At least a split, but won't be surprise 3 of 4 or a sweep. Moncada should be back, think his illness is from his Covid last year, and the bats need to use this hitter friendly juice name venue to show this team has the bats to match as of now the best pitching staff in the MLB.

Hands down. Check the stats. In the top 5 except SV with various # teams that fluctuate in the same key stats.

And all 5 SP are 1st half MVP for this team with key bats IL outs with Eloy in spring training.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Greinke pitched yesterday and won't pitch this series.

Cease is clown school vs good teams. Not Detroit.

Intimidation or nerves is his problem.

To be fair, the 1st inning he had 1 bad AB, but yeah itís probably a combo of nerves and obviously facing good hitting.

Until he proves he can beat good teams though, Keuchel likely gets the 4 spot in the playoffs. Lotta season to get it together though.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Until he proves he can beat good teams though, Keuchel likely gets the 4 spot in the playoffs. Lotta season to get it together though.
    I was just about to say this.

I would 100 percent trust Keuchel as the 4th playoff starter over Cease.

I don't think Kopech is starting at all this season. Do you think he'll get anything more than spot starts?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    That is obvious as I'm done defending him as a future at least number 3.

Pay Giolito., Lynn and Rodon. Think JR ponies up to the 145 to 150 range with this team. Just need no greed ridiculous I want major talent money by all 3. Or be like Tom Brady that never broke NE being the highest paid QB, money is there and championship are glory. No were near the luxury tax also to keep SP set with obvious Cease is a place holder for Kopech in 2022.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast