Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Wes, the only person I dissed was Kamala herself...and I was just stating what I was told by someone who said they knew directly. I wasn't being remotely passive aggressive, just stating information as I know it.

The title of this thread is that Biden should not run. I've simply stated reasons I believe he will not. I didn't state anything I wouldn't have said about a Republican or would have if I were a Democrat.
    Site, I just think it questionable that a thirty-year-old at that time wouldn't be aware of Reagan's dementia, it was talked about as much as Biden's problem is now. Even if one didn't believe it they would have heard it.

I could be wrong, and if I am, I am sorry. I am constantly amazed how people are unaware of political things or as in this case, of people questioning the mental state of their president, like they are doing now.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-17-2021 at 10:19 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    There is no point in discussing politics with someone who thinks Kamala Harris is a Communist.

So for that, thank you ccugrad, for not even trying to discuss anything!!!
    They're supposed to be calling her a cop that locks up black kids. How do they keep avoiding the patches that the RNC puts out?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Biden is a waste, Commie Harris is a waste, the whole administration is a waste.
    Lets here your description of her plan to implement an agenda that leads to Communism. I'm all ears please. I could use a good laugh this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    There's minor changes that could help with costs, but when I say it's dumb to deal with healthcare right now I'm more referring to the major legislation proposals that would be required in order to nationalize our healthcare system. It's not that nothing can be done I just don't think right now is the time to go big. We can't even get an infrastructure bill passed, let alone a public option.

Not sure what you're really talking about "providing cover". If there's a plan of action you have in order to pass major legislation I'm all for it. But at the end of the day, we need the votes.

China is looking to expand to Taiwan. THey've already taken control of HK basically. And Putin's life goal has been to resurrect the Soviet Union. I don't think it's a good idea to let these giant countries expand out, and take over sovereign nations. This is one of the few times where the USA (IMO) does have the moral high ground in protecting these countries from being invaded. Taiwan is a Democratic nation, and deserves to have its sovereignty protected.

This isn't about preventing a "cold war" this is preventing a real war. I could go into further detail on how invasive China has been. But you know those UFO sightings? WHat do you think is more likely? That these are Alien space crafts from distant galaxies? Or that these are enemy drones looking to spy on American military sites? China and Russia have been getting real aggressive. But I've noticed some AMericans pointing the fingers at the USA out of habit for "saber rattling" when IMO China and Russia have been the aggressors recently.

This is completely different then somewhere like Iran or Iraq (although I believe the USA was completely justified in the Gulf War, and it was their return in 2003 that was egregious as all hell). Iran is not looking to expand and take over the entire Middle East. They are simply looking to join the world in trade, and not be stifled by sanctions dictated by corporate interest. China and Russia are totalitarian dictatorships that are looking to expand their assets strategically. To bolster the economy, and military. I think it would be a painfully silly mistake for us to ignore these countries attempts to gain power through imperialism. But these situations are not the same as Iran.

No one is asking you to shut up about issues you are concerned for. No one is saying accept that your not getting nationalized healthcare. What we're saying is recognize the problem for what it is. Because blaming Biden is totally whiffing on what is actually happening politically. Calling for Biden's head isn't going to get a nationalized healthcare system.

Keep advocating for policies, but know your enemy. Because Biden has shown that he's willing to push progressive policies. It's up to us to advocate for what we want, and push government officials to represent us. But lighting a match and setting fire to the Biden Admin, is not going to get us anywhere closer to more progressive policies.

If Biden had the political capitol to push forward big change, I'd be all on board criticizing him. People try to paint me as this "Big Biden Guy" as if he's been my guy for years or something. I was voting against Trump in the election more than anything, and had pretty low expectations for Biden. But he's actually really surprised me with how progressive he's been.
    Honestly, you talking about Russia and China just confirmed my suspicions. "Those UFOs could be Russian tech so let's go to war with them!". Bro, come on!!!

Shore up our ****. If Russia is hacking us, SOLVE IT. If China is crushing our economy, SOLVE IT. Like, urging military action is insane to me. Especially against the other two global super powers.

And you still didn't actually explain what you want the US to do to Russia and China. Besides hint at war, again. "Bolster our military"? Stop. Please just stop. We spend an utterly indefensible amount on defense spending, to the detriment of so much. If you're sounding more like a hawk than the right-wingers you know, well...

And at the risk of being called a China-supporter or whatever red-baiting nonsense, I will say that for any American to call China "imperialist" is RIPE.

And I'm not calling for Biden's head. I'm just saying I want him to do good stuff!!!! Babying the politicians we're most reliant on for meaningful change is, again, weird to me. Very weird. I want the most out of this window of time. You seem more concerned with preemptively getting out in front of things to explain why it's stupid of me to want the most out things.

Keep advocating for policies, but know your enemy.
    I know who's standing in the way of these policies. It's not just the bad guys! It's the Democrats too. They're the ones we actually have to put our hope in. There's no hope for the GOP.
    HELLO

Honestly, you talking about Russia and China just confirmed my suspicions. "Those UFOs could be Russian tech so let's go to war with them!". Bro, come on!!!

Shore up our ****. If Russia is hacking us, SOLVE IT. If China is crushing our economy, SOLVE IT. Like, urging military action is insane to me. Especially against the other two global super powers.

And you still didn't actually explain what you want the US to do to Russia and China. Besides hint at war, again. "Bolster our military"? Stop. Please just stop. We spend an utterly indefensible amount on defense spending, to the detriment of so much. If you're sounding more like a hawk than the right-wingers you know, well...

And at the risk of being called a China-supporter or whatever red-baiting nonsense, I will say that for any American to call China "imperialist" is RIPE.

And I'm not calling for Biden's head. I'm just saying I want him to do good stuff!!!! Babying the politicians we're most reliant on for meaningful change is, again, weird to me. Very weird. I want the most out of this window of time. You seem more concerned with preemptively getting out in front of things to explain why it's stupid of me to want the most out things.

I know who's standing in the way of these policies. It's not just the bad guys! It's the Democrats too. They're the ones we actually have to put our hope in. There's no hope for the GOP.
    The problem is that most of the hacking is done by "private" citizens of Russia. They are people who are not directly or indirectly affiliated with their government but allowed to operate in their borders.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I never said we should go to war with Russia.

I never said China is beating us economically so we should go to war with them.

I never said we should bolster our military.

Yes, I think Imperialism is bad. When America does it, or China. I think it's RIPE that I'll see people online quick to chastise America, but have no qualms with a country that is taking over sovereign nations by force while simultaneously committing a massive ethnic of an entire people inside their country.

I think you were looking for your suspicions to be confirmed so you failed at reading comprehension in doing so.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 06-17-2021 at 10:56 AM.

I should know better than to discuss foreign policy on this forum. I'll never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Site, I just think it questionable that a thirty-year-old at that time wouldn't be aware of Reagan's dementia, it was talked about as much as Biden's problem is now. Even if one didn't believe it they would have heard it.

I could be wrong, and if I am, I am sorry. I am constantly amazed how people are unaware of political things or as in this case, of people questioning the mental state of their president, like they are doing now.
    Well, maybe I have some dementia myself NOW, I don't know.
    My MEMORY of Captain Ron was that he was simply old. I know we'd joke he took a lot of naps, I just have no memory of talking about his mental state. As mentioned in another post, during that time frame I was HEAVILY involved with my church- youth director, choir, council- as well as my gospel quartet. I mean when my Twins win the WS in '87 I was barely paying attention to sports and now I run a sports site. So, there's a lot of things I wasn't paying attention to then that I do now.

If it was talked about with him back then, why the concern they're talking about it with Joe now?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

There is no point in discussing politics with someone who thinks Kamala Harris is a Communist.

So for that, thank you ccugrad, for not even trying to discuss anything!!!
    to a Trumper, anything left of center is communist.....just like for a lefty, anything right of center is Trumpish

Center itself is a moving target greatly depending on who's marking it.

Well, maybe I have some dementia myself NOW, I don't know.
    My MEMORY of Captain Ron was that he was simply old. I know we'd joke he took a lot of naps, I just have no memory of talking about his mental state. As mentioned in another post, during that time frame I was HEAVILY involved with my church- youth director, choir, council- as well as my gospel quartet. I mean when my Twins win the WS in '87 I was barely paying attention to sports and now I run a sports site. So, there's a lot of things I wasn't paying attention to then that I do now.

If it was talked about with him back then, why the concern they're talking about it with Joe now?
    Political weaponizing of his problem. You don't hear that concerned voice on the Democrat side. The republicans weren't concern or mention "Uncle Ron's problem" either back then
    Last edited by WES445; 06-17-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Political weaponizing of his problem. You don't hear that concerned voice on the Democrat side.
    And you probably didn't hear it on the Republican side in Reagan years.

We all get have some form of dementia as we get older, even if never diagnosed. For the lucky ones, it never really shows up enough to effect daily life, for others obviously it has drastic effects.

For me, thus far, I have an excellent memory for some things, average for others, poor for some. I may remember exactly what happened in a situation 50 years ago, yet still get up and walk across the room then not remember what I got up for....and I know I'm not alone in that because I seem to remember others saying the same

And you probably didn't hear it on the Republican side in Reagan years.

We all get have some form of dementia as we get older, even if never diagnosed. For the lucky ones, it never really shows up enough to effect daily life, for others obviously it has drastic effects.

For me, thus far, I have an excellent memory for some things, average for others, poor for some. I may remember exactly what happened in a situation 50 years ago, yet still get up and walk across the room then not remember what I got up for....and I know I'm not alone in that because I seem to remember others saying the same
    Sure, like a lot of republican wasn't aware of Donald Trump's nuttiness, racism, and sexual assaults he brags about just the last few years. And if they were aware of it, they deny it or it just didn't matter to them. Selective perception disorder is a real disorder that affects tribal members.

Will Rogers

Come on Dude, you have been around enough old people with dementia to recognize it when you see it, especially if you know them for a long time. Ronald Reagan and Joe Biden have been in the public eye for along time in their lifetime.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-17-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Will Rogers

Come on Dude, you have been around enough old people with dementia to recognize it when you see it, especially if you know them for a long time. Ronald Reagan and Joe Biden have been in the public eye for along time in their lifetime.
    maybe, not sure, don't remember

I barely knew Joe prior to this campaign, Like most VPs, he was rarely in the spotlight and I've rarely paid much attention to politics. These past 18 months changed that, but I'm actively looking to retreat back to my normal lack of attention....I've got enough stress in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I never said we should go to war with Russia.

I never said China is beating us economically so we should go to war with them.

I never said we should bolster our military.

Yes, I think Imperialism is bad. When America does it, or China. I think it's RIPE that I'll see people online quick to chastise America, but have no qualms with a country that is taking over sovereign nations by force while simultaneously committing a massive ethnic of an entire people inside their country.

I think you were looking for your suspicions to be confirmed so you failed at reading comprehension in doing so.
    I misread the bolster sentence You clearly meant China and Russia are doing imperialism to bolster their economy and military. Skimmed too hard too fast.

I will say that China's imperialist nature is much different than Western imperialism, too. In A LOT of ways.

Ultimately I'm not too sure why I care what they're doing. A lot of countries are doing a lot of bad things. Just because I don't want to antagonize either of these two countries too needlessly doesn't mean I support what they're doing. I just don't really care. And none of us would care at all if our military hasn't been so overextended for so ****ing long.

I support Democracy. I think ethnic cleansing is bad. But what do you want Joe Biden to do about China? Or Russia? I'm truly just asking. Or, I mean, I wasn't asking. But now I am.

You say "I should know better to discuss foreign policy one here". So talk it about it first. Not just with this vagueness. I want to know what you want Biden to do. It's fine if you don't know too! I'm not acting like I have the solutions. I just know what I don't want happening.
    HELLO

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast