Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 392
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    And whose door should I be knocking on when the political system is corrupted and unresponsive?
    Right. Joe Biden is the current president of a country whose system has many flaws from which he has benefited. Who but the top dog to take the heat?

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Right. Joe Biden is the current president of a country whose system has many flaws from which he has benefited. Who but the top dog to take the heat?
    He is the executive of a government that operates with three equal branches. He doesnít tell the other two branches what to do. He is responsible for enforcing existing laws and can propose new legislation to be reviewed by the congress.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Right. Joe Biden is the current president of a country whose system has many flaws from which he has benefited. Who but the top dog to take the heat?
    I agree, but I knew I wasn't going to get that answer from the moderate posters here.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    He is the executive of a government that operates with three equal branches. He doesnít tell the other two branches what to do. He is responsible for enforcing existing laws and can propose new legislation to be reviewed by the congress.
    You seem to be preaching a very different sermon for Joe Biden than you did for Trump when he was in the office.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You seem to be preaching a very different sermon for Joe Biden than you did for Trump when he was in the office.
    How so?

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Then choose you words more carefully when you accuse posters of falsehoods.

    Such smugness. No wonder why so many people find mainstream democrats so distasteful.
    "Mainstream Democrats". What makes me a "mainstream democrat".

    All my policy positions are left, but somehow I get labeled a "Moderate" or "mainstream" because I don't coddle these babies throwing temper tantrums after 5 months of this presidency.

    Because I'm not a full on Socialist like people in this site I guess that makes me a "mainstream dem".

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,344
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Progressives are complaining Joe Biden is attempting bi-partisanship by negotiating the infrastructure bill with Republicans. Conservatives are complaining heís not being bi-partisan. So which is it?
    You're asking me?
    I don't see either party spending much time on anything remotely bipartisan
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,391
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You're asking me?
    I don't see either party spending much time on anything remotely bipartisan
    After COVID relief passed, it became bipartisan as hell. All those top Republicans bragged about the relief as if they voted yes on the bill.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,540
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You're asking me?
    I don't see either party spending much time on anything remotely bipartisan
    Not even the infrastructure bill?

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,401
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Love Biden! Hope he serves at least 2 more terms


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ONLY 2 are you sure your a true fan(tm)

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,401
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Progressive Democrats think that we can magically snap our fingers and change policy regardless of the rules our government has in place for making laws.

    Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema recognize what will happen if they repeal the filibuster. The next time Republicans gain both chambers of congress and the presidency they will repeal all sorts of laws that they donít like and Democrats wonít be able to stop them. They learned from what Harry Reid did in 2013.
    That was the crazy thing about all the articles blasting McConnell for "packing the lower courts" and "reshaping our lower courts" that **** only happened because Harry Reid removed the filibuster on lower court appointments.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,401
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Over play what hand?

    He was a strong Presidential candidate in 2020. Hence why he destroyed everyone in the Primary and in the general election.

    He's one of the most polarizing presidents because he followed Donald Trump.

    Grooming who? Who exactly? Can't be Bernie as "two time losers" are apparently bad news bears.

    ANd you are straight delusional if you think you're going to elect someone far left and that's somehow going to be a less divisive and less polarizing candidate. WHat you want a more moderate Dem to fill in the gaping gap between the parties? You are just spitting slander at this point.
    The only reason he won is because everyone dropped out making him the only centrists, except Warren who stayed in to spite bernie

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,298
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Progressives are complaining Joe Biden is attempting bi-partisanship by negotiating the infrastructure bill with Republicans. Conservatives are complaining heís not being bi-partisan. So which is it?
    If bi-partisan means we're going to cut out all the climate proposals in the infrastructure bill and pay for a bare bones plan solely on the backs of workers like the one the Senate negotiated then that is the problem.

    Raising taxes on the super rich to pay for infrastructure is actually something both democratic and republican voters can agree on, but raising taxes on the rich for any reason is the most controversial thing in Washington. That's because they are all under a mandate from their donors, who bribe them. My rants in the OP and throughout this thread are actually more targeted towards this system we're under as opposed to Biden himself, and that I believe he should step aside in 2024 because we need someone who will actually try to change it if we ever want to get anywhere. Biden did say that he is not the future, only a bridge, after all.

    But to answer your question, again, if they hide behind bi partisanship to screw over workers and half-*** the infrastructure bill then that is the problem. I'll also tell you now that is exactly what they plan to do.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 06-15-2021 at 06:56 AM.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,350
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    That was the crazy thing about all the articles blasting McConnell for "packing the lower courts" and "reshaping our lower courts" that **** only happened because Harry Reid removed the filibuster on lower court appointments.
    That happens because McConnell block all of Obama's picks to the courts including the supreme court. Now he says he will do the same if the republicans gain control of the senate in 2022. Kind of overlooked that didn't you.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The only reason he won is because everyone dropped out making him the only centrists, except Warren who stayed in to spite bernie
    Yet when Warren dropped out, the vast majority of her base voted Biden.

    This is fake news

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •