Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    we saw it a couple years ago as well, whenever Williams played, teams were afraid to attack the rim and we get a ton more boards as well. The intimidation factor he brings is a huge difference versus Al, and actually compliments the rest of the team better than Al because Tatum, Brown, Smart handle the ball the large majority of time. One of the issues we had when we had Al and Kyrie was that the other 3 weren't getting nearly enough touches (you can say the same thing about Kemba especially during his long cold stretches that spanned multiple games), having a center that focuses purely on big-man tasks puts the ball more in their hands instead. Having a big that sits outside so often like Al and isn't a particularly great rebounder takes away offensive opportunities, and on defense players don't fear him inside either despite him being a savvy defender. I might trust him at the end of games and as a team leader, but Williams should be getting the large bulk of time and be playing much more often with the 3 star wings.
    The offense and defense were both significantly better when Horford was here than anytime Williams played with the starters last year...I mean, that's not even really debatable. That doesn't mean Williams won't play more minutes than Horford or that he won't be playing with the starters at all. That's not my point. My point is you're putting way to much emphasis on the word starter and the actual impact of the team. If Horford plays 20 minutes and Williams plays 28 minutes but Horford starts...What is the difference? Nothing other than your handing a starting role to a guy who has not earned it yet and benching a guy that deserves more respect.

I'm not even 100% sold Rob Williams will be on this team come the start of the season.

And I can guarantee you a big reason Al is back is because Tatum wants him here.

City of Champions

man, we should import Chris Goulding from Australia. Guy is lights out

Trade Richardson, Dunn GWill to the Cavs for Rubio

Rubio/Pritchard/Edwards
    Smart/Langford
    Brown/Nesmith
    Tatum/Horford or RWill/Parker/Bruno
    RWill or Horford/Kanter

or

Rubio/Smart/Pritchard/Edwards
    Brown/Smart/Langford
    Tatum/Langford/Nesmith
    Horford/Parker/Bruno
    RWill/Kanter/Tacko

Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    Trade Richardson, Dunn GWill to the Cavs for Rubio

Rubio/Pritchard/Edwards
    Smart/Langford
    Brown/Nesmith
    Tatum/Horford or RWill/Parker/Bruno
    RWill or Horford/Kanter

or

Rubio/Smart/Pritchard/Edwards
    Brown/Smart/Langford
    Tatum/Langford/Nesmith
    Horford/Parker/Bruno
    RWill/Kanter/Tacko
    I would love Rubio but that is a MASSIVE overpay

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    we saw it a couple years ago as well, whenever Williams played, teams were afraid to attack the rim and we get a ton more boards as well. The intimidation factor he brings is a huge difference versus Al, and actually compliments the rest of the team better than Al because Tatum, Brown, Smart handle the ball the large majority of time. One of the issues we had when we had Al and Kyrie was that the other 3 weren't getting nearly enough touches (you can say the same thing about Kemba especially during his long cold stretches that spanned multiple games), having a center that focuses purely on big-man tasks puts the ball more in their hands instead. Having a big that sits outside so often like Al and isn't a particularly great rebounder takes away offensive opportunities, and on defense players don't fear him inside either despite him being a savvy defender. I might trust him at the end of games and as a team leader, but Williams should be getting the large bulk of time and be playing much more often with the 3 star wings.
    You're comparing Al with 2 ball dominant PG's on the team. Not the case now. This argument makes no sense.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I would love Rubio but that is a MASSIVE overpay
    He's on an expiring contract.

If Smart wont sign for a reasonable deal, then trade him and keep Rubi.

Rubi/Pritchard/Yam
    Beal/Langford/Begarin
    Brown/Nesmith
    Tatum/?
    RWill/?Tacko

😁

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234