Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

NY Yankees @ Toronto June 15-17

The New York Yankees collide with the Toronto Blue Jays in an AL East showdown Tuesday night in the Jays temporary home in Buffalo. The Blue Jays send out ace Hyun-Jin Ryu who is eager for a win after two straight defeats. Jordan Montgomery is aiming for his fourth win of the season for the Yankees. Toronto leads the season series 6-3.

Jordan Montgomery will make his 13th start of the season to begin the series. Montgomery was solid last time out, holding the Twins to three runs in 5.2 innings, finishing with the no-decision in a clash the Yankees won. The veteran southpaw has been one of the Yankees' best starters, recording a 3.99 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP complemented by a 3-1 record in 65.1 innings pitched. He squandered three runs in just 4.2 innings against Toronto last month in a Yankees win and is 2-1 with a 3.58 ERA in 32.2 career innings against the foes.

The Yankees resume an eight-game road trip. They opened with two straight wins in Minnesota but have since lost three consecutive games due to awful pitching. They squandered a combined 22 runs in those three defeats including two losses in Philly.

Aaron Judge has been the Yankees' most consistent hitter this season. The 29-year old slugger has bashed 15 dingers along with 35 RBI's and a stellar .920 OPS. Judge has been a threat against Toronto, bashing three homers with five RBIís in 31 at-bats this season.

The Bronx Bombers rank 26th in the Majors with 3.88 runs per game. The pitching is solid, filing a 3.56 team ERA, good for ninth overall.

Hyun-Jin Ryu will take the mound for the 13th time, looking to avoid a third straight defeat. Ryu was decent last time out, conceding three runs on five hits in six frames against the White Sox, and was hit with the loss to dip his record to 5-4. The Blue Jaysí ace hasnít been at his best in back-to-back starts but overall is having a strong year, posting a 3.34 ERA and a 1.10 WHIP in 70 innings pitched. He has held the Yankees to three runs (two earned) in 12 innings this season and owns a 2-2 record and a 4.46 ERA in six career starts against the rivals.

Toronto has overtaken the Major League lead in home runs with 99 after going deep several times at Fenway on the weekend. They have been able to achieve this without Springer who remains on the IL. The Blue Jays are 3-2 in their last five games entering Monday night.

Watch for Bo Bichette who is a tough out against the Yankees this season, flaunting a .343 average with four homers and seven RBIís in 35 at-bats. The 23-year old shortstop is having a productive season, launching 13 homers with 39 RBIs and an .821 OPS.

Toronto is scoring an average of 5.10 runs per game, good for third in the big leagues. The Blue Jays pitching staff enters with a 4.01 team ERA, landing them 15th overall.

The New York Yankees are:

2-6 in their last 8 road games.
    0-4 in their last 4 games against a team with a winning record.
    1-5 in their last 6 games in the first game of a series.
    The Toronto Blue Jays are:

4-1 in their last 5 games against the Yankees.
    6-2 in their last 8 games against a starter with a WHIP below 1.15.
    4-1 in their last 5 Tuesday games.

Tue, Jun 15 ē 7:07 PM EDT

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    3-1, 3.99 ERA, 65 SO
    Montgomery is coming off a no-decision against the Twins in which he allowed three runs on eight hits over 5 1/3 innings. He faced Toronto on May 27, allowing three runs in a no-decision in 4 2/3 innings.

Hyun Jin Ryu
    LHP
    5-4, 3.34 ERA, 62 SO
    Ryu hasn't been quite as sharp recently, but he is close to getting back to his ace form and looked great against the Yankees earlier this season, allowing just one unearned run over 6 2/3 innings on April 13.

Wed, Jun 16 ē 7:07 PM EDT

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    7-3, 2.31 ERA, 113 SO
    Amid conversation about spin rate and "sticky stuff," Cole fired a solid effort on June 9 at Minnesota, striking out nine while permitting two solo homers over six innings. He will face Toronto for the third time this season.

Ross Stripling
    RHP
    2-3, 4.91 ERA, 49 SO
    Stripling pitched better than his line suggests last time out, with four runs over 5 2/3 innings on Friday, and he has been in the middle of an impressive turnaround after struggles earlier in the season.

Thu, Jun 17 ē 7:07 PM EDT

Michael King
    RHP
    0-3, 3.77 ERA, 28 SO
    In three starts since taking the injured Corey Kluber's place in the rotation, King has pitched to a 6.35 ERA with two losses, allowing 10 runs (eight earned) in 11 1/3 innings to the Tigers, Red Sox and Twins.

TBD

I take TBD over Michael King.

if cole pitches a shutout for 8 innings the yanks might have a chance to win 1 game..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If Ryu is on, he will give the lineup fits. If he's off, they should clobber him.

I will be curious to see Cole's start. This lineup can slug.

King? Has he looked better? Yes. Am I confident in him? Meh.

This is one of those series that I can see them sweeping, getting swept or anywhere in between. I have zero idea what to expect.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If Ryu is on, he will give the lineup fits. If he's off, they should clobber him.

This is one of those series that I can see them sweeping, getting swept or anywhere in between. I have zero idea what to expect.
    yanks have lost 13 out of the last 18 games and are facing one of the best offensive teams in baseball it is very likely the yanks will get swept unless cole pitches a really dominate game something he has not done in 5 starts..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks have lost 13 out of the last 18 games and are facing one of the best offensive teams in baseball it is very likely the yanks will get swept unless cole pitches a really dominate game something he has not done in 5 starts..
    That's nice. Thank you very much.
    Have a good day

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Well you pretty much have it covered. Sweep, swept or otherwise. You sound like Nicky. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post

You really should have watched more baseball growing up. You might have actually learned something. That's not how it works.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Well you pretty much have it covered. Sweep, swept or otherwise. You sound like Nicky. LOL
    Well he is on target imo. IF the offense wakes up, IF the pitching is solid, IF Ryu is off his game, anything could happen. Would I bet on it? It will be a test. If they fold the tent here bad news ahead. If they find the motivation and balls to compete there is hope.

Cole will be an interesting watch. Has all the secret sauce chatter gotten to him?

agreed on cole was he a product of the secret sauce? he was so much better in houstoin then he was with the pirates. if he does not regain his dominant form now that baseball will crack down then that massive contract will be a albatross on the yanks

1 DJ 2nd
    2 Judge RF
    3 Torres SS
    4 Stanton DH
    5 Gio 3rd
    6 Sanchez C
    7 Miggy LF
    8 Gittens 1st
    9 Gardy CF

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Lol. The difference and an important one, is that those ideas were not in 3-4 separate posts and 30 minutes apart.
    They were also followed by, "I have no idea what to expect"

Ignorance is bliss

Devi only got 1 out in his AAA start 3Rs,3H, 3BB

Sanchez... I know Odor isn't much of a player, but i love that he was the first guy out to congratulate Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sanchez... I know Odor isn't much of a player, but i love that he was the first guy out to congratulate Sanchez
    Agreed. I said he's a solid player, not a starter but he's got energy in heaps. Love the Sanchez bomb. I think this may be a high scoring game. Ryu doesn't seem to have his A stuff

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast