Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the best player in baseball?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ohtani

1 5.56%
  • Trout

15 83.33%
  • deGrom

0 0%
  • Acuna

0 0%
  • Tatis

0 0%
  • Soto

1 5.56%
  • Other

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Trout would be a first ballot HOFer and it better be unanimous. He's arguably the best player ever to this point.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Lol yeah. Silly comment. Dude couldíve retired two years ago and gotten into the HOF. Dudes a lock. All heís going for now is if heís the GOAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^^^

Some of these young guys are incredible. FT,RA .... couple years ago I thought Yelish was the guy . 2 years ago it looked like Bellinger had a shot . But no one is even close to Trout yet . Mookie is slumping a little this year but his defense has damn near been a prevlige to watch . Itís almost hard to believe what you see from that guy sometimes.

Trout
    Ohtani
    Tatis
    deGrom
    Soto
    Acuna
    Vlad

No doubt the homer in me is coming out but I always thought there was some bias against pitchers being the best players in baseball. Yes, SP and even RP have won the MVP award but it never seems fair to me that pitchers don't get more credit. SP face as many batters as everyday players have PA in a given season.

I love Trout and his body of work probably lends to him keeping that best player title but his teammate is catching up fast. Ohtani is just so unique.

deGrom is a video game in terms of his dominance and its not just this year where he has been exceptional. Now I probably jinxed him but he's making ML hitters look like they don't belong in the league when he's on the mound.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2021 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No doubt the homer in me is coming out but I always thought there was some bias against pitchers being the best players in baseball. Yes, SP and even RP have won the MVP award but it never seems fair to me that pitchers don't get more credit. SP face as many batters as everyday players have PA in a given season.

I love Trout and his body of work probably lends to him keeping that best player title but his teammate is catching up fast. Ohtani is just so unique.

deGrom is a video game in terms of his dominance and its not just this year where he has been exceptional. Now I probably jinxed him but he's making ML hitters look like they don't belong in the league when he's on the mound.
    Given the eras they played in and the ballparks as well, i'd put what Degrom's current season is what Pedro Martinez did in his peak seasons.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

With Trout hurt for a stretch, I'm going with Ohtani (despite what I said earlier in the thread). Dude is stupid talented and producing like a mofo.

Yeah Ohtani is the guy for me to be top echelon on both sides is insane.

Love deGrom and no pitcher is close to him, but best player? Itís Ohtani.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    With Trout hurt for a stretch, I'm going with Ohtani (despite what I said earlier in the thread). Dude is stupid talented and producing like a mofo.
    At least for this year this is the right answer. What ohtani is doing is just amazing

wonder how high Degroms stock would be if he actually played as DH on off pitching days. I would go with Ohtani also this year due to his impact not just as a pitcher but also as a hitter. If Trout was healthy then it would have been him fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    wonder how high Degroms stock would be if he actually played as DH on off pitching days. I would go with Ohtani also this year due to his impact not just as a pitcher but also as a hitter. If Trout was healthy then it would have been him fwiw.
    Its very likely degrom would.be negative WAR if he hit every day. He's having a great pitcher hitting year, but it's 30 at bat's. In his good year this year, he has 1 extra base hit.

If he DH'd every day, it's likely he'd be a better hitter than he has been for his career numbers, just from the experience gained from hitting everyday. That being said, pitchers would likely scout him more and find more weaknesses in his swing. DH degrom would be a below average hitter and likely significantly below average and also provide almost no value on the bases. I'd guess his total WAR would actually decrease if he had as many at bat's as ohtani.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Its very likely degrom would.be negative WAR if he hit every day. He's having a great pitcher hitting year, but it's 30 at bat's. In his good year this year, he has 1 extra base hit.

If he DH'd every day, it's likely he'd be a better hitter than he has been for his career numbers, just from the experience gained from hitting everyday. That being said, pitchers would likely scout him more and find more weaknesses in his swing. DH degrom would be a below average hitter and likely significantly below average and also provide almost no value on the bases. I'd guess his total WAR would actually decrease if he had as many at bat's as ohtani.
    Probably youíre right, but if he will also concentrate on hitting more and be a better hitter overall. Would he be better than Ohtani? Probably not but I just put it up there for discussion purposes. I like to wonder sometimes. Greg Maddox was a good hitter also. I sometimes wonder if he took the same approach in hitting and played everyday, how good of a hitter he would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    He just needs a ring and heíll be the goat

and say 90 pitching wins
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    and say 90 pitching wins
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Why?
    To be anywhere in the discussion of GOAT it starts and ends with Babe Ruth.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Who is the best player in baseball?

What is the criteria for a pitcher to get credited with a win?
    Last edited by koldjerky; 07-01-2021 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast