Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I actually like Adams however it wouldnít be a smart move to be making trades when you donít even have a coach or a GM. They have to get the GM in place quick. I would expect them to name a GM sometime next week. A coach will come within a week of that. They should have all these positions filled by the end of the playoffs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're right. If they're all in house, that should help speed up the hiring process.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If they decided to keep KP and weíre able to sign both DeRozen and Lowry they would have about a 2 year window before having to rebuild again around Luka. They would have a ton of cap space in 2023 though and the FA class is deep that off season headlined by Jokic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít understand why you want Derozan. I donít get the appeal of a guy who canít play d, and canít shoot the 3 and shrinks in the post season.

    Luka and Derozan on the perimeter would be really bad defensively. And both guys need the ball in their hands on the offensive end.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,674
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I donít understand why you want Derozan. I donít get the appeal of a guy who canít play d, and canít shoot the 3 and shrinks in the post season.

    Luka and Derozan on the perimeter would be really bad defensively. And both guys need the ball in their hands on the offensive end.
    Well obviously DeRozen wouldnít be the only addition. And the reason the Mavs would want DeRozen is because he may not shoot the 3 very well but heís one of the best mid-range guys in the NBA and he can handle the ball. Heíd be another playmaker to help take pressure off of Luka. Adding him and Lowry would take a great deal of pressure off of Luka. With 3 ball big handlers/playmakers on the court at the same time defenses wouldnít be able to key in on just Luka. Lowry can hit the 3 by the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Well obviously DeRozen wouldnít be the only addition. And the reason the Mavs would want DeRozen is because he may not shoot the 3 very well but heís one of the best mid-range guys in the NBA and he can handle the ball. Heíd be another playmaker to help take pressure off of Luka. Adding him and Lowry would take a great deal of pressure off of Luka. With 3 ball big handlers/playmakers on the court at the same time defenses wouldnít be able to key in on just Luka. Lowry can hit the 3 by the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think if you guys sign Derozan its a sure fire way to risk losing Luka in the future.

    I watched Derozan every single game since hes been drafted. Grant it he does have play making abilities, and his mid range game is on point. But the minute you take the ball out of his hands (which will be alot playing with Luka) he becomes completely ineffective. He was getting to the foul line on average 10-11 times per game, but once the post season arrives that numbers shrinks drastically and he gets frutraied easily because he has become reliant on those calls. He struggles significantly in the post season. Just look up his regular season numbers vs his playoff numbers.

    Luka is a ball dominant player, he needs guys that can play off of the ball. Lowry would be a perfect fit, I grant you that because Lowry can play off the ball, he can create, he can catch and shoot, hes a strong defender, he takes charges, he would be an excellent compliment to Luka.

    Unless you plan on having Luka play off the ball for a good amount of the game you really shouldn't be targeting someone like Demar. I will even take it one step further and say that Hardaway Jr is and would be a much better compliment to Lukas game than Demar. Demar needs the ball when hes on the court. Unless you plan on having one or the other on the floor I don't think it would work it will only frustrate both players. Also with Lowry, Luka and Brunson as a 3rd option to create, I dont really think you all would need another guy that can create plays. What you would need is a guy that can space the floor, defend, catch and shoot etc etc.

    Ill always be a fan of Derozan because of the time he spent growing up in Toronto, but I accepted the fact that Demar is not going to be a key piece for a title contender. Maybe if he were to accept a role that would be a different scenario.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,674
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think if you guys sign Derozan its a sure fire way to risk losing Luka in the future.

    I watched Derozan every single game since hes been drafted. Grant it he does have play making abilities, and his mid range game is on point. But the minute you take the ball out of his hands (which will be alot playing with Luka) he becomes completely ineffective. He was getting to the foul line on average 10-11 times per game, but once the post season arrives that numbers shrinks drastically and he gets frutraied easily because he has become reliant on those calls. He struggles significantly in the post season. Just look up his regular season numbers vs his playoff numbers.

    Luka is a ball dominant player, he needs guys that can play off of the ball. Lowry would be a perfect fit, I grant you that because Lowry can play off the ball, he can create, he can catch and shoot, hes a strong defender, he takes charges, he would be an excellent compliment to Luka.

    Unless you plan on having Luka play off the ball for a good amount of the game you really shouldn't be targeting someone like Demar. I will even take it one step further and say that Hardaway Jr is and would be a much better compliment to Lukas game than Demar. Demar needs the ball when hes on the court. Unless you plan on having one or the other on the floor I don't think it would work it will only frustrate both players. Also with Lowry, Luka and Brunson as a 3rd option to create, I dont really think you all would need another guy that can create plays. What you would need is a guy that can space the floor, defend, catch and shoot etc etc.

    Ill always be a fan of Derozan because of the time he spent growing up in Toronto, but I accepted the fact that Demar is not going to be a key piece for a title contender. Maybe if he were to accept a role that would be a different scenario.
    DeRozen is not a for sure target. Itís all speculation. And youíre right about DeRozen needing the ball. Thatís the whole point though. The need to get someone so that Luka doesnít have to handle the ball for 40+ minutes every night. Thatís why Luka burns out in the 4th. They need someone who can fill someone of those minutes as the primary ball handler in the middle quarters so that Luka can still be good when the 4th comes around. Not to mention when Luka gets a breather.

    In addition to that there are parts of Lukaís game he can improve on. One of them is playing without the ball and setting screens (not just playing off them). Luka is a big guy and should be good at setting screens. Heís canít do that is he has to handle the ball for 95% of the game.

    But again this is all speculation. We donít even know who the GM is going to be much less the coach or what style they are going to play. I expect they will hire a GM next week sometime.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,495
    Finley!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,106
    Glad to see he get a chance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •