Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

0 0%
  • Split

3 100.00%
  • Sox Win Series

0 0%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cease bull pen 2022 and six man rotation when we play the Detroit Tigers.

"What are you doing Cease? This is a good team, not Detroit"

LOL. Pun from the Vqueens radio announcer on Farve after his INT late vs the Saints in the NFCCG.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Chicago White Sox (43-25) @ Houston Astros (39-28) | 6/17 - 6/20

The Astros are a better team than us. Hate to say it. Their pitchers stack up to ours even without Verlander and their lineup is much better than ours even if weíre at full strength. As for Cease. I refuse to watch a sox game that he pitches live. Itís too nerve wracking to watch. Him not being able to consistently through strikes and fall behind so much is infuriating to watch. Most batters are up 2-0, 3-1 or once itís 0-2 the next 3 pitches are obvious balls. With a 98 mph fastball, 12-6 knuckle-curve, and a good slider, you would think heíd be dominating. This Sox team is scary but they donít scare the Astros. Those guys are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I was just about to say this.

I would 100 percent trust Keuchel as the 4th playoff starter over Cease.

I don't think Kopech is starting at all this season. Do you think he'll get anything more than spot starts?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I donít think he should get anymore than spot starts. As for the playoffs, I think itís very possible he could start game 4 depending on how games 1-3 went.

1 option Iíd keep open is use him as a 1-2 inning reliever for game 1 if our starter goes 6, Kopech 2, in a close game, or 7, Kopech 1. Then bring him back as an opener for game 4. Depending on matchups that is. Keuchel has been pitching good, and at the moment itís hard to say he doesnít deserve game 4.

When Keuchel is going good, heís basically Mark Buerhle. If heís hot heading into the playoffs, you only run a 4 man rotation, and Kopech in the pen helps us the most this year. Heís our best reliever.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    The Astros are a better team than us. Hate to say it. Their pitchers stack up to ours even without Verlander and their lineup is much better than ours even if weíre at full strength. As for Cease. I refuse to watch a sox game that he pitches live. Itís too nerve wracking to watch. Him not being able to consistently through strikes and fall behind so much is infuriating to watch. Most batters are up 2-0, 3-1 or once itís 0-2 the next 3 pitches are obvious balls. With a 98 mph fastball, 12-6 knuckle-curve, and a good slider, you would think heíd be dominating. This Sox team is scary but they donít scare the Astros. Those guys are great.

I wouldnít say much better, and I still take our starters over theirs with no Verlander. Theyíre definitely really good though. That lineup is deep. So is ours healthy though.

Well that went off the rails pretty quickÖ.

Itís only one game, and Iím not ready to panic yet. It wasnít just Cease. Bats looked like crap too. Hoping it was just an off day after travel. Need to get it back together tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Well that went off the rails pretty quickÖ.

Itís only one game, and Iím not ready to panic yet. It wasnít just Cease. Bats looked like crap too. Hoping it was just an off day after travel. Need to get it back together tonight.
    Iím not panicking. I think only one team in the AL is better than ours and thats the Astros. Not an indictment for our team but a compliment to their team. Houston has the talent in pitching and lineup and more championship pedigree than we do. I can be wrong but I think their lineup is better than ours and Iím not sure who outside of Lynn I trust to be nails in a playoff game. Rodon could be great, Gio could be great like he was vs Oakland but I donít know.

Iím not panicking. I think only one team in the AL is better than ours and thats the Astros. Not an indictment for our team but a compliment to their team. Houston has the talent in pitching and lineup and more championship pedigree than we do. I can be wrong but I think their lineup is better than ours and Iím not sure who outside of Lynn I trust to be nails in a playoff game. Rodon could be great, Gio could be great like he was vs Oakland but I donít know.

Not anyone on the Astros staff that I think can be counted on to be lights out with Verlander out.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

When healthy rosters, I think Houston may have the edge in the lineup (although not by much), but the Sox have the edge in pitching. It would likely go 7 games if they are to meet in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    When healthy rosters, I think Houston may have the edge in the lineup (although not by much), but the Sox have the edge in pitching. It would likely go 7 games if they are to meet in the postseason.
    Precisely. Iíd take anything we see this weekend with a huge grain of salt. We are gonna have our troubles the days we donít hit Vs good teams. The key is to try to squeeze as many wins from those teams as we can, and do our best to win the series Vs bad teams.

Come on Grandal.. you gotta get that guy home from 3rd.

Collins could have bunted for a double with that shift on.

Stop ****ing around and extend this guy already. Rodon is one of the top 5 pitchers in the game right now.

Of course, as soon as I say itÖ..
    Last edited by Sockeye; 06-18-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Rodon was lights out tonight. Definitely didnít deserve to lose this game. That guyís been dealing. If we get anything like this from him going forward, sign me up. To do that to this lineup was amazing.

Yes, he deserved better. The bats really let him down.

Indians dropping at least 2 this series would be YUGE!

Time for Mercedez to get sent down. He has been totally overmatched and does not seem to be able to make the needed adjustments. Add that to the fact that he does not play a position and offers nothing defensively, means he is contributing nothing to the team.

Bring up sheets and see if he can provide a LH spark, while also pitching in at 1B or RF on occasion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast