Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I was likely paying even less attention to his mental state. I do remember joking more than once about Reagan's afternoon naps. But he would have 'only' been 73 when re-elected, I believe....so even when he left office he was younger than when Joe began.
    The severity of dementia is different for each person and doesn't follow an age chart. My mom's dementia started around eighty-six, my granddad in his mid-nineties, I am noticing a tiny decline in my cognitive skills in my mid-sixties.

You are conveniently forgetting that Reagan's dementia was worse than anything that Biden is showing now, and Reagan was younger.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

again, I have no issue right now

...but at least you're consistent...because you know damn well were the parties reversed, you wouldn't be so quick to think the same way
    Iíve said I donít think he has it. But Iím saying the people who claim he does should acknowledge that we KNOW Reagan did.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The severity of dementia is different for each person and doesn't follow an age chart. My mom's dementia started around eighty-six, my granddad in his mid-nineties, I am noticing a tiny decline in my cognitive skills in my mid-sixties.

You are conveniently forgetting that Reagan's dementia was worse than anything that Biden is showing now, and Reagan was younger.
    no no, I'm not conveniently forgetting...I was saying in those days I didn't pay enough attention to politics to know. I can't forget what I never knew
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Iíve said I donít think he has it. But Iím saying the people who claim he does should acknowledge that we KNOW Reagan did.
    well, that's the kind of whataboutism you guys always give Scoots **** about....how severe Reagan had it really has no bearing on whether Joe has it or not.

And we didn't KNOW Reagan had it while he was in office- he was 5 years out of office when diagnosed with Alzheimer's, so only after the fact did we KNOW.

well, that's the kind of whataboutism you guys always give Scoots **** about....how severe Reagan had it really has no bearing on whether Joe has it or not.

And we didn't KNOW Reagan had it while he was in office- he was 5 years out of office when diagnosed with Alzheimer's, so only after the fact did we KNOW.
    Just pointing out hypocrisy. Their willingness to tolerate the mental issues they attack Joe Biden for when it was their guy.

Also if you couldn't tell that Reagan had some mental problems prior to his diagnosis, then you weren't paying attention.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Don't do that. Everyone knew he had dementia, his inner circle, and his wife was protective of him when reporters start asking questions. Maybe you were too young then to pick up on it.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Thanks for responding.

I disagree that it's dumb to pursue change to our health care now. Whole-heartedly. We're in a pandemic, first off. Like...when would a better time have been? It's simply unacceptable that a country of our magnitude does not have some form of single payer. I've seen how this health care system dicks over way too many people in my life. It's gross and standing in the way of TRUE universal health care that is TRULY affordable is insane to me.

I see a lot of "better things are not possible" in this post. And I do also disagree with that. I don't accept that the political status quo is the best we can demand. And I certainly disagree with providing cover to those that stand in the way of bold reform.

What do you mean when "China needs to stay in their own lane" and "Putin needs to settle the **** down". What do you want the US to do about it? Explain that to me! I don't sympathize with China. I just think we aren't the world police, we don't need to start a Cold War with a country like China or Russia, and we can do so much on our own to build a robust economy that doesn't involve sounding like how John Bolton does when he's talking about Iran

I do agree about things like "making more Senate seats". I think Dems need to start playing the same game Republicans are. DC statehood is just. If PR wants statehood, give it to them. Pack the courts. Do whatever is in your means to hold onto power and enact policy that lifts this country up.

So on and so on.

What do I want out of Biden? I struggle with that every day. It's why I've tried so hard to get some expectations from others.

I just want him ultimately to govern with the concern and direness that we all treat these issues with every day. When we talk about climate change, we acknowledge the graveness of the threat and recognize that half-measures won't fix the problem. Govern that way. I want an improved health care system. Obviously I won't shut up until we get something we deserve, but major changes to Obamacare are a bare minimum. He needs to tax the rich. He needs to help ease the burden personal debt has on like the entire country (he could cancel student debt on his own...which would be a massive game-changer). He needs to do something that acknowledges the racist criminal justice system in this country and do something tangible to make it less cruel. He needs to decrease our military presence overseas and slash our defense budget. Immigration is the trickiest for me. Abolish ICE is a good start. There are still kids in cages. That's a good start! He NEEDS to pass a very significant election reform/voter rights bill. What else....?

Let me know what you think!

But lot of that is like...bare minimum.
    There's minor changes that could help with costs, but when I say it's dumb to deal with healthcare right now I'm more referring to the major legislation proposals that would be required in order to nationalize our healthcare system. It's not that nothing can be done I just don't think right now is the time to go big. We can't even get an infrastructure bill passed, let alone a public option.

Not sure what you're really talking about "providing cover". If there's a plan of action you have in order to pass major legislation I'm all for it. But at the end of the day, we need the votes.

China is looking to expand to Taiwan. THey've already taken control of HK basically. And Putin's life goal has been to resurrect the Soviet Union. I don't think it's a good idea to let these giant countries expand out, and take over sovereign nations. This is one of the few times where the USA (IMO) does have the moral high ground in protecting these countries from being invaded. Taiwan is a Democratic nation, and deserves to have its sovereignty protected.

This isn't about preventing a "cold war" this is preventing a real war. I could go into further detail on how invasive China has been. But you know those UFO sightings? WHat do you think is more likely? That these are Alien space crafts from distant galaxies? Or that these are enemy drones looking to spy on American military sites? China and Russia have been getting real aggressive. But I've noticed some AMericans pointing the fingers at the USA out of habit for "saber rattling" when IMO China and Russia have been the aggressors recently.

This is completely different then somewhere like Iran or Iraq (although I believe the USA was completely justified in the Gulf War, and it was their return in 2003 that was egregious as all hell). Iran is not looking to expand and take over the entire Middle East. They are simply looking to join the world in trade, and not be stifled by sanctions dictated by corporate interest. China and Russia are totalitarian dictatorships that are looking to expand their assets strategically. To bolster the economy, and military. I think it would be a painfully silly mistake for us to ignore these countries attempts to gain power through imperialism. But these situations are not the same as Iran.

No one is asking you to shut up about issues you are concerned for. No one is saying accept that your not getting nationalized healthcare. What we're saying is recognize the problem for what it is. Because blaming Biden is totally whiffing on what is actually happening politically. Calling for Biden's head isn't going to get a nationalized healthcare system.

Keep advocating for policies, but know your enemy. Because Biden has shown that he's willing to push progressive policies. It's up to us to advocate for what we want, and push government officials to represent us. But lighting a match and setting fire to the Biden Admin, is not going to get us anywhere closer to more progressive policies.

If Biden had the political capitol to push forward big change, I'd be all on board criticizing him. People try to paint me as this "Big Biden Guy" as if he's been my guy for years or something. I was voting against Trump in the election more than anything, and had pretty low expectations for Biden. But he's actually really surprised me with how progressive he's been.

Just pointing out hypocrisy. Their willingness to tolerate the mental issues they attack Joe Biden for when it was their guy.

Also if you couldn't tell that Reagan had some mental problems prior to his diagnosis, then you weren't paying attention.
    I already TOLD you I wasn't paying attention...and you weren't old enough to.

Why is this suddenly an issue? All I did was point out there's some dementia showing. I didn't say anything many others haven't already said and I didn't suggest it necessarily a problem. I simply suggested that and his age likely mean he doesn't run in 2024.

So what hypocrisy are you even referring to? People 30 years ago not really making it an issue regarding Reagan vs people not really making it an issue regarding Joe now?

Don't do that. Everyone knew he had dementia, his inner circle, and his wife was protective of him when reporters start asking questions. Maybe you were too young then to pick up on it.
    sure, THEY likely did, I said I wasn't paying enough attention. I paid about as much attention to politics as I do to women's hockey now.

lol I can't claim to have been too young- was late 30s by the time he was out of office

Why is this suddenly an issue? All I did was point out there's some dementia showing. I didn't say anything many others haven't already said and I didn't suggest it necessarily a problem. I simply suggested that and his age likely mean he doesn't run in 2024.

So what hypocrisy are you even referring to? People 30 years ago not really making it an issue regarding Reagan vs people not really making it an issue regarding Joe now?
    You don't possess the ability to read things that have been written by others who were there? His own people discussed invoking the 25th Amendment because he was inattentive and seemingly uninterested and unaware of what was going on around him.

I can get around my youth and research what was said and discussed. Your excuse is a bit flimsier.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

if you didn't also share the latest Kamala gossip, I might believe you. little passive-aggressive dissing on the Dems which end with the out, when called out, "I am just saying".

Over the last few pages, no one brought up dementia.

Will Rogers

You don't possess the ability to read things that have been written by others who were there? His own people discussed invoking the 25th Amendment because he was inattentive and seemingly uninterested and unaware of what was going on around him.

I can get around my youth and research what was said and discussed. Your excuse is a bit flimsier.
    Think what you want. In those days I was heavily involved in my church and singing near full time in my gospel quartet. Politics was simply not something I paid even cursory attention to.

if you didn't also share the latest Kamala gossip, I might believe you. little passive-aggressive dissing on the Dems which end with the out, when called out, "I am just saying".

Over the last few pages, no one brought up dementia.
    Wes, the only person I dissed was Kamala herself...and I was just stating what I was told by someone who said they knew directly. I wasn't being remotely passive aggressive, just stating information as I know it.

The title of this thread is that Biden should not run. I've simply stated reasons I believe he will not. I didn't state anything I wouldn't have said about a Republican or would have if I were a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    It was very important that Donald Trump lose the 2020 election, so Biden needed to win by default, but Biden being the President has only helped the donors and put the establishment back in charge. The things happening in Washington right now is honestly exactly why Donald Trump ever became President in the first place. The establishment doesn't work and only serves to take money out of our pockets to give to corporate donors. Take a look at the "bipartisan" infrastructure bill. Not only does it fail to effectively address our crumbling infrastructure, but it's paid for solely on the backs of the middle and lower classes. No taxes on corporations or rich people, but you can bet that it would increase the gas tax and add more tolls on roads and bridges. $15/hour minimum wage isn't under consideration because the modus operandi in Washington is to make sure everything funnels to the top.

That's the problem, the United States is the richest nation in the history of the world, but we are collectively a very unhappy society because we treat each other like savages. We're the only nation that doesn't provide our citizens with healthcare, and placing the burden of supplying healthcare on employers helps keep wages low. Money employers could be giving their workers is instead spent on providing healthcare. We have a tax code that is designed for rich people to avoid, because they don't earn wages the same way we do. We work a job and earn wages, wages account for a fraction of rich people's income. They get paid through dividends and capitol gains. Capitol gains are taxed very differently from wages. We're operating on two very different fields of play.

The point I'm trying to make is the system isn't fair, and it wasn't designed to be. Joe Biden doesn't want to do anything to change the system and so things are only going to continue to get worse. He was never going to be "FDR 2.0" because he's not in favor of what he was forced to campaign on to trick democratic voters into voting for him. He doesn't want $15/hour minimum wage, he doesn't want to spend on infrastructure, he and the majority of Democrats are hiding behind Joe Manchin in the Senate because they don't want to pass robust legislation that would change our country. They just want to keep flowing money to the top, which in turn takes it out of our pockets, and gaslight us all the way.

Joe Biden is clearly not the leader we need right now, he's only more of the same and having yet another President that contributes to these systemic issues is only going to bring along someone or something that's worse than Trump. For a guy who has desperately wanted to be President longer than I've been alive, Joe Biden sure as hell isn't doing anything noteworthy. He's just another corrupt politician. We need the priorities of our government to change, and it is a black and white situation. Either we continue to funnel money to the top or we stop. We've been doing it for 50 years and the middle class is almost completely gone. We need new leaders and we need to make sure we elect a new President in 2024 because Joe Biden is inadequate.
    Biden is a waste, Commie Harris is a waste, the whole administration is a waste.
    Eichel Tower

There is no point in discussing politics with someone who thinks Kamala Harris is a Communist.

So for that, thank you ccugrad, for not even trying to discuss anything!!!
    HELLO

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast