Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs @ Mets

Walker, Jake and Stro up next. Chance at a statement series.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    Really. Iím glad theyíre more patient than most of the fans.
    That doesnít take much. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    Despite the current struggles, I think heíll be fine. His track record is too good.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Whenever I watch him I only see FB and it is kinda flat

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I mention when the Mets got him that he was like Diaz in 2019 that he will k a lot of guys but when hit the balls goes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/anthonydicomo/st...556615173?s=21

That was just filthy from Diaz. None of them had a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I mention when the Mets got him that he was like Diaz in 2019 that he will k a lot of guys but when hit the balls goes out.

Yeah except he is only FB pitcher. And not getting a lot of K because people don't miss

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/nynjharper/statu...003888643?s=21

For those who want him fired.

Show me a manager that makes no in game mistakes and Iíll show you a bridge for sale. Our manager has done a great job this year. More than half of the teamís starters were injured and weíre in 1st place. Iíll take that. 162 games

Peterson is a #5 starter, where he looks great one moment and garbage the next. That's why they are a #5 starter and not the Ace of the staff. Roughly 50% of their starts are Quality Starts.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Peterson can be a solid 4 or 5 starter for years to come. That's all we need from him with this staff. Just can't be in a position where he's our 2nd or 3rd best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Peterson is a #5 starter, where he looks great one moment and garbage the next. That's why they are a #5 starter and not the Ace of the staff. Roughly 50% of their starts are Quality Starts.
    #5's are typically veterans in decline, lifetime mediocre guys, or rookies.

We don't know Peterson's upside yet. He has had consistency issues but he's shown me enough to be encouraged about what he can become. He's had flashes of brilliance, with surprising swing and miss stuff. Also, after being labeled as a "pitcher" vs. hard thrower, he's added MPH to his fastball, hitting 96, which is nice for a LHP.

Seems like half the comments from last night were about May's performance, but there was so much to like. Our defense is a pleasure to watch, and whoever is positioning them has been outstanding.... Pillar's double into the gap was such a professional AB...Peterson and Dom rebounding...Loup taking on the heart of the order...Lindor's steal...McCann contributing...Drama free Diaz...All with three of our best hitters still on the DL and Alonso, Smith and Lindor scrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    #5's are typically veterans in decline, lifetime mediocre guys, or rookies.

We don't know Peterson's upside yet. He has had consistency issues but he's shown me enough to be encouraged about what he can become. He's had flashes of brilliance, with surprising swing and miss stuff. Also, after being labeled as a "pitcher" vs. hard thrower, he's added MPH to his fastball, hitting 96, which is nice for a LHP.
    Except on some of the top teams where 5s could be 3s. Just take a look at just the Mets teams of the late 60s / early 70s, those in the mid 80s and some of the other Mets teams since then. Many of those 5s could have been 3s or maybe 2s on mediocre pitching staffs.

I am not saying that Peterson is that guy, but if Thor and Cookie were here, our number 5 would be either Stroman or Walker.

Peterson has the stuff but not the consistency and command. He needs AAA, in which he has never played. Lucchesi can be a decent #5 IMO, but the Mets need to go out and bring in a veteran #4 assuming that Thor and Cookie won't be back until later this season and maybe not back at all this year.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Show me a manager that makes no in game mistakes and Iíll show you a bridge for sale. Our manager has done a great job this year. More than half of the teamís starters were injured and weíre in 1st place. Iíll take that. 162 games
    No he hasn't. Rojas has looked utterly unprepared and reactive in almost every situation this year. I'm sure he's a wonderful clubhouse guy, but as far as X's and O's go he's extremely limited. Again, maybe that's modern baseball...but I doubt it. He wasn't supposed to be an MLB manager, and all he's done thusfar is prove he isn't ready.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast