Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs @ Mets

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Man Taijuan is so good. And he's only 28

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Thatís why I was big on him.

I liked him since he was a big Mariners prospect, but he made so much sense this year because not only of his age but because he is now 2 years removed from TJ and usually that is when guys start to be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/anthonydicomo/st...582206979?s=21

He's definitely become a fan favorite

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think you mean Nimmo since Pillar was in a CF.

And honestly no. Thatís more because of Nimmo than McNeil though.
    I did mean Nimmo, but yes I agree.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this immaculate defense when our starters get back.

McNeill hit 1 for 4 for Syracuse tonight batting lead off snd playing 2B. He did not play the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    GutsyÖ. Wow! But wonít see him again until the Nats series.
    He could start the nightcap of the Saturday doubleheader. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I did mean Nimmo, but yes I agree.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this immaculate defense when our starters get back.
    Iíd keep Pillar in CF with Nimmo in LF.

Villar needs to play 3B everyday. McNeil at 2B.

Good points but when the big guys get back, I smell trades. Lindor likes Peraza or Guilorme as his keystone combo mate. Mc neil likely will need to go to 3b or LF where there is Dom. I see Dom and JD as trade bait now. LF will be some combination of Nimmo and McNeil. Pillar will get substantial playing time in CF, but Nimmo will still get reps. I still see Conforto testing free agency. The 2022 Of will include McNeil, Nimmo, Pillar and hopefully a top notch regular CF.

I heard McKinney will get reps in CF. He will be the 4th/5th outfielder.
    Last edited by swbwtr; 06-16-2021 at 12:43 AM.

When all these injuries happened I just wanted us to stay afloat until the regulars got back. Now, to be honest, Iím worried about what happens when they get back. I mean, weíre not beating sub 500 teams anymore. Weíre beating good teams and looking good doing it. I like offense but I like wins more. Maybe Iím over thinking this and our luck starts to run out. Though I do think a trade we didnít expect to happen, actually happens because of how theyíre playing now. IE- McNeil gets traded or something like that

Yes! We are 100% in agreement. Villar and Pillar need to play every day.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    When all these injuries happened I just wanted us to stay afloat until the regulars got back. Now, to be honest, Iím worried about what happens when they get back. I mean, weíre not beating sub 500 teams anymore. Weíre beating good teams and looking good doing it. I like offense but I like wins more. Maybe Iím over thinking this and our luck starts to run out. Though I do think a trade we didnít expect to happen, actually happens because of how theyíre playing now. IE- McNeil gets traded or something like that
    Ummm is not like we are clobbering teams dude. They are winning mostly because of their pitching and yes the defense will take a step back in some cases but they will need offense because some of what these guys are doing is unsustainable and some guys will regress in both pitching and what you are getting from the bench.

These guys were brought in to be role players and itís nice that when they needed them to fill holes due to injury they did a nice job, but they not starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Ummm is not like we are clobbering teams dude. They are winning mostly because of their pitching and yes the defense will take a step back in some cases but they will need offense because some of what these guys are doing is unsustainable and some guys will regress in both pitching and what you are getting from the bench.

These guys were brought in to be role players and itís nice that when they needed them to fill holes due to injury they did a nice job, but they not starters.

Pillar and Villar are not role players. Both were and could still be regulars. Villar, in particular, could be the starting shortstop on a few teams and has proven more than capable at 3b. He is actually, IMO, a better all around player than J.D. In comparison, all J.D. can do is hit for more power.

McKinney and to a lesser degree Williams are young players who could eventually be more than role players.

But I agree that Peraza and Guillorme are role players and bench pieces as is Nido, Drury and the rest.

McNeil is a good hitter much as Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy were in prior years. Not a great defensive player though and is a utility type player. I do see the Mets possibly trading him (although I would hate to see him go) only because he is the one who might bring back the pitching that we need for the rest of the season.

J.D. and Dom are others who probably are being dangled, and Conforto might be too since I don't think the Mets will pay him what Borass expects him to sign for. Unfortunately, since it is so late in the season, the Mets probably don't get much back in return - the receiving team will only get a month or so of his services.

To add to the J.D. and Dom situations, if we knew the NL would have the DH in 2022, maybe we keep one of them. However, Cano still lurks, and he has to be considered the potential DH for this team. I see the best starting OF for the remainder of this year as Nimmo, Pillar and Conforto with McKinney and the super sub McNeil as the backup pieces. If Conforto gets traded, then Nimmo goes to RF and McKinney and McNeil get more opportunities. For 2022, the Mets will once again seek to improve CF but Pillar is still a viable candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    GutsyÖ. Wow! But wonít see him again until the Nats series.
    Either Peraza or Drury has to go when McNeill returns. When Conforto or Nimmo come back, Williams has to go. I think McKinney will manage to stick as a 4th or 5th outfielder.

Villar gives me Neil Walker/Asdrubal vibes.

He can start everyday but itís probably not ideal to let him. Heís still a below average third baseman at the end of it all. Still, it doesnít hurt to let him start.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

The most incredible thing about this season is not that our reserves have been good, but that SO MANY of them have been good.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast