Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,760

    NFL QBs begin uniting behind their right to privacy

    Back in April, Josh Allen (and then Diggs and Beasley) took a stand for their rights, and other players on different teams are following suit.


    [Thomasson] #Vikings QB Kirk Cousins on if he's been vaccinated: "I choose to keep my medical history private.''

    [Hensley] Lamar Jackson didn't say whether he was vaccinated when directly asked. He called it a personal decision.

    [Hughes] Jets QB Zach Wilson asked if he’s been vaccinated. He declines to answer. Says it’s personal.

    [Tomasson]#Vikings safety Harrison Smith and wide receiver Adam Thielen both said on Zoom calls today that they have not been vaccinated. Smith said, "Just like everybody else, make your own decision.''



    It will be interesting to see people suddenly decide that NFL players shouldn't be activists while "at work" on the field.


    [Goessling] Zimmer: "[unvaccinated players will] be wearing masks… have to social distance… daily testing, they won't be able to go home for bye week -- they'll have to come back here and test every day. When we go on the road, they won't be able to go out to dinner with anybody."

    It will be interesting, as if the team only requires unvaccinated to wear masks, that'd be illegally disclosing private medical information without the player's consent: an actual civil rights violation. That and a recent "vaccinated only" cruise that resulting in positive COVID tests proves vaccinated people can still contract the virus and spread it to others.


    (I'm sure some won't want this in the NFL forum, move if it doesn't belong, but it certainly is likely to impact games / the NFL this year)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    17,633
    Don't want to get vaccinated?

    Eat a bag of **** and jump through these 10 hoops to play every week

    No problem with someone saying they don't want to share that type of information. Employers are requiring employees to be vaccinated before returning to the office, right? Requiring members to wear masks is no different and perfectly legal for them to do.

    You can assume that someone wearing a mask is not vaccinated, but they aren't requiring them to state whether they are or not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Back in April, Josh Allen (and then Diggs and Beasley) took a stand for their rights, and other players on different teams are following suit.


    [Thomasson] #Vikings QB Kirk Cousins on if he's been vaccinated: "I choose to keep my medical history private.''

    [Hensley] Lamar Jackson didn't say whether he was vaccinated when directly asked. He called it a personal decision.

    [Hughes] Jets QB Zach Wilson asked if he’s been vaccinated. He declines to answer. Says it’s personal.

    [Tomasson]#Vikings safety Harrison Smith and wide receiver Adam Thielen both said on Zoom calls today that they have not been vaccinated. Smith said, "Just like everybody else, make your own decision.''



    It will be interesting to see people suddenly decide that NFL players shouldn't be activists while "at work" on the field.


    [Goessling] Zimmer: "[unvaccinated players will] be wearing masks… have to social distance… daily testing, they won't be able to go home for bye week -- they'll have to come back here and test every day. When we go on the road, they won't be able to go out to dinner with anybody."

    It will be interesting, as if the team only requires unvaccinated to wear masks, that'd be illegally disclosing private medical information without the player's consent: an actual civil rights violation. That and a recent "vaccinated only" cruise that resulting in positive COVID tests proves vaccinated people can still contract the virus and spread it to others.


    (I'm sure some won't want this in the NFL forum, move if it doesn't belong, but it certainly is likely to impact games / the NFL this year)
    requiring unvaccinated to wear masks is not a violation of their rights, and it certainly isn't a ****ing hipaa violation

    - someone that has been in the medical field for over 10 years

    the hospital I've worked at has required masks for people that refuse the flu shot every single year for the entirety of flu season, for longer than I've worked here. and I saw this EXACT argument from them saying it violated the rights, and yes, some even sought legal action.

    annddddd, it went ****ing no where, because despite desperately trying to be victims(which they arent), it didn't violate their rights whatsoever
    Last edited by basch152; 06-16-2021 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,889
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    requiring unvaccinated to wear masks is not a violation of their rights, and it certainly isn't a ****ing hipaa violation

    - someone that has been in the medical field for over 10 years

    the hospital I've worked at has required masks for people that refuse the flu shot every single year for the entirety of flu season, for longer than I've worked here. and I saw this EXACT argument from them saying it violated the rights, and yes, some even sought legal action.

    annddddd, it went ****ing no where, because despite desperately trying to be victims(which they arent), it didn't violate their rights whatsoever
    No wonder you're so angry all the time.

    But yeah, I agree with your point.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,598
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    requiring unvaccinated to wear masks is not a violation of their rights, and it certainly isn't a ****ing hipaa violation

    - someone that has been in the medical field for over 10 years

    the hospital I've worked at has required masks for people that refuse the flu shot every single year for the entirety of flu season, for longer than I've worked here. and I saw this EXACT argument from them saying it violated the rights, and yes, some even sought legal action.

    annddddd, it went ****ing no where, because despite desperately trying to be victims(which they arent), it didn't violate their rights whatsoever
    It's probably worth pointing out that there's a difference between a medical facility and everywhere else (particularly a football field). By that logic we could make everyone who doesn't wear get vaccinated wear orange cones on their heads and pretend it's not blatantly telling everyone around them they haven't been vaccinated. I see a dude at the hospital wearing a mask I don't think anything of it, I see a dude wearing a mask on a field while being 6 ft from everyone it's clear as day he's not vaccinated.

    Not to mention, I'm not sure they've even established if it's legal to require people to prove their vaccinations. My company is trying to do a "voluntary survey" because they haven't been told if they can force it on everyone yet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,401
    They cannot force people to vaccinate.....vaccinations aren't even FDA approved, they've all just gotten EUDAs

    lol at 'illegally disclosing personal medical information'........it's called following CDA guidelines
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,222
    It's pretty obvious by the updated Covid-19 protocols that people who are fully vaccinated are going to have much easier lives than those who aren't.

    I'm not advocating one way or the other but I could see how some guys who aren't vaccinated may just cave and get it to make their season easier.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,183
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's pretty obvious by the updated Covid-19 protocols that people who are fully vaccinated are going to have much easier lives than those who aren't.

    I'm not advocating one way or the other but I could see how some guys who aren't vaccinated may just cave and get it to make their season easier.
    The last one, are the fully vaccinated people going to have to also show proof their friends and family who they hung out with are fully vaccinated too?

    Seems kind of contradictory to the point of “don’t need to quarantine if exposed to high risk covid”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,222
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    The last one, are the fully vaccinated people going to have to also show proof their friends and family who they hung out with are fully vaccinated too?

    Seems kind of contradictory to the point of “don’t need to quarantine if exposed to high risk covid”.
    Yeah I seen the list and was confused. It's like the NFL basically told em they have to get vaccinated without saying it.

    No player wanna be isolated all the time, staying in market on bye weeks. But shoot if a player feels that strongly about not getting vaccinated I guess these are the protocols they gotta adhere to, to get that check. Bc idk if they're offering an opt out again this season for players.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,200
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yeah I seen the list and was confused. It's like the NFL basically told em they have to get vaccinated without saying it.
    NFL teams are owned almost entirely by old men, the group that is most adversely affected by COVID. I think that's the main reason they want all players to get vaccinated. Ideally you want everyone to get vaccinated but young men in top physical shape are at a very low priority.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,067
    You better bet they have to prove to their org whether they're vaccinated. It is not illegal nor an invasion of privacy


    You're free to not get vaccinated but no, you're not free (and shouldn't be free) to go around putting others at risk (if you don't understand that statement, you don't understand how vaccines and viruses work)

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,222
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    NFL teams are owned almost entirely by old men, the group that is most adversely affected by COVID. I think that's the main reason they want all players to get vaccinated. Ideally you want everyone to get vaccinated but young men in top physical shape are at a very low priority.
    You're probably right. Being vaccinated seems to offer a competitive advantage unless a dude is a hermit, he may enjoy all the isolation lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,938
    Requiring vaccines "or else!" is so fkn ridiculous.
    If vaccinated people are supposedly safe, then why the fk does it matter to anyone else if some people don't want this mystery vax with zero long term testing.
    This **** is getting out of hand.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,598
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You better bet they have to prove to their org whether they're vaccinated. It is not illegal nor an invasion of privacy


    You're free to not get vaccinated but no, you're not free (and shouldn't be free) to go around putting others at risk (if you don't understand that statement, you don't understand how vaccines and viruses work)

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    You keep using a word (free) that I'm not sure you understand the definition of.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,401
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Requiring vaccines "or else!" is so fkn ridiculous.
    If vaccinated people are supposedly safe, then why the fk does it matter to anyone else if some people don't want this mystery vax with zero long term testing.
    This **** is getting out of hand.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    The more people there are getting vaccinated, the quicker we choke off the virus without letting it continue spreading and mutating, because the more it mutates, the lower the efficacy rate of the vaccines.

    I mean, it's a personal choice, but those who aren't vaxed at this point do need to ask themselves if their reason not to outweighs the benefit to everyone.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •