Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 241 to 251 of 251
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,152
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to ask this. Anyone else feel like Boone actually did a really good job managing this series?
    Yep.
    My biggest issue was taking out King. I would have rather them let him try to work out of it.
    A win is a win.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep.
    My biggest issue was taking out King. I would have rather them let him try to work out of it.
    A win is a win.
    its crazy but everything worked out for him,, The guys he pinch hit for came up huge iin each game, none of his pitching decisions cost us games and he actually looked like he went more towards riding the hot hand in the lineups rather than just pinning up the lineup the CPU spit out....

    There is literally nothing short of win the WS, that Boone can do that will make me want him back next yr, but if he continued to manage more this way the rest of the yr, i'd sure hate him less ..

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    its crazy but everything worked out for him,, The guys he pinch hit for came up huge iin each game, none of his pitching decisions cost us games and he actually looked like he went more towards riding the hot hand in the lineups rather than just pinning up the lineup the CPU spit out....

    There is literally nothing short of win the WS, that Boone can do that will make me want him back next yr, but if he continued to manage more this way the rest of the yr, i'd sure hate him less ..
    Yep, particularly how well he managed that triple play to get them out of a jam.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,152
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    its crazy but everything worked out for him,, The guys he pinch hit for came up huge iin each game, none of his pitching decisions cost us games and he actually looked like he went more towards riding the hot hand in the lineups rather than just pinning up the lineup the CPU spit out....

    There is literally nothing short of win the WS, that Boone can do that will make me want him back next yr, but if he continued to manage more this way the rest of the yr, i'd sure hate him less ..
    Word



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,596
    Hey Klown, you and Johnny both predicted a sweep. Only difference is you had the Yanks and Johnny had the Jays. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Monday morning quarterback much? Thatís what every post you post here is.

    Better than jumping to conclusions before the result. Why would you say he didn't do his job, before you know if hen did or not? DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    if the yankees have hit like they have of late all season they would have 10 more wins..

    If I was 2 inches taller and 30 pounds less, I cold have been Mr. America.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    but britton the ground ball machine did his job game over yankees sweep.. very impressive series for the yanks. this has got to spur them on coming home to go on a nice hot streak..

    So you picked the Jays to probably sweep, and I predicted you'd be wrong. I guess one of us doesn't have the same faith in the team as the other.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to ask this. Anyone else feel like Boone actually did a really good job managing this series?

    Well.....yes....BUT...so much of that depends on the moves working out which depends on the player coming through. If the player fails, did Boone fail?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yep, particularly how well he managed that triple play to get them out of a jam.

    Can't believe this is the first real mention of this. Really great play. A 1-3-6-2-5-6 triple play, the first of that kind EVER, and the first time the Yankees have had 2 in one season. That deserves a little air time.

    The runner at third should have just kept running. There's a good chance he would have scored. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he stopped.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,152
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Can't believe this is the first real mention of this. Really great play. A 1-3-6-2-5-6 triple play, the first of that kind EVER, and the first time the Yankees have had 2 in one season. That deserves a little air time.

    The runner at third should have just kept running. There's a good chance he would have scored. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he stopped.
    It was 3 stooges-esque. Each guy kind of looking at the other for a queue.
    The lead runner should have headed home and forced a play. The guy running to third should have ignored the lead runner and just gone to third. If he had, they would have had a runner on third no matter what.



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •