Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You better bet they have to prove to their org whether they're vaccinated. It is not illegal nor an invasion of privacy

You're free to not get vaccinated but no, you're not free (and shouldn't be free) to go around putting others at risk (if you don't understand that statement, you don't understand how vaccines and viruses work)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Oh myÖ

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The more people there are getting vaccinated, the quicker we choke off the virus without letting it continue spreading and mutating, because the more it mutates, the lower the efficacy rate of the vaccines.

I mean, it's a personal choice, but those who aren't vaxed at this point do need to ask themselves if their reason not to outweighs the benefit to everyone.
    That's definitely not true considering animals are catching covid-19. Unless you're gonna vaccinate 100% every animal that's caught it, there's gonna be basically no way to stop it. We also know vaccinated people can catch and spread covid and enough time hasn't passed to even know how frequently we'll need to vaccinate.

If you're not a high risk individual, there's plenty of reasons to be skeptical and hold off on the vaccine until more time has passed. I'm in my 20s with no major health risks, I have no reason to rush into something that didn't even exist a year ago.

Some people lost their ****s given about this virus and all the hysteria months ago. They're never gonna get vaxxed. 85% is an enormous pipe dream. Fully vaccinated people are catching the virus and some in that case are actually getting hit hard. Variants are springing up that evade the vaccination as well. People have just adjusted their lives to accept the "new normal" and are not going to change no matter how much fear-mongering takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That's definitely not true considering animals are catching covid-19. Unless you're gonna vaccinate 100% every animal that's caught it, there's gonna be basically no way to stop it. We also know vaccinated people can catch and spread covid and enough time hasn't passed to even know how frequently we'll need to vaccinate.

If you're not a high risk individual, there's plenty of reasons to be skeptical and hold off on the vaccine until more time has passed. I'm in my 20s with no major health risks, I have no reason to rush into something that didn't even exist a year ago.
    For cripes sake, you're going to suggest it's OK not to get vaccinated because it's not 100% efficient? NO vaccine is. And animals? Dude, not only has that been minimal, but no variant mutating in an animal would be passed back to humans.

But these are the attitudes we're facing. Guess how we eradicated smallpox? In the late 50s, they tried to get everyone vaccinated, they couldn't, and smallpox continued to be a problem. So they increased the effort in the late 60s, including the vaccine being a normal shot given children, and smallpox went away completely.

Rush? People on trials are nearing a year since getting vaxed and there's no significant issues. Didn't exist a year ago? Covid has been around for many years, this version was first detected closer to 2 years ago.

So we really don't need to keep allowing these excuses. And that's what they are, excuses. So again I say ask yourself- is your excuse for not getting vaxed of more value than being a part of eliminating this thing?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Oh myÖ
    You keep using a word (free) that I'm not sure you understand the definition of.
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Requiring vaccines "or else!" is so fkn ridiculous.
    If vaccinated people are supposedly safe, then why the fk does it matter to anyone else if some people don't want this mystery vax with zero long term testing.
    This **** is getting out of hand.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Uh, yes, it isn't a violation of freedom lol

I'm going to a very large conference later this year. Guess what- all vendors, participants, employees are required to prove they're vaccinated or they can't attend.

People are free to not get vaccinated

And if they lie and go without it- they're putting others at risk along with their loved ones/friends.(thus the need to provide proof)

People have the freedom to lie about it...but they'll get turned away, thankfully.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Some people lost their ****s given about this virus and all the hysteria months ago. They're never gonna get vaxxed. 85% is an enormous pipe dream. Fully vaccinated people are catching the virus and some in that case are actually getting hit hard. Variants are springing up that evade the vaccination as well. People have just adjusted their lives to accept the "new normal" and are not going to change no matter how much fear-mongering takes place.
    ~10,000 breakthrough cases have been reported of the 144,000,000 vaccinated Americans. That's .00006. And there are zero variants that have been found to "evade" the vaccine. Me thinks you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    ~10,000 breakthrough cases have been reported of the 144,000,000 vaccinated Americans. That's .00006. And there are zero variants that have been found to "evade" the vaccine. Me thinks you don't know what you're talking about.
    Thank you. Another good one to look at is who is being hospitalized.

Hint: vaccines work

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    For cripes sake, you're going to suggest it's OK not to get vaccinated because it's not 100% efficient? NO vaccine is. And animals? Dude, not only has that been minimal, but no variant mutating in an animal would be passed back to humans.

But these are the attitudes we're facing. Guess how we eradicated smallpox? In the late 50s, they tried to get everyone vaccinated, they couldn't, and smallpox continued to be a problem. So they increased the effort in the late 60s, including the vaccine being a normal shot given children, and smallpox went away completely.

Rush? People on trials are nearing a year since getting vaxed and there's no significant issues. Didn't exist a year ago? Covid has been around for many years, this version was first detected closer to 2 years ago.

So we really don't need to keep allowing these excuses. And that's what they are, excuses. So again I say ask yourself- is your excuse for not getting vaxed of more value than being a part of eliminating this thing?
    You're putting words in my mouth, so I'll clarify: It's okay to not get vaccinated for any reason the individual chooses because it's their body. The courts can determine to what extent people can be discriminated for not being vaccinated, but nobody can force a vaccine on you.

As for 100% effective, you're right no vaccine is, but when the survival rates and hospitalization rates are near 0% for most age groups, why would I want to put a rushed vaccine into my body? You can't say with any certainty that animals can't pass future variants when nobody can even confirm or deny that the original variant came from a bat.

Most vaccines take DECADES. Small Pox vaccines were researched for more like a century and the disease existed for over a millenia. Polio's 1st vaccine attempt was ineffective and had some fatalities and permanent paralysis.

On top of all of this, we have no clue how many people have had COVID, including those who have already been vaccinated. My friend got vaccinated and was tested positive a couple weeks after via a pre-surgery test while he was asymptomatic. Any data that exists can be assumed to be higher percentages that actual exist due to the number of asymptomatic cases.

COVID-19 is different than other coronaviruses and has been widely known about for approximately 19 months. Surely you don't think theoretically curing COVID-19 would end all coronaviruses. Due to China limiting foreign involvement, heavy research has been going on for even less time. Here's a timeline of a typical vaccine:

[Image]https://assets.weforum.org/editor/MagaPsGpOmnEOc3oEPcEj4tzHLDLG8MqVA836pQgiGE.png[/image]

10 years is a short time frame for most vaccines. So yes, as someone under 50, I'm willing to risk catching an illness that has a less than 1% chance of serious problems before I blindly take a vaccine thrown together in less than a year. In another 5-10 years I'll reevaluate that decision. This isn't smallpox or polio, for most people this is a ****** cold. Give me a plague that has a high rate of death and I'll gladly line up for the first vaccine someone is trying to shove into me.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Keyword: reported. That basically means 10k/144M have had symptoms and got tested. Nobody knows how many have been asymptomatic.

You're putting words in my mouth, so I'll clarify: It's okay to not get vaccinated for any reason the individual chooses because it's their body. The courts can determine to what extent people can be discriminated for not being vaccinated, but nobody can force a vaccine on you.

As for 100% effective, you're right no vaccine is, but when the survival rates and hospitalization rates are near 0% for most age groups, why would I want to put a rushed vaccine into my body? You can't say with any certainty that animals can't pass future variants when nobody can even confirm or deny that the original variant came from a bat.

Most vaccines take DECADES. Small Pox vaccines were researched for more like a century and the disease existed for over a millenia. Polio's 1st vaccine attempt was ineffective and had some fatalities and permanent paralysis.

On top of all of this, we have no clue how many people have had COVID, including those who have already been vaccinated. My friend got vaccinated and was tested positive a couple weeks after via a pre-surgery test while he was asymptomatic. Any data that exists can be assumed to be higher percentages that actual exist due to the number of asymptomatic cases.

COVID-19 is different than other coronaviruses and has been widely known about for approximately 19 months. Surely you don't think theoretically curing COVID-19 would end all coronaviruses. Due to China limiting foreign involvement, heavy research has been going on for even less time. Here's a timeline of a typical vaccine:

[Image]https://assets.weforum.org/editor/MagaPsGpOmnEOc3oEPcEj4tzHLDLG8MqVA836pQgiGE.png[/image]

10 years is a short time frame for most vaccines. So yes, as someone under 50, I'm willing to risk catching an illness that has a less than 1% chance of serious problems before I blindly take a vaccine thrown together in less than a year. In another 5-10 years I'll reevaluate that decision. This isn't smallpox or polio, for most people this is a ****** cold. Give me a plague that has a high rate of death and I'll gladly line up for the first vaccine someone is trying to shove into me.
    Getting the virus is always worse then the vaccine. Period!
    The vaccine is not some experimental potion. Lol
    The vaccine is a introduction to the virus. So it canít be worse. It allows your body to develop the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Getting the virus is always worse then the vaccine. Period!
    The vaccine is not some experimental potion. Lol
    The vaccine is a introduction to the virus. So it canít be worse. It allows your body to develop the cure.
    I literally know people who had the virus with no symptoms but had to take off work for their vaccination because it made them feel like ****. What you're saying is all best case scenario and there's not enough data to make conclusions long-term. There's currently studies showing that people who have already recovered from the virus might have just as much antibodies as someone with the vaccine.

I literally know people who had the virus with no symptoms but had to take off work for their vaccination because it made them feel like ****. What you're saying is all best case scenario and there's not enough data to make conclusions long-term. There's currently studies showing that people who have already recovered from the virus might have just as much antibodies as someone with the vaccine.
    So basically your saying that if you havenít had the virus your better getting the vaccine?

So basically your saying that if you havenít had the virus your better getting the vaccine?
    I'm saying you're responsible for your own decisions and if you don't want the vaccine you can risk catching COVID-19. If I were over 60 and therefore a higher risk of complications, I'd probably get the vaccine.

I'm saying you're responsible for your own decisions and if you don't want the vaccine you can risk catching COVID-19. If I were over 60 and therefore a higher risk of complications, I'd probably get the vaccine.
    Again, the vaccine canít be worse then the disease. Especially when omitting your exception.
    Funny how an individual would know more then the top 100 doctors from every country.

Again, the vaccine canít be worse then the disease. Especially when omitting your exception.
    Funny how an individual would know more then the top 100 doctors from every country.
    Never did I say I knew more than anyone, only that there's validity to skepticism and nobody can force it. The problem is when people act like there's a ton of certainty and every expert is on the same page. My doctor didn't push me when I said I wasn't rushing into it, my daughters pediatrician said he wasn't getting it unless forced, and an old Panthers friend of mine who is a doctor who keeps up with every study he can read is basically taking the same stance I am (most younger people have no reason to rush, older people should consider the vaccine).

To reiterate, if you're asymptomatic the vaccine can easily be worse. Asymptomatic means you wouldn't even know you had it without testing whereas at the very least a vaccine is gonna poke a hole in your arm and at worst could make you sick for a couple days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast