Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I get the sentiment....but hell nah. Some roads to a title are easier than others, but winning a 'ship regardless is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    **** asterisks. Literally. I hate that they even exist.

To answer your question: no one should be putting an asterisk on any year. Whiny in nature and sets a bad precedent.
    I SEE what you did there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The bubble is far more deserving of an asterisk than this year. This year is almost normal.

I think the number of injuries is to some extent that injuries that were considered "play through it" injuries in the past are now several missed games. I have no issue with that, players should prioritize extending their career and having a good life after playing, but no doubt the way players treat their bodies with injury and playing time is VERY different than it was just 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The bubble is far more deserving of an asterisk than this year. This year is almost normal.

I think the number of injuries is to some extent that injuries that were considered "play through it" injuries in the past are now several missed games. I have no issue with that, players should prioritize extending their career and having a good life after playing, but no doubt the way players treat their bodies with injury and playing time is VERY different than it was just 20 years ago.
    This sucks for both the players and their fanbase.

No but they need to do better with scheduling next year to try and avoid this many injuries

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    No but they need to do better with scheduling next year to try and avoid this many injuries
    Regular season is going to run October 19th to April 10th-ish. Having a full 6 months should help next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    This sucks for both the players and their fanbase.
    The players taking care of their bodies sucks for the players?

The players taking care of their bodies sucks for the players?
    No LOL. To expand on what you said earlier for the players they want to prolong their career and they have a life after basketball. For the fans like myself I don't want to see my star player having to missed games due to injuries especially in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    No LOL. To expand on what you said earlier for the players they want to prolong their career and they have a life after basketball. For the fans like myself I don't want to see my star player having to missed games due to injuries especially in the playoffs.
    Sure. I was just thrown by your "this sucks for ... the players"

Another factor is that with modern techniques players play much closer to their physical maximum much more of the time compared to guys in the past which means they are more likely to get injured too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    **** asterisks. Literally. I hate that they even exist.

To answer your question: no one should be putting an asterisk on any year. Whiny in nature and sets a bad precedent.
    This. There were people calling Raps win in 2019 an asterisk. There were people calling Lakers win last year in the bubble an asterisk. Now we add 2021 to the list. Lets look through history and asterisk all the champions with something.

Every season is unique. They all bring different challenges. The last team standing at the end wins the championship. There is no need for asterisks.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    This. There were people calling Raps win in 2019 an asterisk. There were people calling Lakers win last year in the bubble an asterisk. Now we add 2021 to the list. Lets look through history and asterisk all the champions with something.

Every season is unique. They all bring different challenges. The last team standing at the end wins the championship. There is no need for asterisks.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post

Indeed. Some titles are more twisted than others, but all of them have some story line along these lines.

I think it's that we have so much sports talk that they HAVE to talk about something so this is always going to come up.

Indeed. Some titles are more twisted than others, but all of them have some story line along these lines.

I think it's that we have so much sports talk that they HAVE to talk about something so this is always going to come up.
    Good point

Yes. I put an asterisk in any convo of the modern era of ball vs the past

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yes. I put an asterisk in any convo of the modern era of ball vs the past
    Can't say I love the way the game is played these days either......but I fail to see how that justifies dismissing titles won in this era.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast