Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Cubs @ Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Is it going to help him?
    It didn't help him last time.
    I dont know. Doctors would know better but there's an incredible amount of strain on the elbow, shoulder, etc when you throw with that velocity. My brain tells me that resting those ligaments, joints, nerves, etc would be beneficial.

Something is up that his MRIs keep coming up clean but he continually feels pain in his shoulder, elbow, etc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/timbheale...23645070823431

Like seriously what the **** does this mean? I get those injuries may not be significant but its hard to believe they are unrelated.

Sorry, but it's ridiculous for doctors to say with certainly that these injuries aren't related. Common sense says the elbow and shoulder are related and over compensation for one (knowingly or not) could obviously affect the other. Even his first setback might be related, we don't know. And I agree.. how hard the guy throws on a consistent basis could play a part in it for sure. Every season his velocity increases and maybe it's catching up with him a little. Be wise..Give him at least a 2 start break and slowly ease him back. Waaay too much season left to be hasty and we're in a good enough position to do it.

I honestly think his thorwing harder is just making him sore (which can lead to an injury). If you push yourself in the gym you are more sore than if you aren't. He's smart enough to shut it down with any discomfort which is why he hasn't had an injury.

I also wonder if the intial strain that wasn't about his arm or his elbow caused him to shut it down for a couple of weeks. He then didn't have his normal ST routine before he started pitching again. I can see that creating soreness etc...

3-4 and the phills/braves got smoked their last series ill take that

Stats time! Since 1961 only 14.41% of four game series end in sweeps. So the odds ó even with Stroman pitching ó are not with the Mets tonight.

That was Domís ball all the way. Thatís where his inexperience hurts. He pulled up instead of calling Lindor off.

An adequate LFer gets that pop up. Dom half assed it the whole way. He's nearly useless at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    An adequate LFer gets that pop up. Dom half assed it the whole way. He's nearly useless at this point.
    I donít get your your total negativity toward him.

This guy doesn't plan to stop talking any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    I donít get your your total negativity toward him.
    You can really only put up with Dom's mediocre defense if he is hitting and this year he hasn't done that.

I wish the Mets had one guy who could carry them offensively for a time. Alonso is supposed to be that big bopper but it was always going to be difficult to match what he did in his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    So really all they can do is keep looking, I mean something HAS to be wrong if he isn't feeling right. If they can't find anything, then does that just mean they haven't looked hard enough? Is there some deeper underlying issue?
    Or it could in fact be nothing.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You can really only put up with Dom's mediocre defense if he is hitting and this year he hasn't done that.
    Not like last year but heís had some meaningful hits and his avg. is down no worse than everybody else in MLB. D has been adequate for the most part. Heís the better D option at first but thatís where Pete plays.

Iíll tel you what, our situational hitting so far this season has been absolute butt cheeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast