Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

2 66.67%
  • Sox Win Series

1 33.33%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tampa Bay Rays (42-24) @ Chicago White Sox (41-24) | 6/14 - 6/16

Tampa Bay Rays (42-24) @ Chicago White Sox (41-24)
    Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL. | 6/14 - 6/16

Monday June 14, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Tyler Glasnow, RHP (5-2, 2.57 ERA) vs. Lance Lynn, RHP (7-1, 1.23 ERA)

Rays: Glasnow is coming off another gem, a seven inning win over the Nats on Tuesday, in which he allowed one run and struck out 11 with only one walk on 114 pitches. He's worked at least seven innings his last three times out and in four of his last five starts.
    White Sox: Lynn has been on a roll lately, and is 5-0 with a 0.88 ERA in his past seven starts including Wednesday, when he held the Blue Jays to one run on four hits across seven innings.

Tuesday June 15, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Shane McClanahan, LHP (2-1, 4.54 ERA) vs. Dallas Keuchel, LHP (5-1, 4.14 ERA)

Rays: McClanahan has struggled through back to back short outings, as he's had trouble getting ahead of hitters. He's allowed seven runs on 10 hits and five walks in 6-1/3 innings over his last two starts after posting a 3.29 ERA in his first six outings.
    White Sox: Keuchel is fresh off a win vs. Toronto last Thursday during which he fanned a season high eight across six innings. The Rays have always given him trouble though, and he's 1-5 with a 4.78 ERA in eight career starts against them.

Wednesday June 16, 2021 @ 1:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Ryan Yarbrough, LHP (4-3, 3.69 ERA) vs. Lucas Giolito, RHP (5-5, 3.81 ERA)

Yarbrough is on a two start winning streak this month, having allowed only two earned runs on nine hits with no walks and 12 strikeouts in 15 innings. The left hander has a 2.56 ERA in seven outings since the start of May.
    White Sox: Giolito's offspeed stuff was on point in his last start against the Tigers on Friday, a good sign as he continues to work on fine tuning his repertoire. The righty has a 1.31 ERA in three career starts against Tampa Bay.
    Last edited by DaSox_05; 06-16-2021 at 09:28 AM.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but I just feel with our injuries the Rays are a better team.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Damn I just looked at our schedule through the break!

After this weeks gauntlet, we play nothing but bottom feeders until the all starts break.

Pirates
    Mariners
    Twins
    Tigers
    Twins
    O’s

We better go into the break with a double digit lead on the Indians

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Damn I just looked at our schedule through the break!

After this weeks gauntlet, we play nothing but bottom feeders until the all starts break.

Pirates
    Mariners
    Twins
    Tigers
    Twins
    O’s

We better go into the break with a double digit lead on the Indians
    IIRC, coming out of the break we have a tough 3-4 week stretch

Rays are also feasting on bottom feeders. They are 3 -9 vs Red Sox, A's and Astros.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    IIRC, coming out of the break we have a tough 3-4 week stretch
    I didn't look that deep. Just saw we come back vs. the Stros

Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    Rays are also feasting on bottom feeders. They are 3 -9 vs Red Sox, A's and Astros.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
    That's just baseball and any sport for that matter. You need to dominate the games you should and at least be solid in the tough ones.

All that matters in baseball is getting to the postseason. It's the hardest sport to get in. Once you are there, it's anyone's game. If your pitchers come out flat or your hitters are cold, you lose. Baseball is the most unpredictable playoffs in sports IMO.

Ominous start.

I know it's one game, but Dallas really needs to have a solid outing in my opinion. We are like 40% of the way thru the season and Kopech hasn't pitched a lot. I think him moving into the rotation keeps him available in a quality role come playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I know it's one game, but Dallas really needs to have a solid outing in my opinion. We are like 40% of the way thru the season and Kopech hasn't pitched a lot. I think him moving into the rotation keeps him available in a quality role come playoffs
    I still feel he helps us most in the Pen. We lack that shut down Righty before Hendriks, and he was that guy. Marshall has been pitching better, and Heuer gets it done sometimes, but we need Kopech.

Keuchel is pitching plenty good enough to be our 5th starter right now. 5th starters don't usually start in the playoffs. If Cease keeps improving, he'll be the 4th IMO. Gio/Lynn/Rodon are locked in as our top 3 in no specific order.

Not a very good game yesterday. 3 gopher balls , lots of bad at bats, pick off. You can get away with that stuff against the Kitties, but you need to play a complete game against the likes of TB.

I get a little concerned about how we play against the good teams and what we will face in the playoffs. I chalk some of it up to youth, but part of it is that we have a roster full of young talent that sped their way through the minors based on talent and potential, and maybe didn’t get as much time to learn the fundamentals as some lesser athletic , less raw talent players. Those fundamentals really come in to play against the elite teams and in the playoffs.

BTW, Yermin Mercedez is going to make the decision very easy if Eloy comes back later in the year. He shouldn’t be worrying about taking his 7 home runs to the HR derby, and should maybe just concentrate on putting the ball in play and adjusting to the adjustments that the league has made against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    BTW, Yermin Mercedez is going to make the decision very easy if Eloy comes back later in the year. He shouldn’t be worrying about taking his 7 home runs to the HR derby, and should maybe just concentrate on putting the ball in play and adjusting to the adjustments that the league has made against him.
    It's been downhill for him after hitting the 3-0 HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Not a very good game yesterday. 3 gopher balls , lots of bad at bats, pick off. You can get away with that stuff against the Kitties, but you need to play a complete game against the likes of TB.

I get a little concerned about how we play against the good teams and what we will face in the playoffs. I chalk some of it up to youth, but part of it is that we have a roster full of young talent that sped their way through the minors based on talent and potential, and maybe didn’t get as much time to learn the fundamentals as some lesser athletic , less raw talent players. Those fundamentals really come in to play against the elite teams and in the playoffs.
    The loss of 3 regulars shows out more vs. good teams for sure. I'm not overly concerned about it now though. We need to get through this week healthy and steal a few wins. We should go on a big run until the All Star break, and the Indians aren't really playing that great and just lost there Ace for a minimum of 2 weeks.

The goal is to get to August with a nice cushion on the AL Central, and to ease Robert and Eloy back into the swing of things slowly. The earlier in August the better though. Timing could take a month or so for these guys. We need them to be their best for the playoffs.

Indians play the Cubs 2, Stros 4, Rays 3 before the break. We have 2 more vs. the Rays and 4 vs. the Stros. We both play a bunch of scrubs other then that. We tend to do better vs. the Scrubs this year. If we can get to the break up 8+, we are in great shape.

It's important to be in a comfortable spot around the Trade Deadline, because if teams see us slumping and on the verge of losing 1st place, they'll try to take advantage. If we don't look desperate, that favors us a little bit. It might not mean that much to the teams trading with us, but it will mean something, and that something could go a long way.

It sucks that Stiever looks like **** in Charlotte. That really dampens his trade value. I'm willing to trade our older prospects because we don't really have room for them that we can't fill with veterans who could bring the same production in the short term.

Lambert, Stiever, Adolfo, Rutherford, Sheets, Burdi, Burger, Gonzalez are all guys I'd move. I only see teams potentially valuing Stiever's upside, Rutherford, Sheets, and Burger though. Our farm looks God Awful, but that's mostly because we have all our top specs up already being that we are in win now mode. Colas and Cespedes will make the farm look a little better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast