Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Doncic, Voulgaris, Mavs drama

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/...875059202?s=21

Bob Voulgaris has been the most influential voice in the Mavsí front office since being hired: initiating transactions, dictating rotations, and even frustrating Luka. There are internal fears how it could affect Luka's future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even know who that guy is but he seems like a doofus from the roster construction and rotations I've seen.

A quick Google search shows ol' Haralabos Voulgaris is a professional gambler lol

Yeah that cat would be kicking rocks and I'd be maximizing my cap space to like $80 million this summer, putting a real team around Luka.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    A quick Google search shows ol' Haralabos Voulgaris is a professional gambler lol

Yeah that cat would be kicking rocks and I'd be maximizing my cap space to like $80 million this summer, putting a real team around Luka.
    Yea Cuban hired him as the analytics guy. Apparently during a game he told Luka to calm down. Obviously Luka didnít like that. Heís getting the blame for the last draft too. Some of that story is suspect though. There is no way in hell Carlisle is allowing this guy to dictate lineups or substitutions.

I read that Voulgarisí contract is up this season. If Cuban is smart he wonít bring him back.

There have also been Rick Carlisle rumors. Iíve heard the Celtics have an interest in him and that he may have an interest in the Bucks. He denied those rumors and says he has no interest in leaving Dallas.

https://twitter.com/grantafseth/stat...239313414?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea Cuban hired him as the analytics guy. Apparently during a game he told Luka to calm down. Obviously Luka didnít like that. Heís getting the blame for the last draft too. Some of that story is suspect though. There is no way in hell Carlisle is allowing this guy to dictate lineups or substitutions.

I read that Voulgarisí contract is up this season. If Cuban is smart he wonít bring him back.

He's a shady character for sure.

There have also been Rick Carlisle rumors. Iíve heard the Celtics have an interest in him and that he may have an interest in the Bucks. He denied those rumors and says he has no interest in leaving Dallas.

https://twitter.com/grantafseth/stat...239313414?s=21

The Carlisle/starting lineup discussion was a couple of one-off recommendations from "Bob" that Carlisle tried at the request of Cuban via Bob but quickly ditched. I don't doubt that at all. It was sourced by several different people within the organization.

Why wouldn't Carlisle try his strat out tho

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    The Carlisle/starting lineup discussion was a couple of one-off recommendations from "Bob" that Carlisle tried at the request of Cuban via Bob but quickly ditched. I don't doubt that at all. It was sourced by several different people within the organization.
    Some think the source was Donnie Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Why wouldn't Carlisle try his strat out tho
    You mean the guy with zero basketball or coaching experience? Try out his recommendations? And Carlisle actually did start Deleon Wright at the recommendation of the analytics guy. That turned out to be a huge mistake.

Some think the source was Donnie Nelson.

I've read this because it sounds like Voulgaris had made the Curry/JRich trade and the draft picks without anyone else's input and was potentially coming for Nelsons job.

As a Philly fan I was always amazed we got Curry for JRich, and gave Morey big credit, but to find out that Voulgaris came to us just blows my mind.

You mean the guy with zero basketball or coaching experience? Try out his recommendations? And Carlisle actually did start Deleon Wright at the recommendation of the analytics guy. That turned out to be a huge mistake.

Yo for real, did he personally know Cuban or something? How the deck did he even get the job then proceed to boss the long time coach and GM around?

The Mavs can have anyone on the team minus Joel for Luka

Luka is a great player no doubt. But he def has some personality concerns.

1. If anyone watched the playoffs this year they would notice that every time KP tried to give Luka a high 5 or anything after a good play, Luka ignored him. Every time KP was wide open asking for the ball, Luka waived him off. Something you would notice if you were looking for it. Luka didnít want it to work with KP for whatever reason. Maybe off the court stuff, who knows.

2. He actually yelled at Carlisle because he called a time out, and was visibly upset with the coach. Something that could have been expressed behind closed doors, but Luka just went at the coach and deflated that entire team in the time out.

3. Cuban will have KP traded, Voulgaris wonít be back. But Carlisle has Marks loyalty. Why wouldnít he?

I love Luka as a player and right now heís one of the NBAs golden boys so they wonít shed a bad light on him but if youíre paying attention Luka is showing us sings of being a head case in the locker room. Grant it the Mavs can do a better job by surrounding him with talent but itís not like they havenít been trying. When they traded for KP everyone thought it was a great trade. It just didnít work out to their favour. Now everyone is acting like Luka has been in Dallas for 7 years and the Mavs are failing him some how. I donít get that.

I think Mark will do what he can to make Luka happy, but Luka also has to mature a little bit as well. Canít just throw team mates, coaches, and FO staff under the bus. Thatís stuff that needs to be handled internally.

Luka just turned 22, he's still a baby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast