Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Cubs @ Mets

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Lindor is not a carry your team offensively type player. He's very good when he's hitting well but he's not a Tatis, Guerrero Jr, Acuna, etc. Alonso was that in his rookie year but it seems the book has been written on him. He's still a solid bat, just not that guy he was in 2019.
    He was in 2019 because of the ball that year. It wasn't all him. He's going to be an average offensive 1B/DH. Maybe slightly above avg

Pillar just Ked on 5 of the exact same pitch

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    Never said he was in the same league as Tatis, Acuna etc because he clearly isn't, but if he has his 2018 and 19 numbers he can, let's say 'help' carry a team that is not great offensively but has enough pitching to keep them in games.
    I am talking elite offensive talents though. Lindor isn't that. He's not a guy who is going to carry 1.000 OPS and have a 150 wRC+ or better. That's the type of player I am talking about.

If you told me, Mets would go 2-1 against SD and 3-1 against Cubbies, I woulda said “sold!” So instead of losing ground, we gained some with half a team and some tough competition.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am talking elite offensive talents though. Lindor isn't that. He's not a guy who is going to carry 1.000 OPS and have a 150 wRC+ or better. That's the type of player I am talking about.
    I hear you. Believe me I am not a Lindor fan. I think he's been over hyped.. and I'm hoping his signing doesn't turn out to be a big mistake.

this was a good series hopefully we bury the phills and braves this month

Sometimes you just lose. However, this team is nit a strong hitting one. With to many guys batting at or below .250. Meaning you have to scratch runs and they are just awful. Even in thus series they leave too many guys in scoring position without even moving them.
    McCann with back to back walks could have bunted ir hut and run. They play fir bufpg inning and many times get nothing. Scratching out a run is not a crime.

Guys like lindor and even Alonso just not consistent. Lindor has been a major disappointment and fir his salary he should be able to carry the team. Good start by stroman but still a loss.

Rojas needs to be more proactive when the team nit hitting. More hit and run and more stealing. Tonight the bats coukd nit hit a slow pitcher. Regroup fir the many games in few days.

Cubs @ Mets

Situational hitting is trash for us. We have a lot of improvement that can happen, and yet we are still 9 games above .500.

If we can figure out how to shorten up and protect the plate with two strikes, and start playing small ball in important spots, the sky is the limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n8ghee; 06-17-2021 at 11:00 PM.

In Syracuse, McNeill was 1 for 4 and played the whole game at 2B. Conforto was in RF and 0 for 3.

https://twitter.com/mbrownstein89/st...561764356?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920