Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    What a laughable assertion. Joe Manchin cannot join the Republicans and he'll probably lose in 2024 when his term is up anyway because of one reason. He voted to convict Trump on impeachment TWICE. Good luck explaining that one in a GOP primary. Manchin can't be a Republican, and he'll probably lose to one anyway in 2024. He's not blocking these bills to get support in his home state, he's doing it because he's taking money from the Kochs, like a typical crooked politician. Biden and the rest of the Democrats will hide behind him like a shield because he's protecting their donors too.
    Manchin will win re-election. It will be close, but he will. He knows that state and by this time they know him and what he's about.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sounds like you just don't really like Biden.
    Duh, working with segregationists wasn't a good start in building trust with me. How about you?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Manchin will win re-election. It will be close, but he will. He knows that state and by this time they know him and what he's about.
    With the growing discontent with him within his state, I wouldn't put money on it. He knows who has putting money in his pocket and how to keep it coming.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    With the growing discontent with him within his state, I wouldn't put money on it. He knows who has putting money in his pocket and how to keep it coming.
    I wouldn't bet against him.

I wouldn't bet against him.
    Until I see how this discontent grows or not grows, I wouldn't make bets either way. But I do feel it will grow.

Will Rogers

Duh, working with segregationists wasn't a good start in building trust with me. How about you?
    Unless youre Mohammed Ali or your hero Malcolm X right?

People that not only worked with segregationalists but considered them close allies.

Does anybody want to place bets on how this will come out? I will admit I am hard on the moderates and Biden but don't sit here and think these guys don't have something to prove. I didn't come up with the "do-nothing party" that has been whirling in the wind since the Clinton administration and cause voters to not come out and vote for Hillary in 2016.
    Placing a bet on what you think will happen is different than waiting and seeing what actually happened. If I place a bet on an outcome it means that I don't really know the outcome and I have the option to gamble on it because it is up in the air. That's not the same thing as someone actually doing something bad it is an assumption/bet they will.

I am not at all saying Biden (or Clinton) types don't have anything to prove. I am in agreement on what has been happening and am very skeptical things will change. We need to wait until we aren't just betting on what will happen before we criticize as if it is Biden's fault. When it happens it will be clear why/how and Biden's actions will dictate how much criticism he deserves. Attacking him for having the low odds or low likelihood change is coming is different than attacking him for actually not having fought for that change with little happening under his presidency. As I noted you can keep pressure on and everything just realize this will take time and his specific response to setbacks etc. matter more than our guesses.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 06-15-2021 at 04:57 PM.

It becomes more and more obvious by the day that you dont really care about policy at all. You wanted Bernie. If he were president and these things happened youd have 0 issues with whats happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

People that not only worked with segregationalists but considered them close allies.
    In the time in this country when he was elected, if you didn't work with them they called you a back bencher senator who collected a paycheck but got absolutely no legislation passed. If Hillary had been a senator back then, she would have had the same history because she is also a problem solver. Anyone who isn't content just sitting back and making money for no work would have been doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

Since when has Mohammed Ali or Malcolm X made and pass policies that affect my life? You are so weak with your crap that it is laughable.

John Wayne made racist statement but I still watch his movie, if you wish to go there as well.

Did you get a little moist thinking you got me?

Will Rogers

Since when has Mohammed Ali or Malcolm X made and pass policies that affect my life? You are so weak with your crap that it is laughable.

John Wayne made racist statement but I still watch his movie, if you wish to go there as well.

FYI, later in life, Malcolm X refuted the racism of his sect which got him killed by loyal Black Muslims. Mohammed Ali, also shun the Black Muslims, afterward. Have you ever seen him associate with that racist Louis Farrakhan?

Will Rogers

66 years old

And yes that clearly did get to you.

FYI, later in life, Malcolm X refuted the racism of his sect which got him killed by loyal Black Muslims. Mohammed Ali, also shun the Black Muslims, afterward. Have you ever seen him associate with that racist Louis Farrakhan?
    Meanwhile Biden????

In the time in this country when he was elected, if you didn't work with them they called you a back bencher senator who collected a paycheck but got absolutely no legislation passed. If Hillary had been a senator back then, she would have had the same history because she is also a problem solver. Anyone who isn't content just sitting back and making money for no work would have been doing the same thing.
    Of course. This is painfully obvious to anyone who can think passed their own narrow perspective. If you didn't want to work with segregationists, then probably shouldn't become a Senator in the 70's.

Don't count your chickens before they come home to roost my friend. He's holding up legislation that has broad support in his state and is very divisive within his own party. Republican voters will certainly be reminded that he voted to convict Trump twice when his challenger brings it up, and so will Trump himself when he attempts his 2024 comeback and probably personally campaigns against Manchin. Manchin is cooked.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast